lola

Taylor Swift

4 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

Really hope it’s not a deluxe/second album. 

two albums in a row spending all this money on an album, just for a deluxe to randomly drop in the middle of the night with songs you can’t buy physically, seems like such an annoying money grab

I'm still annoyed Midnights 3am isn't available on vinyl

1 minute ago, lanasozempicpen said:

Nothing new for her 

I mean that’s true, and I’m always one to call her out on her shit, but if it’s another album that gets the 3AM edition treatment (which I don’t think it is) then it just makes buying an album lose the appeal because then you’re missing out on a whole batch of songs.

What she’s doing with this album so far (one extra song on each variant) doesn’t bug me because it’s only 1 extra song per variant, but a whole deluxe edition that’s digital only is annoying 

"Don’t forget me"

Just now, taco truck said:

That didn’t answer my question, I don’t understand how it’s a money grab if you can’t BUY it. A money grab would be realizing it ONLY on physicals (like the deluxe tracks).

It’s a money grab if there’s another album because she released 18362 copies of TTPD and suddenly there’s another album to buy. If it’s on streaming, still a money grab. You can’t stream music for free. Ads, subscriptions, etc. 

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

Anyway- I personally don’t care about capitalism money grab discourse cause that’s just the reality of being the corporation that is Taylor Swift. I don’t feel any desire to buy physical copies of her albums besides one just because I like to have her discog, but I didn’t buy any of the Taylor’s versions. I’ve never purchased her merch either I just want music. 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

2 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

What she’s doing with this album so far (one extra song on each variant) doesn’t bug me because it’s only 1 extra song per variant, but a whole deluxe edition that’s digital only is annoying

It wouldn’t bug me if she didn’t do limited drops to pressure people into buying yet another copy. If this was 10 years ago, it would be 1 standard and 1 deluxe. Fuck Taylor for making multiple editions a new standard. :oprah3:

2 minutes ago, lanasozempicpen said:

It’s a money grab if there’s another album because she released 18362 copies of TTPD and suddenly there’s another album to buy. If it’s on streaming, still a money grab. You can’t stream music for free. Ads, subscriptions, etc. 

idk I guess I just don’t get it cause then I guess every album ever released is a money grab :toofunny:. She only released 4 variants of TTPD.  I think physical only tracks are much worse than streaming only tracks.

3 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Wait but if you can’t buy physicals why would that make it a money grab? 

Because what’s the point of having your fans buy vinyls advertised as having extra songs just to drop more extra songs idk I’m just bitter I bought multiple midnight physicals just for some of my favorite songs to be locked behind 3AM and not able to be played when I want to do a vinyl listen 

4 minutes ago, lanasozempicpen said:

Midnights above 1989 is wild :biblio:

listen I know!! To be fair those two are pretty interchangeable and 1989 usually is on top, but I’ve been listening to midnights again a lot in anticipation for this album and it’s just so good idc what the haters say

"Don’t forget me"

Just now, taco truck said:

idk I guess I just don’t get it cause then I guess every album ever released is a money grab :toofunny:. She only released 4 variants of TTPD.  I think physical only tracks are much worse than streaming only tracks.

“Only released 4 variants” girl needs ONLY one 😭😭

It wouldn’t bug me if she didn’t do limited drops to pressure people into buying yet another copy. If this was 10 years ago, it would be 1 standard and 1 deluxe. Fuck Taylor for making multiple editions a new standard. :oprah3:

she isn’t making it the standard so it’s unfair to blame her for it. Olivia just did this last year with GUTS having extra vinyl tracks and got NO heat over it 

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, NikoGo said:

listen I know!! To be fair those two are pretty interchangeable and 1989 usually is on top, but I’ve been listening to midnights again a lot in anticipation for this album and it’s just so good idc what the haters say

You’re valid queen :makeup:

Just now, lanasozempicpen said:

Well I wouldn’t mind 3 

1. standard

2. deluxe

3. expanded or record store day

1 minute ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Can we stop talking about taypitalism plz. How about we talk about if we’re gonna get rep tv

didn’t insiders say September? I feel like she wants to have all the re-records out by the time the eras tour is over (I’m honestly shocked they aren’t all out already tbh I really thought she’d want to own them all by now)

"Don’t forget me"

Just now, NikoGo said:

didn’t insiders say September? I feel like she wants to have all the re-records out by the time the eras tour is over (I’m honestly shocked they aren’t all out already tbh I really thought she’d want to own them all by now)

Oh really I didn’t know that.

Ya tbh I have just literally never cared about the physicals discourse even as someone who collects vinyl, I don’t think she was the only who made multiple variants the standard either. The whole variant craze happened because of things like the UO Honeymoon vinyl. That vinyl goes for $400 dollars on Discogs because it’s “rare”. Record companies realized how lucrative this is and now made all their artists put out multiple variants of records so their fans will think it will be rare or worth something in the future. I don’t think it’s good but I also think it’s labels fault. 

Just now, NikoGo said:

she isn’t making it the standard so it’s unfair to blame her for it. Olivia just did this last year with GUTS having extra vinyl tracks and got NO heat over it 

Well Taylor 100% made it normal. Media noticed how swifties will just buy it anyways and suddenly everyone is doing it.

2 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Can we stop talking about taypilisism plz. How about we talk about if we’re gonna get rep tv

tbh i don't think taylor would want rep tv to overshadow ttpd I could be wrong though I'm pessimistic ever since taylor ruined new romantics tv😭 the drums are unaudible

2 minutes ago, lanasozempicpen said:

I said only 4 because Dua Lipa just released like 13 different variants for her new album and so did Olivia and Ariana. Beyonce released like 4-5 variants and revealed the covers one by one and no one called her queen of capitalism for it 😭. I do think it’s wrong but it’s just not a Taylor-only thing and it’s an issue with the industry as a whole.

Just now, DemonMic2003 said:

Oh really I didn’t know that.

I could be making that up but I feel like around the time TTPD titles leaked the same person said rep September. Or maybe September announcement? I honestly don’t know 

Well Taylor 100% made it normal. Media noticed how swifties will just buy it anyways and suddenly everyone is doing it.

again I don’t think that’s Taylor exclusive. Record labels have been doing this for years now. Hell Chemtrails has 11 variants and you get absolutely nothing extra from getting a single one of them

"Don’t forget me"