Sitar

Lorde

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who can't stand her. She said listening to Lana's music is unhealthy. What does she know?  :horror:

anyway so I found this on youtube (along with many other things): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCWIQvJE8vo 

I think she's just trying to bash Lana, thinking that'll make her more popular or whatever. Her music doesn't even make sense... 

tumblr_n5gzpp7cW01rc3z3ro1_500.gif

Wow, I don't know whether or not you are trolling but

1. We have a Lorde thread in the Entertainment section, post there.

2. You are bashing an artist that is liked by many people on this forum.

3. Lorde is a fan of Lana, she just doesn't like the whole "daddy complex" that Lana has developed over time.

4. Royals was a social commentary song, it is supposed to remind you of Lana and the hip hop group Maybach Music Group, Lorde was denying the opulence portrayed in today's media, and if you find that offensive then you need to check your priorities.

I'm out. :smokes3:

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

How about you don't start a thread about an artist you don't like hoping others will bash her with you. People need to get over the fact some people just don't like Lana or her music and move on with their lives! There's no need to post a video saying Lorde copied her, hasn't Royals allegedly copied like every Lana song in existence? :facepalm: So stupid. The second someone isn't up Lana's ass people feel the need to say shit about that person. Oh my fucking god who caaaares if Lorde doesn't like Lana  (even though Lorde has said she does like her)

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

And as I recalled I said "please tell me I'm not the only one", meaning that I know some of you will like Lorde, and great for you all. I can dislike her for whatever reasons and no, I don't expect people to "bash" her, but I have the right to vent about her. Hopefully there is someone out there who feels the same way that I do, but I can still say whatever I feel like about Lorde.

And Lorde can dislike Lana if she wants to.

Yes, you're totally right, she can. 

@@BrooklynnBabyy vent into a status update or a blog post. No need to make a thread for something that literally only you and 2 other people feel. Maybe you can spend more time engaging in the forum elsewhere instead of making your first presence here a negative one. :hooker:

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who can't stand her. She said listening to Lana's music is unhealthy. What does she know?  :horror:

You started off your thread with a negative statement, firstly questioning the reason that she doesn't think Lana is a positive role model for young women.

anyway so I found this on youtube (along with many other things): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCWIQvJE8vo 

You then proceeded to post a video comparing the intros of their songs, which sound literally nothing alike, maybe if the comparison was between National Anthem and Royals your opinion would've had some validity to it, and unfortunately it does not.

I think she's just trying to bash Lana, thinking that'll make her more popular or whatever. Her music doesn't even make sense... 

Lorde never openly bashed Lana, it's a common misconception in order to spark a non-existent feud.

Lorde is also currently more popular than Lana and had no problem solidifying it within the first year of her professional career whereas Lana has been writing for nearly 10 years and made a name for herself after about 6-7 of those.

Her music makes sense to her, much like Lana. I can't see many comparisons between them though.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

You started off your thread with a negative statement, firstly questioning the reason that she doesn't think Lana is a positive role model for young women.

You then proceeded to post a video comparing the intros of their songs, which sound literally nothing alike, maybe if the comparison was between National Anthem and Royals your opinion would've had some validity to it, and unfortunately it does not.

Lorde never openly bashed Lana, it's a common misconception in order to spark a non-existent feud.

Lorde is also currently more popular than Lana and had no problem solidifying it within the first year of her professional career whereas Lana has been writing for nearly 10 years and made a name for herself after about 6-7 of those.

Her music makes sense to her, much like Lana. I can't see many comparisons between them though.

Lorde is popular because she became mainstream. I have a sister who is in 4th grade and literally her and all of her friends were obessed with Royals. The reason why she became popular was because of little girls hearing her music on the radio. Really, when do you ever hear Lana on the radio? Only the stupid remix of summertime sandess, mind you that they still played that in the middle of winter.