Sign in to follow this  
baddisease

The Unjustified Execution of Marcellus Williams (a few article links)

On September 24, a black man named Marcellus Williams is set to be executed in the State of Missouri. He was proven to be innocent (via the unreliable "witnesses" and the wrong DNA! His DNA was not there) but the white supremacist (in)justice system wants to kill (lynch) him anyway. Read these and sign the petitions to help him, please!

From the Intercept (the best article I've seen on it imo)

https://theintercept.com/2024/09/12/marcellus-williams-missouri-conviction-innocence/

Here's a link to the Innocence Project, who has ways to help!

https://innocenceproject.org/petitions/stop-the-execution-of-marcellus-williams-an-innocent-man/

giphy.gif

I saw a clip online of someone reacting to learning this saying that the police or something was trying to cover it up and how zero news media outlets were talking about it. 

Very distressing and upsetting, especially for his friends and family. 

I don't care if he's innocent or guilty, he doesn't deserve to die. And neither does anyone else.

There's something really wrong that capital punishment is still a thing in 2024.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

7 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I don't care if he's innocent or guilty, he doesn't deserve to die. And neither does anyone else.

There's something really wrong that capital punishment is still a thing in 2024.

Terrorists & Serial Killers? Yeah Kill Them.

IMG-3521.jpg

7 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Terrorists & Serial Killers? Yeah Kill Them.

I disagree; I don't think anyone has a right to take someone else's life (unless to defend themselves or others, under very narrow circumstances)

I do understand why people would look at terrorists and serial killers and think this, but human beings are imperfect and this idea that people can't change or improve is problematic to me

I'm not saying let them run loose on the streets or anything, because obviously such people need very intensive, prolonged help. Very possible that they also need to be under permanent supervision or restricted in terms of movement and interactions, but I don't agree with killing people.

Idk maybe this is an extreme view but this is how I feel

6 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I disagree; I don't think anyone has a right to take someone else's life (unless to defend themselves or others, under very narrow circumstances)

I do understand why people would look at terrorists and serial killers and think this, but human beings are imperfect and this idea that people can't change or improve is problematic to me

I'm not saying let them run loose on the streets or anything, because obviously such people need very intensive, prolonged help. Very possible that they also need to be under permanent supervision or restricted in terms of movement and interactions, but I don't agree with killing people.

Resources shouldn’t be Wasted on certain individuals who are actually Guilty of those heinous acts.

The Death Penalty is to try to discourage people from committing such acts.

And I’m sure the victims found them problematic aswell.

IMG-3521.jpg

Just now, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Resources shouldn’t be Wasted on certain individuals who are actually Guilty of those heinous acts.

But the death penalty actually costs more than keeping people incarcerated. It's actually really, really expensive to kill someone, considering all the appeals and so forth.

Also consider that in some cases - terrorists, in particular - WANT to die so they can be martyred.

Anyway I don't wanna argue too much because we are straying to the much broader topic, but I do understand your opinion, I just respectfully disagree :agree:

I agree with your last statement, @DeadSeaOfMercury, but overall I am against the death penalty bc our justice system is (and always will be) imperfect, and better to waste resources than execute the wrong person.  

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

17 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

How do you KNOW that they're guilty though? This entire system is built on the backs and blood of innocent people, esp people of color.

They've executed children to that end before. The death penalty needs to be abolished, bc even one innocent person wrongly executed is too many.

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

I would rather those kinds of criminals sit and rot in prison and suffer for all the lives they took. also like @Mer said, in the case that someone is wrongfully convicted, it would be awful to wrongfully give someone capitol punishment. I also agree with @Rorman Nockwell from a moral standpoint

1 hour ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

My opinion is that we should be better than the serial killers and terrorists, so it’s wrong to kill, but we are killing you? It’s double standards really.  I think we are still very backwards in terms of rehabilitation, as a society we are obsessed with punishment.  ‘It AcTs as a Detriment’ they say…not for seriously disturbed people and terrorists they seldom care about the aftermath/consequence’s .

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance