rocknrollgroupie

Lana Del Rey and Quavo “Tough” - OUT NOW!

12 hours ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

Looking at the history of the Grammys, the only logical conclusion is that this award ceremony is illegitimate and being ran by 45 year old wine moms and 60 year old business executives trying to fit in with the times. The grammys are only as important as the attention people give them, and people really need to stop paying attention to these rigged nepo fart fests

100%. While the Oscars have managed to maintain some level of artistic integrity and credibility by continuously shunning cheap entertainment (popcorn flicks, Adam Sandler, Marvel, DC), the Grammys have been all-in on trash music for a good while.

The music industry and their advertisers, the media and the fashion machine will still find the Grammys relevant, of course. After all, it's a highly publicized event and a well-oiled machine that enough people tune into into (for the sheer spectacle of it, and to see their favorite artists perform), resulting in the sales of cars, perfume, whatever.

But they have NOWHERE near the repute of the Academy. Which still, after all these years, manages to give Best Picture to arthouse films like Moonlight or foreign masterpieces like Parasite that aren't even in the English language.

Personally, I'd rather Lana win an Oscar for Alice (if she goes there), or another movie later down the line. I'm absolutely fine with her never, ever winning a Grammy. Leave that to the Katie Fucking Perries of of the world.

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

100%. While the Oscars have managed to maintain a certain level of artistic integrity and credibility by continually avoiding cheap entertainment (blockbuster movies, Adam Sandler, Marvel, DC), the Grammys have been banking on trashy music for quite some time.

The music industry and its advertisers, the media and the hype machine will of course always find the Grammys relevant. After all, it is a highly publicized event and a well-oiled machine that enough people tune in (for the sheer spectacle and to see their favorite artists perform) that it translates into sales of cars, perfumes, etc.

But they do NOT have the same reputation as the Academy. The Academy, after all these years, still manages to award Best Picture to arthouse films like Moonlight or foreign masterpieces like Parasite that aren't even in English.

Personally, I'd rather Lana win an Oscar for Alice (if she gets it), or another movie later. I totally agree that she never, ever wins a Grammy. Leave that to the Katie Fucking Perries of the world.

what is it Alice please

23 minutes ago, JDaniel said:

what is it Alice please

In 2019, Lana said that she has written a song for a new Alice's Adventurea In Wonderland movie but we haven't heard nothing about the movie or song ever since

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

100%. While the Oscars have managed to maintain some level of artistic integrity and credibility by continuously shunning cheap entertainment (popcorn flicks, Adam Sandler, Marvel, DC), the Grammys have been all-in on trash music for a good while.

The music industry and their advertisers, the media and the fashion machine will still find the Grammys relevant, of course. After all, it's a highly publicized event and a well-oiled machine that enough people tune into into (for the sheer spectacle of it, and to see their favorite artists perform), resulting in the sales of cars, perfume, whatever.

But they have NOWHERE near the repute of the Academy. Which still, after all these years, manages to give Best Picture to arthouse films like Moonlight or foreign masterpieces like Parasite that aren't even in the English language.

Personally, I'd rather Lana win an Oscar for Alice (if she goes there), or another movie later down the line. I'm absolutely fine with her never, ever winning a Grammy. Leave that to the Katie Fucking Perries of of the world.

Period. I think that winning an Oscar would be more important for her career than the Grammys. While Oscars have had very disappointing snubs and even with Lana (looking at you Young & Beautiful, Big Eyes), I feel like she has higher chance winning that than a Grammy (like in the major nominations, like AOTY, SOTY, ROTY, usually the soundtrack Oscar winners have won the soundtrack Grammy as well). Grammys are MTV-level TikTok commercial joke, I can't take the voters seriously at all. For movies, Golden Globes or Critics Choice Awards share maybe that commercial/media appeal what Grammys have and even in those awards Lana has lost...

2.gif

14 minutes ago, Embach said:

In 2019, Lana said that she has written a song for a new Alice's Adventurea In Wonderland movie but we haven't heard nothing about the movie or song ever since

Period. I think that winning an Oscar would be more important for her career than the Grammys. While Oscars have had very disappointing snubs and even with Lana (looking at you Young & Beautiful, Big Eyes), I feel like she has higher chance winning that than a Grammy (like in the major nominations, like AOTY, SOTY, ROTY, usually the soundtrack Oscar winners have won the soundtrack Grammy as well). Grammys are MTV-level TikTok commercial joke, I can't take the voters seriously at all. For movies, Golden Globes or Critics Choice Awards share maybe that commercial/media appeal what Grammys have and even in those awards Lana has lost...

thank you for the clarification syr Alice but we are still very far from the Oscar with this unknown piece of an unknown film 
I fear that regardless of the extreme quality of his works, they are far too unpopular,

for various reasons that I would not post on this thread, to achieve a reward of this order

9 hours ago, Embach said:

I wish I could like/heart the comments on this forum. For months now, whenever I'm on my laptop, I'm getting an error message. Anyone else have this issue? 

But fully agree with you, especially the MTV-level TikTok joke.

The only thing with Y&B is that she lost the nomination on a technicality. The song needs to be written specifically for the film, not previously produced and repurposed, which was the case with Y&B.

It was just a Lana song that Baz L. chose for the film, and they rejigged it.

Tough (Channel Tres Remix)” debuts with 286K streams in it’s first day on Spotify. — “Tough” also received 852K (+18.5%) streams.

promo is promo mr Quavo

23 minutes ago, barttttender said:

I wish I could like/heart the comments on this forum. For months now, whenever I'm on my laptop, I'm getting an error message. Anyone else have this issue? 

But fully agree with you, especially the MTV-level TikTok joke.

The only thing with Y&B is that she lost the nomination on a technicality. The song needs to be written specifically for the film, not previously produced and repurposed, which was the case with Y&B.

It was just a Lana song that Baz L. chose for the film, and they rejigged it.

Maybe this tutorial can help you with the issue about liking posts!

But about Young & Beautiful, yeah that was the issue, sadly. The Frozen song won anyways that year, I don't think Y&B would've had a chance then because Let It Go was so hyped. :hillary:

2.gif