MrRJM1999

#PopIndustry *Applications For Players Now Open*

Nelly Furtado @nellyfurtado
IRELAND! I'm performing my new single Love Letters From You next Friday on The Late Late Show at 9.30pm GMT on RTÉ!! xxNF

//whoops it wasn't meant to be posted twice

Edited by Go Go Dancer

Florrie @FlorrieMusic

Florriors in the US, catch me Tuesday night live with Jimmy Kimmel at 11:35pm EST. Performing my new single for you. So excited! xx

Florrie @FlorrieMusic

C-c-city sounds, neon lights, spin me around, hold me tight  ;)

Ahh good luck to all of you! Will definitely apply next time as I was too late. This sounds so fun. I'll definitely be checking this thread and watching to see what happens

devUz2O.png

Pop Industry

Challenge One: Started From the Bottom

Nightlife_Resize.jpg

Nightlife

Released: Digitally on July 9th, 2013

Physically on July 16th, 2013

Track Listing:

1. Nightlife (4:37)

2. Nightlife (Live on Jimmy Kimmel) (5:17)

3. Nightlife (RAC Remix) (4:59)

Produced by: Brian Higgins

Written by: Florence Arnold, Brian Higgins, Sam Martin

Lyrical Themes: Nightlife is a summer anthem. It captures the thrill of midnight madness in the heat of July. The lyrics portray that getting in a little trouble every once in a while is a good thing. The themes of the song are taking risks, having fun, and finding that “summer love” everyone craves!

Interview with Jimmy Kimmel

Jimmy: Ladies and gentleman, the lovely Florrie. How are you doing?

Florrie: I'm great, thanks! So excited to be here. 

J: This is your first appearance on an American TV show, yes?

F: Yes it is. I'm so happy to be branching out to different parts of the world, sharing my music everywhere.

J: That's great. We're happy about it, too. So tell me, what's it like knowing that you're closer to your dream of being a star?

F: It's truly amazing to me. It's actually moving quite fast. It's strange when people want a photo with me or fans tweet me with praise. I guess I'm not quite use to it yet but I know I'm very excited for what is to come. It feels really nice knowing people are receiving my sound well and are appreciating what I'm creating.

J: Speaking of what you're creating, tell us about Nightlife. How did it come about?

F: Nightlife is sort of a mash of all the feelings you get when you're running around town at night with your friends or somebody you love. Your adrenaline is high and you're excited but you're a little scared because you might be doing something you're not supposed to be. I feel like, musically, this song really portrays those emotions. The drum beat is like a racing heartbeat and there are a lot of different sounds used, like car horns for example,  that really make the excitement show through. I really love it and hope people will play it in their cars while they cruise around the city, looking for some trouble.

J: That sounds promising. What can we expect from your music in the future?

F: I'm really liking the direction my music is going in now. It's sort of europop with influence like house music and sounds from the 60's. I do the drumming on all of my tracks and actually, my producer Brian and I are working on building songs from the drum beat up so it's really exciting and fun. For the most part I'd like to keep this upbeat, almost disco electric feel in my music but in the future I'd like to maybe try something a little slower, like a jazzy ballad with saxophone or something. I'd also love to try a collaboration with another artist since I've never done something like that.

J: Ah! On the subject of collaboration, if you could duet with one legend, who would it be & why?

F: Probably John Lennon. I grew up listening to a lot of The Beatles' music. I'd say I take a lot of the sounds from the 60's and try to use them subtly in the undertone of my music and in my fashion style. Mr. Lennon along with the rest of the band was definitely a big part of my childhood. I still love to watch vintage clips of The Beatles performing and, actually, that's where I pulled a lot of my drumming style from. I could just picture John and me on a stage with our circle glasses on, jamming away. I'd love that.

J: Wonderful, Miss Florrie. So, how about your song Nightlife, let's hear it! Florrie, everyone!

Performance

Performance Music: A backing track will be played throughout the whole song, however the first quarter of the track will have no drum beat. Florrie will be drumming live throughout the first quarter of the song on a standing drum kit that reads "Florrie" on the front in the same font and colors of the single's album artwork. After that, she’ll only be doing vocals and dancing around the stage and into the first row of the crowd.

Stage: The stage will be set with a NYC-inspired backdrop with tall, skyscraper buildings and digital, lit up billboards. The lighting will be bright and colorful, yet not too overwhelming.

OutfitHere.

Britney Spears @britneyspears

They call me a wild rose, sweet #TABOO, black dove, but I'm just a girl crucified by fame, in search for love...

Britney Spears @britneyspears

Guys, don't miss the world premiere of my new single #TABOO on The Tonight Show With @JayLeno, tomorrow 10:00 pm ET, NBC. 

im requesting an extension to the closing date because the site was down for two days so i had no access to the brief

I didn't even know the site went down, when was this?  :facepalm:

The remaining players can have until late Sunday night to submit :)

L4L-Sig1_zpsd1c0fc6e.png