sweetlana

Lana Del Rey Interviewed By Electronics Beats Magazine

That’s not something i hold against her, i’m just making an observation (through my biased lens obviously). I still wonder if she has some sort of “personality disorder” (which i've wondered pretty much since day 1, so that is not something i'm drawing up because she was a bit erratic in this interview) or if she’s on a lot of antidepressants.

I've thought about this a lot too. I'm really not sure if she's just weird, actually on drugs or mentally ill. At any rate she seems to respond to flattery really well. Like in any interview where the interviewer has confessed to being a fan of work or isn't critical she just coos and we see cutesy, forthcoming lana. But then in other interviews (take oystermag for instance) we see this strange, disconnected woman who wants to end the interview because she's getting "weird vibes" off the interviewer. Maybe a lot of it comes down to coping with becoming as famous as she has in such a short period of time. Who knows tbh. 

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

this is why i think she's an INFP -- she gets really, really, really sensitive to everything in her environment because she's able to intuit / draw connections from really abstract or subtle details that eventually influence her mental and/or emotional state. i mean -- hanging up on a (phone) interview for no specific reason other than a 'feeling' is kind of ... dramatic. but maybe she just feels strongly? 

"I think we should just end this because, I don't know. I feel like you don't really like it."

so it could be something as simple as like, a micro-expression or an inflection in tone of voice, a shift in body language, etc. or its just another person's energy, or the energy in the room, in the atmosphere -- which can't really be defined in any logical way. ever walk into a room thats neither dark nor bright, but the way the light hits your surroundings, it just makes you feel weird? or like, when you hear a song, and see a color... you don't know why, it just happens. you can try to explain it away all fucking day but you'll never know the true reason why you see or feel what you see or feel. i think the same can be applied to any situation. the energy from this room makes me feel grey. the energy from this person makes me feel pink. of course that's really simplistic, but just as examples... because maybe that's what happens to her, on some level? like, this interviewer is giving me shit vibes, so i'm gonna react in this way because shit brown brings out my shit green. i'm high as fuck. i think she's really attuned to her surroundings, and this level of perception just causes her to spaz out every now and then. everyone knows that feeling of being overwhelmed. its like pulsating / buzzing / dizzying and then at a certain point, in certain situations, or with certain people, you just shut down and you're no longer yourself. or functional at all. i imagine that being in the neverending spotlight would cause your personality to seem fragmented for sure 

if britney shaved her head and wielded an umbrella ... what is lana going to do? pls don't cobain urself bby

*brb, symbolically killing myself*

ZRBNill.jpg

this is why i think she's an INFP -- she gets really, really, really sensitive to everything in her environment because she's able to intuit / draw connections from really abstract or subtle details that eventually influence her mental and/or emotional state. i mean -- hanging up on a (phone) interview for no specific reason other than a 'feeling' is kind of ... dramatic 

I think we should just end this because, I don't know. I feel like you don't really like it.

so it could be something as simple as like, a micro-expression or an inflection in tone of voice, a shift in body language, etc. or its just another person's energy, or the energy in the room, in the atmosphere -- which can't really be defined in any logical way. ever walk into a room thats neither dark nor bright, but the way the light hits your surroundings, it just makes you feel weird? or like, when you hear a song, and see a color... you don't know why, it just happens. you can try to explain it away all fucking day but you'll never know the true reason why you see or feel what you see or feel. i think the same can be applied to any situation. the energy from this room makes me feel grey. the energy from this person makes me feel pink. of course that's really simplistic, but just as examples... because maybe that's what happens to her, on some level? like, this interviewer is giving me shit vibes, so i'm gonna react in this way because shit brown brings out my shit green. i'm high as fuck. i think she's really attuned to her surroundings, and this level of perception just causes her to spaz out every now and then. everyone knows that feeling of being overwhelmed. its like pulsating / buzzing / dizzying and then at a certain point, in certain situations, or with certain people, you just shut down and you're no longer yourself. i imagine that being in the neverending spotlight would cause your personality to seem fragmented for sure ... 

if britney shaved her head and wielded an umbrella ... what is lana going to do? pls don't cobain urself bby

*brb, symbolically killing myself*

Highly Sensitive Person (courtesy of the lovely @@PrettyBaby)

Your reply is coming!

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

I think she was really high. And that she's always talking sheer nonsense.

It really pains me. But sometimes I feel as if she was fake as a thousand dollars bill.

And I love her.

But I think she's a big fat liar.

even though i'm quoting your post this isn't necessarily a response to it. the (common) perception of her being 'fake' and a 'liar' just got me thinking. i mean, i get why people think these things. and she is a liar. but not always, and not completely? anyway, i just love lanalyzing her in the head i guess

you know i have a friend or (three) that specifically do not trust any girl that they find to be beautiful? i'm not saying that they're right or wrong i'm just saying i have them. one of them is a guy and has insecurities about them cheating, the other two are girls (ENFP, ENTJ) and they just assume that they're manipulative or conniving or at least more likely to be so. i don't think thats an uncommon thing. everyone has insecurities, even lana. especially lana? seems to me like pretty girls can sometimes be the most insecure. but also the most confident. or at least the ones i've known (and known of). see how there's already an inherent contradiction that's probably confusing to her and those around her? given that she has those 'abilities' to see the world, eat cake, see what other people don't -- she probably also sees the darker sides of humanity too. she probably sees (and is the target of) other people's insecurities because she inadvertently draws them out. she's smart, quiet, and beautiful; i imagine that a combination like that would draw very strange / very pessimistic / very cautionary 'energy' from (some, but not all) people. over the course of 27 (?) years though, that number of negative interactions or realizations probably adds up. she's probably internalized that energy and its probably made her feel guilty, or something?

"i don't wanna think i'm wrong -- just for feeling pretty"

599095_364422703649064_1672504067_n.jpg

she's probably all defensive / adolescent / emo cause she's consistently being ~misunderstood by the world and the (american) public. funny that this is the 2nd gramma quote that's been relevant to this discussion. maybe that's the song that's most true and most personal for her, like trailerparkdarling said. i mean ... there are like 7 (?) videos. not sure if i'm just building up a house of cards in my head lmao

ZRBNill.jpg

this is why i think she's an INFP -- she gets really, really, really sensitive to everything in her environment because she's able to intuit / draw connections from really abstract or subtle details that eventually influence her mental and/or emotional state. i mean -- hanging up on a (phone) interview for no specific reason other than a 'feeling' is kind of ... dramatic. but maybe she just feels strongly? 

I just took a mbti test in my OB class the other day, and I am also INFP. Funnily enough, I didn't even realise she was coming off as arrogant or dismissive in the interview until I read everyone's opinions here. I just thought it sounded like Lana being Lana. 

I guess I can relate because my opinion also changes from one day to the next depending on how I feel and if I like the person I'm talking too (yes that includes getting vibes off people, I'm an aquarius lol). I speak to over 200 people a day on a one-to-one basis and I conduct myself based on how they make me feel when I interact with them. I never put on a false front anymore; it's far too exhausting with that many people. 

A lot of people think I'm a bitch or flaky as shit but that's just how I am. My boyfriend says I'm an odd duck...  :lanasrs:

I love Lana, but I don't understand why she continues to lie about things that have been proven to be true. Why is she still denying that her dad and family had no money? Also she seems to mix up the facts about her own life in every interview I've read/heard. When she went to boarding school. When she was an alcoholic. When she went to rehab.  And everything she was doing from the time she dropped out up until mid-2011. There are so many stories that don't fit in anywhere.

i agree with coneyislandking as well, she doesn't owe anybody anything. but with her, i've always found that she prefers to keep the focus on her music, rather than her - and i can't blame her because lana's personal life is fuck all to do with anybody, we found her because of her music, right? you guys complain when she keeps being coy, then you go mad when she might just be in a bad mood, i mean come on really. none of us know lana personally (no, meeting her doesn't count), maybe she's completely different at home. i think she also gets bad vibes from people, she did once say that she can work out everything she needs to know when she first meets somebody, she may have just felt uncomfortable.

4r9w86.jpg

^Agreed. And even if everything she's ever said in interviews is complete lies, it wouldn't bother me a bit. She's not obligated to tell us anything about herself.

her personal life is, in a way our business because she -wants- to share her 'story' and share parts of herself with the public. its largely about the music and 'making her life into a werk of art', but the thing is, all of her songs are about her in some way. her lyrics are very personal, and its interesting to try and figure out which of the characters (or pieces of them) are real or imagined. you don't personally need to know her to make (some) connections about who she is and where she's coming from; the clues are already there in all 700 of her songs

ZRBNill.jpg

lana's personal life is, in a way our business because she -wants- to share her 'story' and share parts of herself with the public. its largely about the music and 'making her life into a work of art', but the thing is, all of her songs are about her in some way. her lyrics are very personal, and its interesting to try and figure out which of the characters are real or imagined. you don't need to know her personally to make (some) connections about who she is and where she's coming from... the clues are already there in all 700 of her songs

that is also very true, but at the same time, she's not in any way obligated to answer personal and grating questions (lets face it, most of the questions she gets asked are the same). i think a lot of her songs are about her, but i'm not sure that every single song is, maybe she's writing about an alter-ego or something.

4r9w86.jpg

i agree; she shouldn't have to answer personal or grating questions. some of these questions in particular aren't even just grating -- they seem really transparent. like, "do you have opinions on healthcare reform, or . . .?" to me, that question in itself is out of scope, irrelevant, and judgmental / condescending in undertone (especially when paired with those fucking ellipses). this is an artist interview in 'electronic beats' magazine, not some 20-something cocktail party or a med school interview in the caribbean. like, to me, it seems as if she's trying to gauge her intelligence and/or expose her ignorance. can you imagine the interviewer asking florence welch that same exact question? kanye? beyonce? pretty much anyone else? i don't think so. but i also think i might be a tad bit cynical ... 

lana probably doesn't know shit about politics. but she doesn't want or deserve to have that fact exposed to the world. it kind of seems like that question was a calculated one. there was no smooth or necessary segue between american imagery ---> obama ---> healthcare

i think this is basically how the interview went now that i've had time to overlanalyze the absolute shit out of it --

interviewer:  :sideeye:  :pls:  :creepna:  :raven:

lana:  :lolliney:  :oprah2:  :agree2:  :godlaugh:

ZRBNill.jpg

i agree; she shouldn't have to answer personal or grating questions. some of these questions in particular aren't just grating -- they seem really transparent. like, "do you have opinions on healthcare reform, or . . .?" to me, that question in itself is out of scope, irrelevant, and judgmental / condescending in undertone (especially when paired with those fucking ellipses). this ain't a 20-something cocktail party or a med school interview in the caribbean. like, to me, it seems as if she's trying to gauge her intelligence and/or expose her ignorance. can you imagine the interviewer asking florence welch that same exact question? kanye? beyonce? pretty much anyone else? i don't think so. but i also think i'm a tad bit cynical ... 

exactly, i think people do treat lana differently, and not always in a nice way. i think kanye west would think the interview was a joke if he had been asked those questions! 

4r9w86.jpg

Just gonna ~throw it out there~ we don't know the context of the interview... speech doesn't always translate well into words sometimes. Maybe things were taken out.

I still think it is too far to say she has a ~:personality disorder. And I think to presume that kinda does "invade" her personal life.  IDK. Maybe it doesn't but w/e. 

Just gonna ~throw it out there~ we don't know the context of the interview... speech doesn't always translate well into words sometimes. Maybe things were taken out.

I still think it is too far to say she has a ~:personality disorder. And I think to presume that kinda does "invade" her personal life.  IDK. Maybe it doesn't but w/e. 

i only really threw that suggestion out there because i've had a lot of things in the past, and sometimes mine and lana's personalities are really similar. it was just a suggestion, and i didn't say it to be offensive at all. 

4r9w86.jpg