Elle

Tough - Merch & Media Drop

I asked her german store why they haven't shipped the vinyl even though I preordered it the day it came out and they answered:

Spoiler

Due to increased order volumes in recent weeks, there are currently delays in delivery.

We apologize for the inconvenience and will do our best to ship your order as soon as possible.

As soon as the goods are dispatched, you will receive a shipping confirmation by e-mail.

scream-at-ride-by-lana-del-rey-g6hzk2dd4

COLLECTORS ALERT!

I got my Tough vinyl today.

It appears there are TWO pressings. My copy has "Made in Mexico" printed on the shrinkwrap and it's definitely red vinyl.

So it seems there's an orange red version with Made in Germany stickers, and then a Made in Mexico pressing.

My copy came from the US store.

ARK70px.jpeg

(if you look close enough you'll see the Made in Mexico on the shrinkwrap... it's near Quavo's arm and armpit)

Edit: Lol I just ordered another copy from the UK store since those all seem to be the German pressings and yes I am that collector who collects variants of variants, sue me

Edited by rosemead ramada

22 hours ago, rosemead ramada said:

COLLECTORS ALERT!

I got my Tough vinyl today.

It appears there are TWO pressings. My copy has "Made in Mexico" printed on the shrinkwrap and it's definitely red vinyl.

So it seems there's an orange red version with Made in Germany stickers, and then a Made in Mexico pressing.

My copy came from the US store.

ARK70px.jpeg

(if you look close enough you'll see the Made in Mexico on the shrinkwrap... it's near Quavo's arm and armpit)

Edit: Lol I just ordered another copy from the UK store since those all seem to be the German pressings and yes I am that collector who collects variants of variants, sue me

Does anybody have both to compare in one photo? Thinking of ordering extra from the UK store just for the orange-y vibes:willcut:

Yesterday I finally got the shipping mail and my package just arrived. Yay finally.

Still I’m lowkey irritated about the late delivery, cause why should I pay high shipping when it comes late anyway and I could technically just go to the store the day it comes out and get it there (though I don’t think they get single vinyls, but y’all know what I mean). Like I get it can happen, but saying „yeah there were more orders than expected“ like it’s a PRE order? Work through the most earliest order first a than go on. 

Anyways, yay, but my vinyl has a kinda bad paint job, there’s those weird white spots. It looks actually worse irl, my camera can’t capture it that good. 

IMG-8640.jpg

IMG-8639.jpg

Did anyone also order from the Italian store? They still haven’t shipped my record …..

edit: it now says “available from September 25th” 😢

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

13.04.2018 | 04.06.2024

Progetto-senza-titolo.png

On 9/12/2024 at 1:22 PM, yourboy said:

Does anybody have both to compare in one photo? Thinking of ordering extra from the UK store just for the orange-y vibes:willcut:

I have both copies now. Here's a comparison:

UNP06F7.jpeg

l5vR6Rv.jpeg

The German one is definitely orange. As soon as I took it out of the sleeve I immediately thought "orange", unlike the Mexican pressing that I immediately thought of as "red".

It's not really that much of a color difference. They both also look a lot different depending on the light.

I'll retake a comparison photo tomorrow in natural daylight to see if that captures the difference any better

other differences:

-the center label on the Mexican is bigger

-the front and back covers are a lighter shade on the German one. the back images are cropped slightly differently

-the German one has a spine (there is no text on it though) but the Mexican one has a completely flat jacket

(also what are the chances I'm the only person in the world to have both these copies right now. how many people are crazy like me :lmao:)

I retook photos in natural daylight. It's still a bit hard for my phone to capture the true colors. The European pressing is definitely orange. The North American one, even in person, I would  sometimes call red, sometimes orange-red, sometimes red-orange. It's the black and blue vs white and gold dress but in vinyl :lmao:

Made in Germany is always on the left, Made in Mexico on the right

MABfic4.jpeg

8HYireT.jpeg

wWWXrhX.jpeg

1yxbsWK.jpeg

wz22QKe.jpeg

GfMv57Q.jpeg

N8qJ6LA.jpeg

And as I mentioned, the jackets are different thicknesses (German on bottom, Mexican on top)

GuFGR12.jpeg