That Venice Bitch

Sources Say Biden to Drop Out of 2024 Race, DNC to Hold Open Convention

Didn’t a few thousand ppl write in Harambe during the 2016 election 💀

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

I guess anybody can vote for whoever they want, but just a reminder of how the last go around with Trump started and ended. This time will be a lot worse, because he knows the stakes are even higher.

Spoiler

wp-USAT-allthemoms-front1-7506-charlotte

Spoiler

us-news-capitol-riot-subpoenas-la.jpg

I know there are plenty of accelerationists on the left as well, but they're not the friends of anyone who is a minority, a woman, or basically any category that is not a Christian nationalist.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

23 minutes ago, Mer said:

Didn’t a few thousand ppl write in Harambe during the 2016 election 💀

For some of the younger people on here, here's some context for 2016 (my first election as a voter): Nobody thought Trump would win including Trump. Hillary was regularly beating him by 10-11 points in the polls and that was the worst result for a democrat against him. Bernie and Biden were beating him by Reagan margins. Also Hillary was doing everything in her power to lose despite being assured of her victory. (I briefly volunteered for her campaign. It is traumatic to me.) She spent all day left punching and press fighting as well as routinely saying out of touch stuff. Also for some stupid reason her staff negated one of her own strengths (in 08 she was able to pull massive crowds and nearly beat Obama in the primary) limiting her rallies to small auditoriums and gyms. This was only reversed near the end of the general election when it was far too late.  It was such a weird year to be alive and a young adult. It was the first truly crazy year. Naturally each year after was weirder.  Also: does anyone remember the killer clown thing from 2016? I'm glad it stopped but whatever was up with that.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

16 minutes ago, Liz Taylor Blues said:

For some of the younger people on here, here's some context for 2016 (my first election as a voter): Nobody thought Trump would win including Trump. Hillary was regularly beating him by 10-11 points in the polls and that was the worst result for a democrat against him. Bernie and Biden were beating him by Reagan margins.

this was the first election i was old enough to vote too. i'll never forget i took a government class in high school the year leading up to his election. My teacher would always say not to worry because there was no way the republican party would support him or anyone would take him seriously. I remember directly asking him towards the end of the year if trump could end up winning and he literally promised it would never happen. it's crazy how things change, the republican party has done a complete shift since 2016

492482-1.png

♡︎

1 hour ago, Dark Angel said:

well, it's either her or trump :brigitte: i know i've said before that i don't really have an issue with people voting for third-party candidates, but i also somewhat agree that you're somewhat throwing your vote away because there's no chance they're going to win, i agree that the two-party system isn't working and we should have more options, more options that could possibly win, but right now, in this current election that just isn't the case, i can promise you that trump will be way worse for trans people and black people than harris would be, and voting for jill stein is just wasting your vote, at the end of the day, she will be the democratic candidate, so she will most likely be like any other typical democratic candidate expressing more typical democratic values

also, it's not to say that we shouldn't be aware of her hurtful actions, and we have every reason to be suspicious of them and to not like them, but between her, and trump, i most certainly would pick her

Democrats have no values besides valuing power.

1 hour ago, That Venice Bitch said:

There’s also no such thing as throwing your vote away <3 

Bingo

35 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

I guess anybody can vote for whoever they want, but just a reminder of how the last go around with Trump started and ended. This time will be a lot worse, because he knows the stakes are even higher.

Hide contents

wp-USAT-allthemoms-front1-7506-charlotte

Reveal hidden contents

us-news-capitol-riot-subpoenas-la.jpg

I know there are plenty of accelerationists on the left as well, but they're not the friends of anyone who is a minority, a woman, or basically any category that is not a Christian nationalist.

Neo-Nazis have increased in voice, power, and visibility ever since Obama's defeat of Clinton in the Democratic primaries.

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, baddisease said:

imo if it gets to the point where they need a committee to watch over Biden's health, he isn't healthy enough to be in office.

Well, it's Biden's opinion vs. everyone else (aka, his own party; the reps don't really count). If he wanted to quell qualms about his being healthy enough to perform in office, he'd have to offer them an easy out, if he were (in actuality) not well enough. And a committee (or maybe just a rotating committee member, with body-camera gear that attends stuff, and gives the data, and reports, to the others) is easier than Biden running the "iron-man" triathalon, winning it, and then saying "there, you see I'm healthy enough to be in office". The other thing is, I can't see how replacing Biden with Harris (if that's the dem's intention) changes anything about the likelihood of Trump winning, given Harris is on the ticket anyway, and the power succession rules are reasonably predictable/reliable. But perhaps Harris should actively campaign more (for Biden) and just say that. Also if the dems want somebody other than Harris, they need to get behind a name with a clear set of policies really fast. As it is, Biden (and by extension Harris) is the only one with policies that I can live with. Biden might be the only candidate (at least, they have announced) with (sane) policies, simpliciter.