Strangelove

LDR Songs That Would Benefit From A Complete Rework

2 minutes ago, pin up galore said:

I think Black Bathing Suit done more in the style of Ocean Blvd songs like A&W and Zodiac would make it a lot better :oprah3: maybe it could use a lil Jack still keeping the messy unhinged style ending but with better processed vocals and I think the weird drums could've been executed better than they are on BB :smile:

Now this is a slay. Much better then angels forever getting a rework to sound like boom like that (sorry strangelove but that had me cackling)

1- Kintsugi, just asking for vocals as clear as her vocals in hope is a dangerous….

2- taco truck x VB , ditch the VB part, and turn it into a full song

3- let me love you like a woman, bring it back to pink champagne 

4- Guns & roses, delete every line that says guns & roses, literally 30 seconds will remain 

5- cherry, add a new bridge of the “can I get a fucking hallelujah” part alone with nothing over it

6- The grants, delete the first 45 seconds, and replace the second “but” with “there’s always a but”

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, DinahLee said:

Some of these takes are bordering "She should cut Venice Bitch into 2:30, remove the electric guitars, replace them with piano chords and keep the trap beat only"

Fr. Tho i must ask… thoughts on angels forever with more Ultraviolence live esque production?

edit: or kill kill esque production? 

Edited by DemonMic2003

1 minute ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Fr. Tho i must ask… thoughts on angels forever with more Ultraviolence live esque production?

Usually I'd say 100% YES buuuuuuuuuuuuuut I do think Angels Forever is perfect with the etheral synth-pop vibes. Not every "Ultraviolence" rework... worked (namely: Driving In Cars With Boys). I sort of can imagine it going in a very ~Pink Champagne vibe though. 

Just now, DinahLee said:

Usually I'd say 100% YES buuuuuuuuuuuuuut I do think Angels Forever is perfect with the etheral synth-pop vibes. Not every "Ultraviolence" rework... worked (namely: Driving In Cars With Boys). I sort of can imagine it going in a very ~Pink Champagne vibe though. 

Oop ok, Fair enough. Tbh i changed my mind and now i kinda think it would sound best more something similiar to kill kill production wise

Starry Eyed - add a 2nd verse without the same lyrics of the 1st

Fine China - change the bridge for a less repetitive one

BPBP and TNC - take off the features and make them a Lana song (gladly we have BPBP demo)

Also make almost all of COCC and BB less bland or with more interesting lyrics and melodies

love her stuff, and yeah it might not be perfect or seem like it could be better, but I'd rather just accept things as they are. there's probably more room for her unreleased but aside from that, not stressing about it. i'll take the songs how they're meant to be heard in case it might mean something later on and it fits 

FSiy5w3.giftumblr_nv0881L0Od1s4fz4bo1_500.gifVvJr.gif

21 minutes ago, bia said:

Starry Eyed - add a 2nd verse without the same lyrics of the 1st

Fine China - change the bridge for a less repetitive one

BPBP and TNC - take off the features and make them a Lana song (gladly we have BPBP demo)

Also make almost all of COCC and BB less bland or with more interesting lyrics and melodies

Never realized this about Starry Eyed.

15 hours ago, shadesofblue said:

i just wish kintsugi and some of OB sounded less muffled

I've been saying this here about OB--the album--since its release; I'm glad you hear it the same way. Some or most members find its sound immaculate. Let The Light In is almost ruined by the muffled sound, and it's my favorite on the album which, admittedly, I don't care for much. 

I would nominate  HIAB, which I consider her worst released track; the 'happiness is a butterfly' part is beautiful and then all that rabbit in the alley **** and 'youhoo' stuff comes in and ruins the song completely. It sounds like two different songs badly mashed together, the second being a bomb. 

Most of Born To Die tbh. A lot of the production is too heavy in my opinion, and I would gravitate to the album a lot more if it was dialed back a bit. I’m not saying take the “pop” out of it, but just tone it down some. I especially hate the guy yelling “HEY” randomly throughout the album - it’s so unnecessary.

The last unicorn GIF on GIFER - by Thothis

Adine Kirnberg Regular

1 hour ago, Ice Cream Ice Queen said:

I especially hate the guy yelling “HEY” randomly throughout the album - it’s so unnecessary.

We all just subconsciously excepted it or tuned it out. At least it got put mainly on the poppier tracks. Imagine it on Video Games

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

20 hours ago, Strangelove said:

Released especially, but it could be unreleased.

My list:

1. Coachella WSITM (her worst song ever in my opinion). Make it a piano ballad maybe… whole song needs to be completely reimagined.

2. West Coast. Keep the drums and guitars throughout the entire song and ditch the melodramatic chorus. The song should sound similar to a generic 1980’s rock album song from the beginning, but, it doesn’t. Ditch the flushed out vocals and reverb. 
3. White Mustang. Ditch all the trap beats and keep it a classic ballad similar to Video Games.

4. Smarty. I don’t think the released version is bad but it sounds more like a parody of a song rather than a complete song. I think replacing the instrumentals with something more serious sounding like we hear in Poetry In Motion/Everything I Do/Heroin would suit the song. Maybe change some of the lyrics as well. 

5. Angels Forever, Forever Angels. I think the song falls flat on being ambient and serious somewhat. I think it would benefit from being turned into an electronic song similar to Brite Lites or Boom Like That because the chorus is seriously catchy. 

COACHELLA???? youre sick..... FAKE FAN LOCAL :pft2:

(joking ovi)

some of yall just dont understand or get certain songs, they are great songs yall just have something wrong in the brain that denies yall the ability to understand them :sadcore: