Elle

Lana Del Rey's wedding as she marries Jeremy Dufrene in Des Allemands, LA - September 26th, 2024

On 9/30/2024 at 2:26 PM, J03 said:

The irony of saying this to then go on and unleash a litany of misogynistic terminology. For far too long gay men have used their relationship with women as an excuse to coin terms like bitch and Hoe for literally no reason. Because you don’t mean it in a violent or necessarily hateful context does not make the perpetuation of such terms any more acceptable. The fact that most of these gay men then say they love women, and spend half their day on the internet commenting on them makes it all the more concerning.  You’re not exclusive in this conversation, I have trans friends too, aside from the general transphobic slurs you’re complaining about, they’re also called a bitch, skank, whore etc on top of everything else they’re subject to. My trans friends can’t win. Attacked  by words calling them “not a woman”, and then attacked by words designed to dehumanise women. They literally can’t win, and this mindset that is somehow ok to use these words under the guise of flamboyance is helping to project misogyny unto lgbt individuals and they’re biggest ally’s alike. so how’s about taking a  step down from your ivory tower, having a good glimpse at the hypocrisy staring back at from your reflection and stop normalising hate speech in all its forms against people, just because you disagree with their life choices. Or is equality -in its truest sense applicable to all and every demographic imaginable - not actually all that important to you? 

you know what? I won’t argue with this because you’ve made a good point and since - as a non English native speaker - I’ve learned to use “btch” as a neutral word for both sexes I never gave it much of a thought when it came to using it. Having said that, I also have a question for you: do you really think that the whole conversation was about “disagreeing with life choices” ?  why did you feel the need to go into extreme details over the use of hate speech but didn’t really focus on the implication of suggesting that harming trans people could be seen as a “life choice”?  

7 hours ago, mermaid motel said:

So he has a Louisiana Cajun accent :smokes:

♬  ♥  .。.    .。.   ♥  ♬

There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs
And a fire that surrounds you

14 minutes ago, trust no terrence said:

What?

I know she had a insta post back in March with pics wearing a “J necklace”. Now I am not sure  if the image I shared was also posted back then or not? In the pic she doesnt seem to have the necklace and its a different hairstyle. That pic is on the only tiktok account followed by Jeremy showing Lana.. and again I dont recall seeing the pic before

Just my supposition. Its @kaylagregs. Still, its the only account showing Lana out of Jeremy’s following list :brows3:

30 minutes ago, ImTragic said:

I know she had a insta post back in March with pics wearing a “J necklace”. Now I am not sure  if the image I shared was also posted back then or not? In the pic she doesnt seem to have the necklace and its a different hairstyle. That pic is on the only tiktok account followed by Jeremy showing Lana.. and again I dont recall seeing the pic before

I guess someone edited the necklace out of that picture ... I saw it somewhere.. maybe reddit.. 

EDIT: This picture was posted by her make up artist on Instagram... it's still up

11 minutes ago, ImTragic said:

Just my supposition. Its @kaylagregs. Still, its the only account showing Lana out of Jeremy’s following list :brows3:

those are two different pictures. this one is the one on the profile picture:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3DuhlPvrGd/?igsh=djZmeWtuNnR5c25m

and this is the J necklace one:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4RJ5OAydAq/?igsh=MTRtaW01eXk2ZHhraQ==

keep in mind the J isn’t for jeremy because they hadn’t yet reconnected during this time. the reconnection happened in may. the j was most likely for jack donoghue who she took a picture with (the hands on her waist picture which was deleted) in march after the oscars afterparty. 

also lana never posted those pics on her account, u most likely saw them on her makeup artists page (the posts i shared). 

as for the tik tok account, it’s possible that it’s her alt but it could also be a fan, who knows

1 hour ago, tombombadil01 said:

you know what? I won’t argue with this because you’ve made a good point and since - as a non English native speaker - I’ve learned to use “btch” as a neutral word for both sexes I never gave it much of a thought when it came to using it. Having said that, I also have a question for you: do you really think that the whole conversation was about “disagreeing with life choices” ?  why did you feel the need to go into extreme details over the use of hate speech but didn’t really focus on the implication of suggesting that harming trans people could be seen as a “life choice”?  

well it is her life choice who she marries -  if she can reconcile his beliefs then that’s her decision, she knows him, we don’t. There a millions of reasons to marry someone and when you do you tend to be prepared to accept their flaws in addition to their positives. She could walk away from something she wants to do and a person she wants to commit to based on their beliefs and viewpoints that contradict her fanbase and upsets strangers on the internet or she can make this one decision based on what she wants for her own life irrespective of all the reasons somebody else would not. Trans lives matter and I understand your distress, however her marrying him isn’t confirmation that she thinks trans lives doesn’t matter. It just means she’s not going to base her future around campaigning that cause. You can’t expect her to walk away from what makes her happy to make other people happy. You cannot take this marriage as any comment on her political beliefs and you can’t be questioning her intelligence based on her partners lack of intelligence or empathy, to do so in itself is inherently misogynistic. She’s one of the most articulate women in her industry and she conveys the messages she wants hearing through her art. For decades now women in the media have been unfairly ridiculed based on their partners actions and that’s not acceptable, why erase Lana’s demonstrated kindness towards people of all backgrounds solely based on someone else’s social media posts? Both you, I and pretty much everyone on the planet will know people who will disagree with the trans movement, or would support trump for their own reasons correct or otherwise, publicly or privately, it would be completely unfair if we were then judged and vilified for those associations. I don’t think the kind of behaviour you’ve demonstrated is rational nor acceptable. If you saw Lana, or any other woman walking down the street, would you approach and call them dumb or a bitch for the reasons you’ve done so on the internet? You wouldn’t, because it’s a form of harassment irl, it goes against what is for the most part deemed as acceptable, decent behaviour from grown adults. You have every right to protest, you have every right to challenge ignorance. But she has said and done nothing that can be physically challenged. Sure she could give a platform to these opinions by mentioning them when the wider public are unaware of them, but why would she shine her light on that darkness when she’s never once implied that she thinks that way, and doesn’t want to invite that negativity under her posts where her fans from all backgrounds will be targeted? She’s chosen her husband, she’s not shoving him in anyone’s face, she’s not echoing his sentiments, and she’s doing the right thing by not given notions like that a voice. 

also, has it ever occurred to anybody that most anti trans bigots use “violence against women” as one of their biggest supporting arguments. To speak with the sort of disgusting vitriol you’ve used in your posts only fuels that narrative. We’re seeing it under Lana’s posted we’re seeing it under JKR’s posts. We are not seeing that level of hatred, worded so explicitly to anti trans men in the public eye. Where are the comments under Jeremy’s profile calling him a bitch? Where are the comments under Lawrence Fox’s posts telling him he’s fucking dumb? It’s always different when it’s women. 

19 minutes ago, drugsdesire said:

those are two different pictures. this one is the one on the profile picture:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3DuhlPvrGd/?igsh=djZmeWtuNnR5c25m

and this is the J necklace one:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4RJ5OAydAq/?igsh=MTRtaW01eXk2ZHhraQ==

keep in mind the J isn’t for jeremy because they hadn’t yet reconnected during this time. the reconnection happened in may. the j was most likely for jack donoghue who she took a picture with (the hands on her waist picture which was deleted) in march after the oscars afterparty. 

What if the J is for Jimmy? What then