X8vinylScratchX

Horrible Music Thread

19 hours ago, longtimeman said:

I mean, come on! It's all the one chord! And there's not even any guitar or beats

The concept of a song all being one chord made me think… I remembered this deep cut, not a song made of one chord, but basically one note 😆

Sounds exactly as one would imagine:

TURN YOUR VOLUME DOWN

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

I’m sure there’s some artistic merit to this, but it’s definitely not a career highlight :bebe:

3 hours ago, Lasso said:

I'm ootl why's everyone hating Chappell so much, I thought she was like the next main pop girl:bebe:

no one hates her lol she’s very much in demand. my opinion is unpopular 🤷‍♀️ 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

10 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

you said it was out of tune when it’s not. It’s like saying the sky is green. I’m just saying reflect on why felt like saying something objectively false! Sometimes exploring why we feel a certain why about something (especially when what we feel doesn’t really correspond to the truth) can tell us a lot about ourselves 

I'll go on a voyage of self reflection when and if I want to but it's not gonna be over a comment about a really bad band

Sounds out of tune to me and that's final

:oopna2:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

2 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I'll go on a voyage of self reflection when and if I want to but it's not gonna be over a comment about a really bad band

Sounds out of tune to me and that's final

:oopna2:

well its a good thing youre not a musician then 

2 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

well its a good thing youre not a musician then 

Lucky you don't need to be a musician to have an opinion on music then, huh

Are you a PATD band member? 

Also what exactly is "haven't you people ever heard of closing the goddamn door?" in tune to? A dinner of tears?

The vocalist's voice breaks like Lana's iPhone in the middle of that line

Here's a song I happen to like (at least a fair amount) but remember discovering it, because 'Cracked Magazine' (something like that) said it would make my 'ears bleed' (something like that); actually google found the article (link below). So I'll post here, on Cracked Magazine's behalf. She's singing sort of like Sean Connery, with a kazoo accompaniment, either imitating a witch laughing or a dolphin (not sure which). She also plays the reverse race-card a bit, which I'm not sure is offensive or not (and well, we don't know of any other artist that ever does that, right?). At any rate Alanis seems not to like the song either, because she keeps it "out of print", which makes me feel    :^{

https://www.cracked.com/article_15826_six-musicians-with-pasts-they-hope-youll-forget.html

afterthoughts:
Maybe horrible in the thread title should be in quotation marks, "horrible". I like this thread, because when I see a song that I actually like mentioned (which, not counting LDR mentions, happens more than once), it reminds me how variable the interaction between music and people is, although I should remind people to say (and some do say) why they think it is "horrible"; that's just trigger-warning etiquette.

2 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Are you a PATD band member? 

Also what exactly is "haven't you people ever heard of closing the goddamn door?" in tune to? A dinner of tears?

The vocalist's voice breaks like Lana's iPhone in the middle of that line

out of tune means the notes do not follow standard 12-ET tuning and that is quite literally false. i played along to it on my piano and you can tell the notes are exactly the same. you must be seriously tone deaf (not an insult just an observation) to think otherwise. 

something being out of tune or not is not a matter of opinion but an objective reality. it's not up for debate or something that you "feel". 

8 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

out of tune means the notes do not follow standard 12-ET tuning and that is quite literally false. i played along to it on my piano and you can tell the notes are exactly the same. you must be seriously tone deaf (not an insult just an observation) to think otherwise. 

something being out of tune or not is not a matter of opinion but an objective reality. it's not up for debate or something that you "feel". 

I don't care I'm joining the Dharna Initiative and you can't STOP me!!!!

OK, i get the vibe this song is going for, but i absolutely cannot get past this zesty ass zip tie instrumental. Like wtf is that? It sounds like a elephant having intercourse in the ass :deadbanana:

I guess it does sound kind of uplifting, but it just makes me laugh

I’ve taken all the serious mostly agreeable contributions and i’ve amassed them into a playlist for anyones listening displeasure. Warning: going to bed with this playlist on may cause nightmares of the AJR brothers chasing you with their xylophones or whatever

2 minutes ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

I’ve taken all the serious mostly agreeable contributions and i’ve amassed them into a playlist for anyones listening displeasure. Warning: going to bed with this playlist on may cause nightmares of the AJR brothers chasing you with their xylophones or whatever

YEAH…

freddie-mercury-peut-%C3%AAtre.gif

IMG-3521.jpg