Sitar

Lorde

Some soundtrack opinions~

There are only two AWFUL songs which is okay I guess:

-  Animal by XOV, I feel like this was definitely a decision pushed by the label and not Lorde because who the fuck is this? Affiliated with Dr. Luke too so it's obv they're gonna start pushing him soon. Prob the same reason people like Tove Lo and Tinashe were chosen but their contributions weren't this bland.

- This is Not a Good Song by The Chemical Brothers/Miguel. Worst worst worst.

Not awful but not great:

- Tove Lo's song is pretty bland but serviceable I guess. A lot like Habits but with some kinda tryhard deep message attached.

- I also hate the Grace Jones song but I get it I guess...You're arty...Does it's purpose, not my thing.

- Bat For Lashes just kinda serving interlude teas...It's a cover so not that important, but disappointing.

GOOD SHIT:

- Meltdown yes gawd

- Yellow Flicker Beat is still good. I'll never listen to Flicker but like...okay it's there.

- Ladder Song is cute, glad there's some subdued Lorde and it's not all "I'm a teen but edgy!"

- Kingdom by Charli XCX is overall the best song. Outshined ya @@Lorde

- Dead Air by CHVRCHES serves.

- Lost Souls by Raury, I listened to this kid's album and it was mostly bad but had a few moments so I'm pleased that this is in line with the better songs there.

- The Leap by Tinashe, not just a good Tinashe song but a welcome like lowkey moment in the soundtrack.

- All My Love by Ariana :defeated: Production here is so good, I hope someday MØ's version will come out so I can delete this

And y'all? :stareney:

Some soundtrack opinions~

- This is Not a Good Song   :teehee: by The Chemical Brothers/Miguel. Worst worst worst.

This song had so much potential...  :xcry: the idiot who lend his vocals should go to prison

Beautiful instrumental, atrocious vocals...give this song to Alex Clare or heck, anybody else!! and they'll do justice

Lorde leaked a Lost Boys snippet

"found this little guy whilst trawling through my archives and thought it would be a cute thing to share with y’all. we wrote this song called lost boys in about march of last year, we spent a day on it and then never touched it again (it was not a good song, i promise, haha). a lot of people asked what happened to lost boys, and i guess you’ll never hear the other three-quarters of the song, but there was something about these bridge melodies i thought was pretty. so here you go - a little pre-christmas look at the cutting room floor. xo"

http://lordemusic.tumblr.com/post/104833914696/found-this-little-guy-whilst-trawling-through-my

I wish she'd leak the full thing, it sounds so nice.

Omg the way she said "i guess you’ll never hear the other three-quarters of the song", what a foul bitch.

:lmao: omg I love her so much, hahahahah

but mess, I love how everyone thought this one was called Hospital

"(it was not a good song, i promise, haha)" HAHA :-) yes Ella. HA HA IT'S ONLY THE SONG I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR TO LEAK FOR AGES EVER SINCE I HEARD THE FLAWLESS CHORUS DON'T COME HERE SAYING SHIT LIKE THAT :-)

lABVyGE.png

she hasn't even started on her second album...... it's a mess. i wanted to cry when i read it

When did you read that? Because I heard once the Mockingjay soundtrack got started she put album2 on the back burner until after the album was finished.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

When did you read that? Because I heard once the Mockingjay soundtrack got started she put album2 on the back burner until after the album was finished.

Speaking with Triple J music director Richard Kingsmill, Joe Little said he would join Lorde (real name Ella Yelich-O'Connor) in the studio to carve out a new slate of recordings. "That's the plan, basically. We're just going to start writing some songs. We haven't got some planned out 'this is what it's going to sound like'... I think we're just going to start writing and when it starts to feel right, we'll know that it's right. It's pretty simple really." How soon? "Really soon. Like within the next month or so we'll be in the studio."

It's from Billboard.com, February 23rd 2015

lABVyGE.png