Sign in to follow this  
Make me your Dream Life

Combine Parts of Lana Songs to Create Your Favorite Song

Title. Maybe it's the atmosphere of one track, with another's lyrical style. Or maybe have drums like _________. with the trip of Venice. 

If you were to describe your favorite Lana Del Rey song, what would it's components be? What would it have, what would it sound like?

Discuss. 

UV/Honeymoon

i've been waiting for this one...

to start, i want it to have a borderline off-putting strings intro like Thunder does
I'd want the first verse to be like Fine China (Patrick Warren edit) with just nice, soft piano

I'd want a beat drop for the chorus with Pink Champagne's really heavy, reverbed drums, and I'd also want Lana to belt on the beat drop like she does in Black Beauty or California
just an overall feeling of desperation or hopelessness
for the bridge, i think it should have a really frantic, electric guitar instrumental, similar to the bridge of Your Girl

for the lyrics in general, i love the imagery/aesthetic of Fine China and Violets For Roses

also the lyrics' melancholic tone of Pink Champagne, also a lot of metaphors/figurative language like Thunder/DYKTTATUOB
it should start out slow, and become faster by the bridge/final chorus/outro; right before the final chorus, i'd want a new instrument to come in like the guitar in DYKTTATUOB

lastly, for the outro, i'd want it to just be chaos and her completely letting go like in Black Bathing Suit or Living Legend before the song abruptly ends

i just need a "black beauty + thunder + fine china + pink champagne + your girl + california + violets for roses + dykttatuob + living legend + black bathing suit" baby

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

it would have a Candy Necklace type instrumental but more bombastic, it would be a song for all the sad bitches out there because i'm a sucker for that, and the songwriting would be on par with A&W.

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

Hear me out. A lot of imagery in ocean blvd portrays lana as this tragic deity, referencing lanas struggle with fame. I believe the instrumentation portrays this vision too, I would love if she really amped up this haunting jazzy vibe shes had. Think candy necklace, jon batiste interlude(yall sleep on this one) ocean blvd etc but more bombastic.

Then id match that vibe with the vocals of songs like pretty when you cry, dealer, nfr, sweet,  cola, and some of the trippy guitar vibes from songs like dark but just a game, west coast, shades of cool, venice bitch etc. Lana has the ability to transcend genres, i would love something heavy and soulful yet still beautiful and soft