Make me your Dream Life

Things On Your Watchlist?

I typically try not to binge watch unless I'm glued into a show/ set of movies. With the pacings of daily life and wanting to just get out of that scope to a broader view, or at least reminder that there's more to life than working away, I try to pace out things that I enjoy, and a good streaming sesh is one of those things.

What are some shows/ movies that are on your watchlist that you haven't gotten to/ finished yet? 

UV/Honeymoon

i started the crown like a year ago and I literally cannot finish it too long :')

also i started downton abbey like 2 years ago and at this point i give up. I went back into it several times and I've completely lost the plot. I couldn't tell you what happened last season for the life of me. It's like immediately after I finish a season, I forget all of it. All I know is that edith 

Spoiler

has a baby for some reason that resides with the farmer and she somehow sets the downton abbey on fire
I gave up on it partially because 1. matthew is dead 😭like huh what is mary supposed to do now 2. sybil is dead like huh she was my second fav sister 3. i cannot stand isobel crawley because I love the dowager and if i love the dowager i cannot love isobel crawley

also i've been wanting to watch clueless for so long but netflix decided to get rid of it argh

also i started watching anatomy of a fall and i just have a talent of not being able to finish things

i'm want to get into anime so bad. my friends love it and a lot of the shows seem to be very interesting, but i always start them and never return. if you guys have any recommendations, i would love to hear :aubrey:

violets in your eyes

18 hours ago, The Sun Also Rises said:

I have almost 800 films on my watch list on letterboxd :thumb3:

3 hours ago, Make me your Dream Life said:

how'd that even happen I think I only have like 6 I'm thinking of :hide:

I have 602 in mine :thumb3:

https://letterboxd.com/ChildOfTheMoon/watchlist/

3 hours ago, love divine said:

i'm want to get into anime so bad. my friends love it and a lot of the shows seem to be very interesting, but i always start them and never return. if you guys have any recommendations, i would love to hear :aubrey:

My all time fav is Given

It started as a manga series (which I have read fan translated versions of + currently own the first 4 official English translation volumes)

Its also got my all time favorite soundtrack which I also own on CD/Blu-ray

Other than that, the series Betrayal Knows My Name

11 hours ago, Make me your Dream Life said:

how'd that even happen I think I only have like 6 I'm thinking of :hide:

There are too many amazing films in the world to watch!! And I have to keep track of them somehow because otherwise I'll forget the non-English language titled ones :facepalm:

https://letterboxd.com/ellanorwatches/watchlist/

I think the top of my list right now though is: 

Movies

• Taste of Cherry (1997) 
  • Taxi Driver (1976) 
  • Kaagaz Ke Phool (1959) 

• Rear Window (1954) 

• Perfect Days (2023) 

• A Brighter Summer Day (1991) 

• There Will Be Blood (2007) 

• Wild Strawberries (1957) 

• The Apu Trilogy (1955 - 59) 

I'm currently watching

• Perriot le Fou (1965) 
  • The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (1964) 

It always takes me longer to watch subtitled films even though I love them because I can't watch them easily while eating for example because I'll miss stuff :pft:

I've kind of got out of the habit of watching TV shows buuuuut these are on my watchlist 

• Shōgun

• Fallout

• Monster (anime) 

8 hours ago, The Siren said:

Since I've been following you I've added even more films to my watchlist :godlaugh:

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

13 hours ago, ttulsa said:

also i started downton abbey like 2 years ago and at this point i give up. I went back into it several times and I've completely lost the plot.

I tried watching DA last year but I literally couldn't get into it but damn how I loved the aesthetic. I'm not the biggest fan of period dramas but if something sticks out, I've usually loved it and I thought that DA was the one. Maybe I need to try it again because it wasn't bad at all.

url%5D

42 minutes ago, The Sun Also Rises said:

There are too many amazing films in the world to watch!! And I have to keep track of them somehow because otherwise I'll forget the non-English language titled ones :facepalm:

https://letterboxd.com/ellanorwatches/watchlist/

I think the top of my list right now though is: 

Movies

• Taste of Cherry (1997) 
  • Taxi Driver (1976) 
  • Kaagaz Ke Phool (1959) 

• Rear Window (1954) 

• Perfect Days (2023) 

• A Brighter Summer Day (1991) 

• There Will Be Blood (2007) 

• Wild Strawberries (1957) 

• The Apu Trilogy (1955 - 59) 

I'm currently watching

• Perriot le Fou (1965) 
  • The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (1964) 

see i didn't even know that the site was even a thing. I was thinking of some movies/shows at the top of my head. 
I'm gonna start slow to figure out what I can manage and then probably look into this, that looks great thank you btw! 

UV/Honeymoon

since we're kinda on topic about period dramas, I'm not entirely sure what that fully entails, but Kirsten Dunst's Marie Antoinette. perfect. 

and I know it's a bit polarizing, at least at one point, but I really love Bridgerton. I know it's meant to be ironic and satirical at times, and the juxtaposition of their society, and pearl clutching in their world due to their basic desires, I think it's a great parallel to how these things still translate to people in the modern day. you just have to be open to observing the show's self-awareness 

third season's out in half a month 

UV/Honeymoon

6 hours ago, Make me your Dream Life said:

since we're kinda on topic about period dramas, I'm not entirely sure what that fully entails, but Kirsten Dunst's Marie Antoinette. perfect. 

and I know it's a bit polarizing, at least at one point, but I really love Bridgerton. I know it's meant to be ironic and satirical at times, and the juxtaposition of their society, and pearl clutching in their world due to their basic desires, I think it's a great parallel to how these things still translate to people in the modern day. you just have to be open to observing the show's self-awareness 

third season's out in half a month 

I tried so hard to get into bridgerton and i swear I don't know what is wrong with me I just don't like how fast paced it is but I tried so hard to get into it because I watched queen charlotte a bridgerton story and i enjoyed it (made me erupt in tears) I feel like the main characters for bridgerton aren't as likeable for me but I only watched the first episode I think

7 hours ago, Embach said:

I tried watching DA last year but I literally couldn't get into it but damn how I loved the aesthetic. I'm not the biggest fan of period dramas but if something sticks out, I've usually loved it and I thought that DA was the one. Maybe I need to try it again because it wasn't bad at all.

relatable 😭i feel like I'm kind of a shallow person cause I only like films when they are aesthetically pleasing. The amount of times I've rewatched the queen's gambit and little women 😂the shots are like ice cream for my eyes

and also downton abbey literally looks straight out of a fairytale and the hairstyles and the dresses and the lawn>>