Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Guest Dot

I don't like the Endless Summer Tour poster. I mean the picture of her (and Courtney) are great, but the colors are kinda tacky

This! But tbqh it matches all the other posters and designs (officially released ones) we got this era. They were all cheap and tacky. I mean look at all the great shots she did with Neil....they were all wasted for magazines or never really saw the light of day. They could have used basically instead of the crappy shots used for the album. I mean the lighting on the album cover is so bad that you can't even see her beautiful eyes...

Sorry for this rant but now that we have an "anti-bullying policy" on this board I will not repress myself any longer. :bye3: :hairflip:

Anyway...I'm not sure if I said that already in this thread but I think that Yayo was misplaced on Paradise. I don't hate that version but the song grew old very fast in my opinion and it bores me a lot now. I think that it would've been perfect if she had redone it for Ultraviolence similar to the rock version she performed at the Cutting Room. Man that version had got to be the BEST version of this song!

Guest Dot

I think Big Eyes is incredibly boring, and think I Can Fly is a master piece.

I love Prom Song.

I heart you! <3

I really love Young Ruffian's Remix of Once Upon A Dream alot more than Lana's version tbh.    :rollin:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I don't think I've posted in this topic, but I finally will. Here's my unpopular opinion: I can't stand the song "Carmen." When I was watching the video of her performance at the iTunes Festival 2 years ago, at one point she was trying to decide what song to do next, and she almost did "Carmen" but then decided to do "Radio" instead. I'm so glad she didn't do "Carmen!"

I hate Young& Beautiful. Million Dollar Man along with Flipside are her best songs ever. I wish she would ditch the whole cinematic sound with strings and shit and go full grunge/acoustic. I love Guns &Roses so much. She should use her high register more. Dark Paradise is a piece of shit and so is This Is What Makes Us Girls ( album version). I want Lana to go back to her trailer trash look. Her home-made MVs really are her best work. I wish she would go back to the simplicity of Sirens in terms of lyrics. Serial Killer is awful. I hate the National Anthem demo(s). Ultraviolence is one of her most sonically interesting songs ever ( the random sample of FMWUTTT during the last chorus always gets me).

Unpopular opinions:

Ultraviolence is Lana's most accomplished album to date. Lana Del Ray is probably my second favourite, but if it did get a re-release the reaction would be pretty lukewarm. Born To Die has some great songs, but I mean whoever selected those twelve songs out of all the unreleased candidates is a fucking idiot

You Can Be The Boss would have made a STELLAR single.

Driving In Cars With Boys is FAR superior to the essence of trite that is Dark Paradise, I mean seriously that could pass for a Lady GaGa song... A SUB-PAR LADY GAGA SONG.

:hooker:

Most Lana Del Rey fans are idiots. Like really, the way those pathetic brain dead 12 year old emo wannabes attacked Tim Jonze on twitter and Instagram gave me a disturbing foresight into how easily a communist government could contain our society. People need to start trying to think for their fucking selves, for an intelligent species we sure do act an awful lot like sheep.

200_s.gif

Come to think of it Lana was pretty childish in responding to Tim as well, she was clearly being quite genuine in that interview, granted she had just completed a record and was probably prepping herself for critical panning at the time, so I can understand her bad mood, but she should have owned up and admitted that what she said she said out of anger and frustration, instead of lashing out at some measly gay journalist that was simply doing his job. Honestly she deserved his comeback 'cause she was being utterly childish. Like bitch, you KNOW you're lying, you KNOW he's got that shit on tape, and you KNOW it's far worse for your reputation to be caught lying than it is to be seen as suicidal, and yet you think it's a brilliant idea to challenge this guy?

kermit-d-naija-frog-meme-generator-no-pl

Lana is extremely talented and a great musician, but it's clear she's quite spoilt. Like sometimes people leave innocent bits of constructive criticism in her you tube comments and she responds with the most bitter, resentful shit she can come up with. TO HER FUCKING FANS. That impatient girl waiting for tropico probably didn't buy Ultraviolence, who knows if she didn't kill herself after that shit with Lana psycho bitch Del Rey?

That's not to say Lana can't be sweet as fuck, but yeah when she gets irate she's a total irrational bitch.

Also I hate it when people call Lana a bitch, so disrespectful :troll:

Lana's current hairstyle is beautiful, I prefer it to the auburn tbh. Plus now she's gained weight auburn would just look weird, the black at least makes her look a little slimmer.

Honestly the Azealia Banks friendship seems fake as fuck to me. I get that they respect each other as musicians but I feel like Lana probably just feels pressured to talk about Azealia 'cause that girl acts like a total mega fan. Maybe there's more to it then that, but really I think Lana's just scared to get on Azealia's bad side.

That being said if they're gonna play pretend friends I would just ADORE a collab between the two, I just feel like their aesthetic visions would work great together.

Further evidence that Lana fans are idiots:

Those of you hating on the lyrical and melodic MASTERPIECE that is Y&B

:wtf:

Damn this tea good :godlaugh:

Unpopular opinions:

Honestly the Azealia Banks friendship seems fake as fuck to me. I get that they respect each other as musicians but I feel like Lana probably just feels pressured to talk about Azealia 'cause that girl acts like a total mega fan. Maybe there's more to it then that, but really I think Lana's just scared to get on Azealia's bad side.

That being said if they're gonna play pretend friends I would just ADORE a collab between the two, I just feel like their aesthetic visions would work great together.

I think they're actually friends, not the kind that speak everyday and share everything but more like they're friendly and share similar opinions.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1