teethclick

Björk

what do you guys think the colors for this era will be? I know she mentioned something about making a "red" album after Vulnicura but I don't think this album will be red based on what we've heard more recently. I'm thinking more of a green or light blue or even silver ???? Im not sure until I hear the actual music

and how many songs do you think there will be on the album? I hope there will be 10-12 but I would be happy with 9 like Vulnicura. I almost don't want a longer track list like Medulla because I prefer shorter, more concise albums.

what do you guys think the colors for this era will be? I know she mentioned something about making a "red" album after Vulnicura but I don't think this album will be red based on what we've heard more recently. I'm thinking more of a green or light blue or even silver ???? Im not sure until I hear the actual music

and how many songs do you think there will be on the album? I hope there will be 10-12 but I would be happy with 9 like Vulnicura. I almost don't want a longer track list like Medulla because I prefer shorter, more concise albums.

probably a rainbow

or wine red, day glo pink and cyan shades. and some holographic

I know Black Lake was 10 minutes long but I don't want another 9 song album. That's not an album to me. You need at least 10 songs! :rip: Björk has never been the type to make long albums though, so I'd be glad with 10-12 tracks but I'm hoping for a few more this time.

Imagining an ending to this album as beautiful & light & airy as Unison... :flutter:

14417469274.gif

I don't really care how many songs there are as long as they're fucking good.

I doubt there'd be less than Vulnicura, though - she seems to be in a much better place right now and considering the speed at which she is releasing this album I think she's been quite inspired.

I don't really care how many songs there are as long as they're fucking good.

I doubt there'd be less than Vulnicura, though - she seems to be in a much better place right now and considering the speed at which she is releasing this album I think she's been quite inspired.

i'd second this.

plus, she's been quoted as having said she constructed this album in a way that seems as if she's falling in love.

it's her "tindr album," as in, it is her dating album. i think there will be more to unpack here than in vulnicura.

tumblr_p615xzBWT11x3xtvio2_500.gif?w=670

I haven't really been friends with 6 to 10-minute songs before but I love the ones on Vulnicura so much that for once I'm actually here for them. And I'm happy with the number of tracks being around 9-10, obviously wouldn't mind if the record had even more. Vulnicura length is pretty good.
Rather than focusing on the word Tinder like many others and the media especially, personally I find the concept of search for utopia a lot more intriguing. The record's not just about falling in love again and finding the right person, it seems like it's a lot more multi-layered than that and that's what I'm more interested in, rather than thinking of this album being just a "dating" one which in her case is somewhat an underestimating word in my opinion. I'm very interested in seeing how she manages to put all these multi-layered themes and metaphors together in the lyrics when in her words, "in this album the words are secondary".

q: what i took with me from the first impression is that this time there are wind, flutes, harp and voices.

a: yes, the idea behind it is to sit in the clouds and design a world. so there is a lot of wind and air around you. however, there are hardly any elements that are ground-connected. sufficient for what is, is about the courage to imagine what could be. how would one wish the world in which one wanted to live? on the other hand, i also amused myself in the texts about the idea of ​​a utopias. how do you think it would be better? why does everything have to be new? however, in the time of trump utopia is also a necessity. we must develop an idea of ​​how we want to live in the 21st century, and we can not hope for our governments. we must muster the courage to imagine something great.

I'm so in love with the part "the idea behind it is to sit in the clouds and design a world - so there is a lot of wind and air around you". With the bird songs also appearing between tracks, I'm looking very much forward to seeing what kind of a soundscape she and Arca have created. With the direction being something like Batabid - which I love - and Ambergris March like mentioned in the Dazed issue, it'll also be interesting what kind of a track the one produced by Rabit will be, as it's been described to provide "a crushing jackhammer rhytm". I could imagine it being one with those more cynical lyrics about utopia and the longing for it, but we'll see!

Do you think we could get the video for The Gate shortly after the premiere and the release of the track? To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if they procrastinated with it for some time before putting it up online...  :toofunny:

The Gate vinyl single in process! Can't wait to hear the track and especially can't wait to get my vinyl  :defeated:

Some people on 4um have been analyzing that the song could be a long one by the look of the vinyl, and apparently Andrew also commented on Instagram that the video will definitely be online soon!  :icant:

8ZDfI9V.png

Y3jyrCF.png

Do you think we could get the video for The Gate shortly after the premiere and the release of the track? To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if they procrastinated with it for some time before putting it up online...  :toofunny:

yes, i think andrew thomas huang said it on insta. prob by monday

Song leaked

For once it didn't actually leak, it was released on iTunes in AU/NZ at midnight their time. I've given it a few listens and I really like the second half more than the first.

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

EcFYZPD.png

Lyrics

my healed chest wound

transformed into a gate
where i receive love from
where i give love from
where i receive love from
where i give love from

and i care for you
care for you
i care for you
care for you
care for you
care for you
i care for you
care for you

split into many parts
splattered light beams into prisms
that will reunite if you
care for me
care for me
if you care for me
care for me
care for me
and then i'll care for you
care for you
i care for you
care for you
i care for you
care for you
care for you
care for you

didn't use to be so needy
just more broken than normal
proud self-sufficiency
my silhouette is oval
it is a gate i can
care for you
care for you from

i can care for you
care for you
i care for you
care for you
i care for you
care for you
i care for you
care for you

you care for me
care for me
care for you

Currently listening for the second third time, this time with my headphones on. It's definitely something else entirely, I wasn't really expecting a choir on this one and when the woodwinds first hit I thought they were a bit funny. But I just love the light beats and the other effects as well. The lyrics are also nice, maybe a bit too repetitive for almost a 7-minute song but I'm loving how they're sort of a direct continuation to Vulnicura with the wound references, so I guess this one will be the one to open the new record. The song is definitely light and I think it's a grower. The bashing on 4um is totally unnecessary in my opinion, but I have to admit that I also like the second part of the song more.