RileyThomas

Ellie Goulding

Sis even I can say that her voice is like monotone as fuck.. at least on her albums

I thought he was commenting on her range alone. Her vocal inflection/tone isn't the most flexible, but not awful. Her vocal flexibility was highlighted the most in the backing vocals throughout Halcyon, though. She's capable of delivering above-and-beyond vocals (Explosions backing vox, All I Need from the Live Lounge).

I still wouldn't say she's any better/worse than most pop artists, though.

MkWI4Ns.png

I thought he was commenting on her range alone. Her vocal inflection/tone isn't the most flexible, but not awful. Her vocal flexibility was highlighted the most in the backing vocals throughout Halcyon, though. She's capable of delivering above-and-beyond vocals (Explosions backing vox, All I Need from the Live Lounge).

I still wouldn't say she's any better/worse than most pop artists, though.

No she definitely has a good range, but that doesn't make up for the fact she's not a good live vocalist

It's just that airiness in her voice that's really grating half the time because it makes her sound idk...warbled. I think I'd genuinely like her if she delivered a strong vocal

BzhmW.png

No she definitely has a good range, but that doesn't make up for the fact she's not a good live vocalist

It's just that airiness in her voice that's really grating half the time because it makes her sound idk...warbled. I think I'd genuinely like her if she delivered a strong vocal

I can see where you're coming from with the live vocalist thing. She's getting better, but sometimes she gets too overwhelmed moving/bouncing/swinging hair/whatever and her vocals tend to suffer. Early performances were kind of rough, but I mean, so were a lot of artists' first few years of performance. (We are on a LDR forum after all and Lana's the current queen of live transformation.) 

Her airy timbre is just something people love or people hate; it's just her staple selling point. Doesn't help that the vocal production on Lights and Bright Lights makes her voice sound different than what it naturally does, though. I've noticed as time goes on, her producers have touched her voice less and less. Compare a song like Outside to a song like Starry Eyed, and you can hear a slight but noticeable difference.

--

The album will be titled 'Delirium' and will be released in November. Prepare yourselves for the slayage.

https://instagram.com/p/7s4YkVzfbm/?taken-by=elliegoulding

MkWI4Ns.png

Pre-order Delirium on iTunes!

cover1400x1400.jpeg

22 tracks on the deluxe!

1. Intro (Delirium)
  2. Aftertaste
  3. Something In The Way You Move
  4. Keep On Dancin'
  5. On My Mind
  6. Around U
  7. Codes
  8. Holding On For Life
  9. Love Me Like You Do
  10. Don't Need Nobody
  11. Don't Panic
  12. We Can't Move To This
  13. Army
  14. Lost And Found
  15. Devotion
  16. Scream It Out
  17. The Greatest
  18. I Do What I Love
  19. Paradise
  20. Winner
  21. Heal
  22. Outside (Calvin Harris)

22 TRACKS OMFG :defeated:

On My Mind is so damm fresh ugh. I love the spice-up lyrically -- I can see where people see the Taylor Swift comparison. And I love the shots fired back @EdSheeran :creep:

MkWI4Ns.png