Elle

Lana Del Rey's wedding as she marries Jeremy Dufrene in Des Allemands, LA - September 26th, 2024

5 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Had she married handsome, worldly, dapper Francesco Carrozzini, I don't think we'd be having this conversation, we'd be saying, "Will Lana move to Italy?"  

Wait you spilled:nails:

18 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

I think it's because they're french, so the automatic translation messes up their quotes.

No—we know when we quote another here, it's automatic. Nothing changes unless the member goes in and changes it. Which is deception and can lead to all kinds of disagreements, misunderstandings, and anger here. 

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:

No, because of the man she married, who symbolizes and represents “the enemy” for many here. 

If she had married the handsome, worldly, dapper Francesco Carrozzini, I don't think we'd be having this conversation, we'd be saying, "Is Lana going to move to Italy?"  

totally false until   yesterday I was ready and I do them many times before to defend him on this site some even believed that I was Jeremy and I respected him

posted bullshit 3 years ago i could hear it we can all change

but republished as Lana's husband today a propaganda tick   is it insulting to her or is it what she is talking about

I'm going to log out, light a cigarette and touch grass and if the thread is still in shambles after three hours then it is not going to end well...Cig.gif

2.gif

36 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

It's fine to vent—within reason—but what world are members living in when half the citizens of the United States support Trump? That is a FACT.

So of course Lana, just like the rest of us here in the United States, are going to encounter them and find them among our family, friends, coworkers, neighbors, and wider community. And here, on this board. 

We know so little about Lana herself when it comes down to it—and many times less about her relationship with this man.

Maybe we'd prefer—superficially and stupidly—she marry someone like the dashing Francesco Carrozzini or Barrie-James, but she didn't. She married this gentleman and we can ultimately only wish her well.

From her songs, we know she is drawn to older men and knows about all kinds of abuse, so if he's abusive, she'll deal with it. She's got to be the one with all the power in the relationship. And her father, sister, and brother would object to her marrying this man if they thought he was absolutely some kind of a monster or closet monster.  

gentleman is a choice of word but I’ll let that slide for the moment. most of us have issues with his views and what he shared online, violence against trans people in particular, and supporting trump. the truth is Lana has never been truly involved in supporting the queer community, really any minority whatsoever, except the black community and that was only because it served her purpose because she was getting dragged left and right over Qftc so she posted that laughable pinky finger post and wrote textbook. I’m sorry to be so bitter over this but she truly is showing colours I do not like. And I’m saying this as a fan since 2012. I’ve always had the feeling Lana was a bit out of touch because of her privilege but it never really bothered me too much. Now it does and unfortunately I can’t help it. 

6 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

No—we know when we quote another here, it's automatic. Nothing changes unless the member goes in and changes it. Which is deception and can lead to all kinds of disagreements, misunderstandings, and anger here. 

when you have translate language turned on in your browser it edits the quote into your own language without you even doing anything- it happened to me before- so it might just be a mistake 

2 minutes ago, Embach said:

I'm going to log out, light a cigarette and touch grass and if the thread is still in shambles after three hours then it is not going to end well...Cig.gif

Lemme light up one of my Golds too.. cheers:smokes5:

3 hours ago, tombombadil01 said:

idk I’m sorry but this is downright delusion. Transphobia is not a fcking political view, excuse my French, y’all need to get that idea well drilled into your brains. It’s called human rights. The values Trump stands for are not just economical, they are human rights he openly stands against, and you can twist and turn it anyway you like it, whoever supports that is divisive, spiteful and problematic at some level, or willingly and naively ignorant at the very least . Associating with someone who hunts for sport, posts transphobic shi is NOT political, it’s inhumane. THAT is the difference. I hope this helps 

I agree 100% that man will be her disgrace. It’s funny how we used to laugh about Jack’s family in prison…at least he wasn’t a maniac trumpminion. I hope they divorce SOON. brigitte.gif

1 minute ago, dexter said:

when you have translate language turned on in your browser it edits the quote into your own language without you even doing anything- it happened to me before- so it might just be a mistake 

If it was automatically translated into French, why would it be posted here in English again? But thanks. 

I’m sorry but can this woman do anything? She got married and all I’m seeing is people here talking about abuse and how they hate her husband, and the only things I’ve seen online are invasive pap drone pics of her wedding and pregnancy speculations. Some people need to grow the fuck up

Edit - forgot to mention how many people wishing divorce on her too. Great! 

Just now, ultrangels said:

I agree 100% that man will be her disgrace. It’s funny how we used to laugh about Jack’s family in prison…at least he wasn’t a maniac trumpminion. I hope they divorce SOON. brigitte.gif

oh Jack was tonguing his cousins and showing his tiddies we were in heaven and did not know it :krylie:

1 minute ago, ultrangels said:

I agree 100% that this man will be her disgrace. Funny how Jack's family was made fun of in prison... at least he wasn't a Trump freak. I hope they get divorced SOON. brigitte.gif

I hope she doesn't divorce him if she loves him she has to live with him it's up to her to make him evolve

but what I'm afraid of is that she didn't need him to get very close to these

ideas

remember these messages to influential members of the fan base he is nice nia nia nia

4 minutes ago, LustForcocc said:

I’m sorry but can this woman do anything? She got married and all I’m seeing is people here talking about abuse and how they hate her husband, and the only things I’ve seen online are invasive pap drone pics of her wedding and pregnancy speculations. Some people need to grow the fuck up

Edit - forgot to mention how many people wishing divorce on her too. Great! 

I am not in that group. I support her marriage—about which we know little--as her choice—and wish her happiness. 

I was [only] saying that if it doesn't work out for whatever reason or reasons, she'd more than capable of extracting herself from the marriage. 

SHE GOT MARRIED??!?!?! IM SO HAPPY FOR HER <33

SOPHIE • ARCA • SKY FERREIRA • YEULE • CHARLI XCX • WILL TOLEDO • JAMIE STEWART • CHELSEA WOLFE • YUNG LEAN • ECCO2K • NATURAL SNOW BUILDINGS • EARTHEATER • FIONA APPLE • BJÖRK • ANNA VON HAUSSWOLFF • KRISTIN MICHAEL HAYTER • RICHARD D JAMES • DEADMAU5 • MICHAEL GIRA • LIZ PHAIR • LANA DEL REY • TINASHE • FKA TWIGS • DEATH GRIPS • SNOW STRIPPERS • A. G. COOK • ETHEL CAIN • NICOLE DOLLANGANGER • KATIE JANE GARSIDE • SHYGIRL • BABYMETAL • CARLY RAE JEPSEN • PERFUME • BEYONCÉ • MACHINE GIRL • KILL ALTERS • RINA SAWAYAMA • A$AP ROCKY • FRIENDZONE • JOANNA NEWSOM • JANE REMOVER • UBOA • KATE BUSH • SARAH BONITO • SLAYYYTER • AYESHA EROTICA • CAROLINE POLACHEK • KELELA • DEVONTÉ HYNES • WEYES BLOOD • JULIA HOLTER • COCTEAU TWINS • TORI AMOS • HANNAH DIAMOND • FLORENCE WELCH • GIA MARGRET • SKULLCRUSHER • DEFTONES • KESHA • LORDE • BONNIE MCKEE • COBRAH • GOODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR • YUNG SHERMAN • SEA OLEENA • POPPY • DEAN BLUNT • DEAR NORA • T.A.T.U. • NAMASENDA • POISON GIRLFRIEND • TOVE LO • ZHEANI • ORTIES • BLADEE • AESPA • BANKS • ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER • OTAY:ONII • TEAADORA • IMOGEN HEAP • ROSE MELBERG • 

32 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Why? She's is a super-professional, very intelligent, strong woman and individual. She's massively accomplished. 

And she's got all the worldly power and probably had him sign a pre-nup. She's got millions of dollars and homes all over the place—you think she can't leave him, go to her lawyer, start divorce proceedings, and move forward with her life, leaving him or any other man in her dust?

We know she's dealt with massive heartbreak and romantic disappointment in the past—it's one of her major themes. 

And as far as first actions taken, she can call her father, brother, and sister and they will drop everything and swoop in to do whatever needs to be done if she needs help or moral support and love. 

I know you know, but being intelligent, being strong, writing songs about it, having millions of dollars, having family to call, having a lawyer, etc doesn't guarantee someone's safety in an abusive relationship or guarantee they escape it. Saying "so if he is abusive, she will take care of it" is such a "eh, whatever" kind of thing to say. That said, he's made some things about him known, but not this, so let's not even suggest. 

19 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Jeremy expresses himself as he wishes. Just like you here.

Does he seem like a very “classy” individual? Should I expect him to be erudite, given what little I know – and what we know – about him? NO.

He most likely believes in what he supports, just as others vehemently believe in Kamala Harris and loudly support her. 

I don't care if he's a scholar or even if he votes for Trump.

you know very well that his current behavior is seriously harming Lana; that is what I deplore

2 minutes ago, JDaniel said:

I hope she doesn't divorce him if she loves him she has to live with him it's up to her to make him evolve

but what I'm afraid of is that she didn't need him to get very close to these

ideas

remember these messages to influential members of the fan base he is nice nia nia nia

Yesss I wish her the best always. I can only speak for what I’ve seen and doubt this man will be the one who can make her happy. Anyways let’s see.