pinupgirls

American Horror Story

Idk, I think AHS kinda needed this step back, to stop trying to be so complex. I don't think this is the worst season by far. It's still kinda camp, but it's at least been enjoyable and more or less interesting every episode for me. I'd possibly rewatch it again in a few years. I've still got no excitement for the future of AHS but still, it gave me more than I expected lol, as an uninterested fan since 2018.

I'm just glad all I needed was a 1 month subscription to Binge to finish the season and I can cancel it the day after The Auteur airs :giggle:

I've been catching up! I think it was a fun switch from recent seasons, the theme has been interesting. I wish they would deviate from the whole ~pregnant lady whose husband is cheating while everyone is gaslighting them~ thing because it seems to be a reoccurring theme in almost every season atp :bebe: 

I do think it's done well in this season since the season mainly revolves around that. The acting is a bit stale this season, it will never beat coven or murder house. While I do love psychological horror, idk if it's just me, but I didn't find this season to be as scary as some of the others in the past. There's definitely some gross and unsettling moments but it hasn't been that crazy.  Kim is doing a better job than I expected, I actually love her character in the show. It does sound like she's reading lines instead of letting the lines flow naturally conversationally, but I can't really expect anything crazy from someone who isn't normally an actress. This season has felt so short so that's a bit unfortunate, but I love the show and the campy vibes so it's a fun watch for me.

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

9 minutes ago, shadesofblue said:

I've been catching up! I think it was a fun switch from recent seasons, the theme has been interesting. I wish they would deviate from the whole ~pregnant lady whose husband is cheating while everyone is gaslighting them~ thing because it seems to be a reoccurring theme in almost every season atp :bebe: 

I do think it's done well in this season since the season mainly revolves around that. The acting is a bit stale this season, it will never beat coven or murder house. While I do love psychological horror, idk if it's just me, but I didn't find this season to be as scary as some of the others in the past. There's definitely some gross and unsettling moments but it hasn't been that crazy.  Kim is doing a better job than I expected, I actually love her character in the show. It does sound like she's reading lines instead of letting the lines flow naturally conversationally, but I can't really expect anything crazy from someone who isn't normally an actress. This season has felt so short so that's a bit unfortunate, but I love the show and the campy vibes so it's a fun watch for me.

I said the opposite, I thought she was doing well because KUWTK is pretty much an acting gig at this point :thumb3:

but short? How many episodes is it? I’m in the UK so it hasn’t finished yet.. I expected a few more episodes yet 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

17 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I said the opposite, I thought she was doing well because KUWTK is pretty much an acting gig at this point :thumb3:

but short? How many episodes is it? I’m in the UK so it hasn’t finished yet.. I expected a few more episodes yet 

very true about KUWTK, I can see that too! I noticed a few times (more so in the beginning of the season) when Emma's character would talk to her, she sounded like she was reciting lines right after instead of processing what Emma was saying like how conversations naturally happen. I do think she's doing a great job at portraying her character! Overall I think she's doing a great job actually, those are just some small things I noticed!

It's 9 episodes long, but including the finale, the total runtime of the season will be the shortest. I believe it's under 6 hours long total while some early seasons used to be at 10 hours long :daydream: 

AHS is one of my fav shows though, so even if its *bad* ill eat it up either way tbh :dance4:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄