lanaismamom

"Lust for Life" Album Recording/Writing Timeline and Creative Process Discussion

3 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

track with number 1685 could be outtake too if RBFY was already scrapped. probaly one of political tracks (probaly guitar song with trap beat:troll:)

Remember we had scrapped Rocky collabs as well

url%5D

i started thinking that late 2016-early 2017 LFL could be folk/folk-trap album with few tracks inspired by BTD (Love, LFL, 13 Beaches, SB, GL).

I also read an interview from 2017 where she said that she started recording or writing 2 songs from LFL before releasing Honeymoon album or something. We know that she started recording LFL title track before Honeymoon's release then what could be the other song? Love? Heroin?

url%5D

Just now, Embach said:

I also read an interview from 2017 where she said that she started recording or writing 2 songs from LFL before releasing Honeymoon album or something. We know that she started recording LFL title track before Honeymoon's release then what could be the other song? Love? Heroin?

i guess Heroin

From a French magazine in 2017:

"Two of the songs from the new album were composed while we were finalizing the previous one, I can't stop working, I love being in the studio, I feel good there."

url%5D

btw just thought i'd share - waitforlife on discord said malibu was like get free + melancholia

so like a rough demo with a somewhat similar instrumental but different lyrics. rough sounding

edit: i will pull up the screenshot if anyone wants it 😭i know how sceptical some of yall can be

i-have-no-kung-fu.jpg

LEAK ZODIAC

SHORT SUMMARY TIMELINE OF SOUND OF THE ALBUM

*2015*

before Honeymoon

-started working on new project

-Lust For Life and another track was made

*2016*

-early 2016-

-everything behind the scenes aligns that album could be ambienty space-y witchy 80s inspired

-mid 2016-

-more commercial tracks like Love or 13 Beaches was made as well as BAR

-recording two MV's

-before late Autumn some folk inspired tracks were recorded like Yosemite, Tomorrow Never Came

-Trump happening- (Winter 2016/early 2017)

-vision changed and Lana started recording political tracks

-beginning of mixing retro-futuristic flair (folk trap downtempos)

-hip-hop tracks was made as well

*2017*

-Winter-Spring 2017-

-album have shape and clear vision- more folkish and stripped down direction with some "poppier" elements

-G-Eazy happening-

-recording Cherry, In My Feelings and White Mustang

-Coachella added to album

-scrapping some tracks like BAR and Yosemite changing whole vibe

-changing production last minute

-Summer 2017-

-Change was recorded

ALBUM RELEASE

3 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

-early 2016-

-everything behind the scenes aligns that album could be ambienty space-y witchy 80s inspired

rip poetry in motion

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

19 minutes ago, spinmeround said:

btw just thought i'd share - waitforlife on discord said malibu was like get free + melancholia

so like a rough demo with a somewhat similar instrumental but different lyrics. rough sounding

edit: i will pull up the screenshot if anyone wants it 😭i know how sceptical some of yall can be

I mean I'm bot being skeptical but I'd just like the ss

2 minutes ago, ComebacktoCalifornia said:

I mean I'm bot being skeptical but I'd just like the ss

yeah im pretty sure they said it was laptop demo-esque like melancholia

even first album photoshoot (used in NME magazine) and daisies references are giving hipster energy hinting that album was meant even more folk

Could someone explain the witchy aesthetic/sound to me? Like what does that even mean? The older tracks and outtakes from the album strike me as being more sci-fi inspired more than anything.

Also where did the idea of the original LFL being witchy come from? I only ever started hearing that when Lana released the LFL album trailer. The album we know now as LFL was already completed by then so the purported concept change (based off the album trailer) doesn’t make sense to me.

3 minutes ago, cherryblossoms said:

Could someone explain the witchy aesthetic/sound to me? Like what does that even mean? The older tracks and outtakes from the album strike me as being more sci-fi inspired more than anything.

Also where did the idea of the original LFL being witchy come from? I only ever started hearing that when Lana released the LFL album trailer. The album we know now as LFL was already completed by then so the purported concept change (based off the album trailer) doesn’t make sense to me.

album trailer which don't really fits to album sound and songs like LFL 6 minute demo, Poetry in Motion, Heroin made in 2015

4 minutes ago, cherryblossoms said:

i think it's partially because of love demo having a horror-esque intro

12 minutes ago, cherryblossoms said:

It's just a nickname fans chose that lost its meaning :lel:

26 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

SHORT SUMMARY TIMELINE OF SOUND OF THE ALBUM

*2015*

before Honeymoon

-started working on new project

-Lust For Life and another track was made

*2016*

-early 2016-

-mid 2016-

-more commercial tracks like Love or 13 Beaches was made as well as BAR

-recording two MV's

-before late Autumn some folk inspired tracks were recorded like Yosemite, Tomorrow Never Came

-Trump happening- (Winter 2016/early 2017)

-vision changed and Lana started recording political tracks

-beginning of mixing retro-futuristic flair (folk trap downtempos)

-hip-hop tracks was made as well

*2017*

-Winter-Spring 2017-

-album have shape and clear vision- more folkish and stripped down direction with some "poppier" elements

-G-Eazy happening-

-recording Cherry, In My Feelings and White Mustang

-Coachella added to album

-scrapping some tracks like BAR and Yosemite changing whole vibe

-changing production last minute

-Summer 2017-

-Change was recorded

ALBUM RELEASE

Love was made in April 2016 if I'm not wrong, depends how do you count months as early or mid year

url%5D

I think that from September 2015 to March 2016, the songs recorded for the album were pretty much in the demo/unfinished stage, I think since April-July 2016 2016 things took bigger turn where she started finalizing some of the songs and after some time touring in July-August 2016 she started having more new ideas since the world "politically" started becoming heated and her uncle died. Then in Autumn 2016 she started recording some of the new stuff but then Trump became president the new ideas came and came and then in Spring 2017 she started dating G-Eazy which resulted more ideas lol. So the album is basically a pile of ideas and thoughts she went through post-Honeymoon.

url%5D

50 minutes ago, spinmeround said:

SO ITS IN CIRCULATION WE WOON:oprah4:

source.gif

Just now, ulttraviolenncee said:

SO ITS IN CIRCULATION WE WOON:oprah4:

no it's actually been split into two separate files for years now, one lies in carcase's files and the other in wait for life's
the only way we can hear it is if they both confess their love for each other and share the files to join and make one, both in their relationship and in the full version of malibu