Sign in to follow this  
VanillaNasty

Lana and drinking.

Hey all, I was reading up on Lana after getting into her music a few months ago and saw she struggled with alcohol dependency. It really got to me, as I too have struggled on and off with an addiction to alcohol. I've had a drink a day for the past 7 years, and I thought I was being so cool by doing so. However, I think I've finally moved on. It's now been two months since my last drink and honestly her music helps me get through the urges. I wasn't sure where to post this, but I've made my own rendition of her "Young And Beautiful" track to pay tribute to her. I hope to one day meet her in person to thank her, and maybe even work with her musically. Has anyone else here been affected by an alcohol addiction, and has Lana's music helped anyone else get through it? Please share your experiences!

Here is the track, I hope I've done it justice.

youtube.com/watch?v=CX7OnZklTm0

That's great I'm sure she'd love your story :) Well she allegedly started drinking at age 14 and was sent to boarding school at age 15 to straighten out, then she went to self help groups when she was back in New York. You'll find a lot of her lyrics have connotations to drinking etc.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

that's really lovely

i've always loved lana's story

she actually claims drinking as her real first love

it's amazing that she got the courage to get help

hope all goes well for you xx

tumblr_mnotclIc9L1s7mwiio4_500.gif

It's good to hear her music is helping you through your struggles. Stay strong and keep up what you've been able to maintain those past two months. I hope that very soon, you will be able to share your story with her personally, I dearly wish it to you! :) 

aw bless you, you're so strong for admitting that you've had a problem. i'm really pleased that you're pulling through and that you've found somebody (lana) who's had the same experience. i hope it all goes well for you, if you're going to one of her gigs, you should write her a letter and tell her! 

4r9w86.jpg

I average at least 2-3 drinks per day. I quit drinking for about 8 years--meaning I'd drink only once a month or so but in 08 I started up the every day habit again. I quit drinking in 00 based on a doctor's advice, and I didn't really drink for about 2-3 years meaning no booze but from 03 to 08 I was an occasional drinker but since October 08 when my dad's health took a turn for the worse--he died in '10 I became an everyday drinker. I've started to drink more the last six months.

I am doing fine though. 2-3 drinks per day and sometimes up to 10 when I want to get drunk is my new normal.