Sign in to follow this  
TIARNZUS

Princess Diana

i hate authority in general but i think a monarchy is really taking the rise. i think that everyone should have a chance to rule a country and i'd much prefer a presidential system. these royal people do fuck all (barr diana) and yet people worship them and it's unfair because they're actually born into it and it doesn't give anyone a chance. 

Ah, thank you for stating your opinion.  :flutter: 

I really disagree though. The royals do quite a lot. People seem to forget that the Queen is 86 years old! And she works her little arse off. I love the Royals. I'd much rather have them than a bloody president. We'd lose so much tourism without them

20r46kx.jpg

I really disagree though. The royals do quite a lot. People seem to forget that the Queen is 86 years old! And she works her little arse off. I love the Royals. I'd much rather have them than a bloody president. We'd lose so much tourism without them

not true, people come to see buckingham palace, not the actual royals. and they don't really, because if they really cared about our shithole of a country, they'd actually give the REAL people some money and sell off their damn possessions. i don't give a damn how old she is, 86 isn't even massively old, my grandma died at 96 and she helped people out her whole life but she wasn't a royal. 

4r9w86.jpg

Apart from visiting places, what does she do? Jw..

Having a president and a democracy would be fairer. Countries are based off a hierarchy whenever there is a monarchy so it's not fair for anyone..

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

not true, people come to see buckingham palace, not the actual royals. and they don't really, because if they really cared about our shithole of a country, they'd actually give the REAL people some money and sell off their damn possessions. i don't give a damn how old she is, 86 isn't even massively old, my grandma died at 96 and she helped people out her whole life but she wasn't a royal. 

Are you serious? People come to see Buckingham Palace because of the royal history. There's huge worldwide public interest in our Royal Family.

From your response, you seem a bit ignorant on this matter.

The Royal Family are the Royal Family of the whole UK and other countries too (the commonwealth)... not just this 'shithole of a country'.

No disrespect or offense intended to your Grandma, but at 86 years old did your Grandma do as much stuff as the Queen does? Look at this website to get a glimpse at what she does every day.

Also, the Queen is exempt from paying tax but she voluntarily pays them anyway which is commendable.

Apart from visiting places, what does she do? Jw..

Visiting places? It's not as simple as that. Read my reply to Crystal Castles ^^

20r46kx.jpg

The Queen of The United Kingdom Great Britain and Northern Ireland has a similar role to the US President;

She is head of the armed forces,
She is head of the Church of England,
She guides and advises the PM (Government),
She has the power to close Parliament if she needs to,
All laws have to go through her,
She represents the nation and entertains foreign heads of state.

The President is really just an overseer the same as the Queen as he"cannot directly introduce legislation", it is the government under him that has the power.

She is actually Queen of :
England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, The Channel Islands, The Isle of Mann, Anguilla, Bermuda, British Antarctic Territory, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Montserrat, Pitcairn Islands, Saint Helena, Ascension, Tristan da Cunha, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, Sovereign Base Areas of Akrotiri and Dhekelia, Turks and Caicos Islands, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Jamaica, Barbados, the Bahamas, Grenada, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands, Tuvalu, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Belize, Antigua and Barbuda, and Saint Kitts and Nevis.

So she is pretty busy most of the time.

VyIsfwC.jpg

Are you serious? People come to see Buckingham Palace because of the royal history. There's huge worldwide public interest in our Royal Family.

From your response, you seem a bit ignorant on this matter.

The Royal Family are the Royal Family of the whole UK and other countries too (the commonwealth)... not just this 'shithole of a country'.

No disrespect or offense intended to your Grandma, but at 86 years old did your Grandma do as much stuff as the Queen does? Look at this website to get a glimpse at what she does every day.

Also, the Queen is exempt from paying tax but she voluntarily pays them anyway which is commendable.

Visiting places? It's not as simple as that. Read my reply to Crystal Castles ^^

i said from the off that i don't like authority and you asked for my opinion so there's no point in calling me ignorant. i respect what they do, however i don't think we should have a monarchy and i don't care what anyone says to me, that's my opinion and it always has been, simple as. and you know what? if my grandma had the amount of money that that old crow has, she would of done more than the queen, but my grandma taught me how to be the person i am today, she taught me to cook, stand up for myself and to care about people - i'm sure the queen's not as close to her 'perfect' family as my grandma was to hers. this country IS a shithole - not the landscape, but we're in financial shit. 

4r9w86.jpg

i said from the off that i don't like authority and you asked for my opinion so there's no point in calling me ignorant. i respect what they do, however i don't think we should have a monarchy and i don't care what anyone says to me, that's my opinion and it always has been, simple as. and you know what? if my grandma had the amount of money that that old crow has, she would of done more than the queen, but my grandma taught me how to be the person i am today, she taught me to cook, stand up for myself and to care about people - i'm sure the queen's not as close to her 'perfect' family as my grandma was to hers. this country IS a shithole - not the landscape, but we're in financial shit. 

Firstly, please don't call her an 'old crow' that is so disrespectful. And before you say anything, I'm not saying it's disrespectful purely because she's the Queen, I'm saying it's disrespectful in general.

'i respect what they do' yet this morning you slated them for doing 'fuck all'? Now you're just contradicting yourself.

Sorry, I'm sure your Grandma was an absolutely lovely woman and I'm sure she would have helped a lot of people if she had the same amount of money but there's absolutely no chance that she would have 'done more' than the Queen.

I respected your opinion, I even thanked you for stating it. I was just correcting some stuff you said that I believed to be wrong.

I'm done. Sorry

20r46kx.jpg

Firstly, please don't call her an 'old crow' that is so disrespectful. And before you say anything, I'm not saying it's disrespectful purely because she's the Queen, I'm saying it's disrespectful in general.

'i respect what they do' yet this morning you slated them for doing 'fuck all'? Now you're just contradicting yourself.

Sorry, I'm sure your Grandma was an absolutely lovely woman and I'm sure she would have helped a lot of people if she had the same amount of money but there's absolutely no chance that she would have 'done more' than the Queen.

I respected your opinion, I even thanked you for stating it. I was just correcting some stuff you said that I believed to be wrong.

I'm done. Sorry

we're not in the days where we get shot/hanged/whatever for disagreeing with the royals, i can say what i like about her (and anyone else for that matter). it's good that they do stuff for charity, but in no way does that make them heroes. you can't correct an opinion, it doesn't work that away. you have yours, i have mine, end of. 

4r9w86.jpg

we're not in the days where we get shot/hanged/whatever for disagreeing with the royals, i can say what i like about her (and anyone else for that matter). it's good that they do stuff for charity, but in no way does that make them heroes. you can't correct an opinion, it doesn't work that away. you have yours, i have mine, end of. 

Nobody is saying that they are heroes.

I can correct your opinion because your opinion that the Royal Family do fuck all is incorrect. That is a fact. So, it does work that way.

20r46kx.jpg

Nobody is saying that they are heroes.

I can correct your opinion because your opinion that the Royal Family do fuck all is incorrect. That is a fact. So, it does work that way.

oh lord. people act as if they're the most amazing people on the planet, the reality is is that they aren't. i said i respected diana from the off, i have nothing against her, i believe she was a good role model for the rest of the family. and i thought you were 'so done' anyway? 

4r9w86.jpg

oh lord. people act as if they're the most amazing people on the planet, the reality is is that they aren't. i said i respected diana from the off, i have nothing against her, i believe she was a good role model for the rest of the family. and i thought you were 'so done' anyway? 

See, there's nothing in that quote that I can argue with. That's your opinion and I respect that. So, if you hadn't said 'royal people do fuck all' in your original post, this argument or whatever wouldn't have happened.

Yeah, I did say I was done but I couldn't not reply. I am done now though.

20r46kx.jpg

theres a really good documentary called Unlawful Killing, which investigates this in greater detail. It was premiered at Cannes in 2011, and its definitely worth a watch