lola

Taylor Swift

It would be completely different if she did the variants without a limited sale. Her doing one variant a week and only up for a few days is so scammy. She knows what sheā€™s doing and so do the fans. You can drop them all at once, but if a swiftie buys them all at once, itā€™s one sale in terms of record numbers. But you do it one a week, now that fan has increased record numbers by 4. Itā€™s 100% shitty. But oh well. We canā€™t do anything about it.Ā 

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

2 minutes ago, ttulsa said:

tbh i don't think taylor would want rep tv to overshadow ttpd I could be wrong though I'mĀ pessimisticĀ ever since taylor ruined new romantics tvšŸ˜­ the drums are unaudible

This, I wonā€™t listen to New Romantics tv or yail tv

Just now, taco truck said:

I said only 4 because Dua Lipa just released like 13 different variants for her new album and so did Olivia and Ariana. Beyonce released like 4-5 variants and revealed the covers one by one and no one called her queen of capitalism for it šŸ˜­. I do think itā€™s wrong but itā€™s just not a Taylor-only thing and itā€™s an issue with the industry as a whole.

This annoys me to no end. Taylor constantly gets mocked for all her variants when literally every major label artist does this now. Taylor's variants seem to be a pretty average amount. Even Lana has out-varianted Taylor on every one of her albums since NFR. It's so ridiculous!

3 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I do think itā€™s wrong but itā€™s just not a Taylor-only thing and itā€™s an issue with the industry as a whole.

Never said it was just her and I see people complain about every other artist doing it too.Ā 

1 minute ago, lanasozempicpen said:

It would be completely different if she did the variants without a limited sale. Her doing one variant a week and only up for a few days is so scammy. She knows what sheā€™s doing and so do the fans. You can drop them all at once, but if a swiftie buys them all at once, itā€™s one sale in terms of record numbers. But you do it one a week, now that fan has increased record numbers by 4. Itā€™s 100% shitty. But oh well. We canā€™t do anything about it.Ā 

donā€™t get me wrong, I absolutely agree, but at this point itā€™s just part of being a fan of miss swift. Sheā€™s a very smart business woman and knows how to play the game, and it absolutely is a bit scummy, but at least the music is worth it! I bought one physical and Iā€™m satisfied with that. If these fans want to blow their money on the illusion of an exclusive song thatā€™s on them

"Donā€™t forget me"

1 minute ago, rosemead ramada said:

This annoys me to no end. Taylor constantly gets mocked for all her variants when literally every major label artist does this now. Taylor's variants seem to be a pretty average amount. Even Lana has out-varianted Taylor on every one of her albums since NFR. It's so ridiculous!

taylor has always been like a target for criticism ig cause she's so big and everything

i think some people are still bitter that taylor made it so that you can only rent the eras tour movie, called her captilistic and everything, dunno if it's still like this rn

2 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

donā€™t get me wrong, I absolutely agree, but at this point itā€™s just part of being a fan of miss swift. Sheā€™s a very smart business woman and knows how to play the game, and it absolutely is a bit scummy, but at least the music is worth it! I bought one physical and Iā€™m satisfied with that. If these fans want to blow their money on the illusion of an exclusive song thatā€™s on them

I agree. The fans allow this to happen. 10 years ago, everyone would have clowned at this. If it works for her, thatā€™s great. But you will never find me buying 4+ versions of the same album that would have had every song on a single deluxe variant a decade ago šŸ˜­šŸ˜­Ā Target deluxe is different because that shit doesnā€™t go off the shelves in 6 hours after being releasedā€¦ like her websites variants.Ā 

11 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Ya tbh I have just literally never cared about the physicals discourse even as someone who collects vinyl, I donā€™t think she was the only who made multiple variants the standard either. The whole variant craze happened because of things like the UO Honeymoon vinyl. That vinyl goes for $400 dollars on Discogs because itā€™s ā€œrareā€. Record companies realized how lucrative this isĀ and now made all their artists put out multiple variants of records so their fans will think it will beĀ rare or worthĀ something in the future. I donā€™t think itā€™s good but I also think itā€™s labels fault.Ā 

not to mention how LFL and UV both recently got ā€˜exclusiveā€™ re-releases that all sold out! And Chemtrails omg TunnelĀ just getting the ā€˜limited editionā€™ festival vinyl. Like yeah Taylor plays the game but all these artists (even our main fave Lana) does too!

"Donā€™t forget me"

Just now, lanasozempicpen said:

Never said it was just her and I see people complain about every other artist doing it too.Ā 

That second part is just not true, I am an Olivia fan as well and everyone thought it was super fun and cute that the records each had a different deluxe track on them. 90% of people were notĀ throwing money-grab accusation against her or acting like it was some moral failure to ā€œwithholdā€ tracks. It the same with the jet stuff. So many celebs use their jet way more than Taylor and get no flack for it. Beyonce and Dua Lipa both recently posted photos in their private jet and everyone was just like ā€œyasss queenā€. Taylor gets a disproportionate amount of hate about these things because sheā€™s so controversial to people they will cling onto anything and everything. Again Iā€™m not saying itā€™s not bad, because it is bad.

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

ā€Ė–Ā°Ā ā‹†.ą³ƒąæ”Ā this is my idea of funĀ Ā°ā€ā‹†.ą³ƒąæ”*:ļ½„

Just now, taco truck said:

That second part is just not true, I am an Olivia fan as well and everyone thought it was super fun and cute that the records each had a different deluxe track on them. 90% of people were notĀ throwing money-grab accusation against her or acting like it was some moral failure to ā€œwithholdā€ tracks. It the same with the jet stuff. So many celebs use their jet way more than Taylor and get no flack for it. Beyonce and Dua Lipa both recently posted photos in their private jet and everyone was just like ā€œyasss queenā€. Taylor gets a disproportionate amount of hate about these things because sheā€™s so controversial to people they will cling onto anything and everything. Again Iā€™m not saying itā€™s not bad, because it is bad.

I fear you just see Stan Twitter and not real people talking. So many of my friends bitch about everyone and not just Taylor. Taylor is a big ass name right now so people are going to talk about her more than anyone. The emissions with Taylor is just so stupid. People donā€™t realize theyā€™re contributing to poor emissions just replying and talking shitĀ on social mediašŸ˜­šŸ˜­

i know theres a lot of vinyl discourse right now (it comes up on this thread every other weekĀ :oic2:) but here is my personal album rankingĀ 

1. Red

2. Speak NowĀ 

3. The Tortured Poets DepartmentĀ 

4. evermore

5. folklore

6. 1989

7. Midnights

8. Lover

9. reputation

10. Fearless

11. Taylor Swift

Ā 

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers,Ā I wanna kill herĀ 

1 minute ago, crazyforyou said:

i know theres a lot of vinyl discourse right now (it comes up on this thread every other weekĀ :oic2:) but here is my personal album rankingĀ 

1. Red

2. Speak NowĀ 

3. The Tortured Poets DepartmentĀ 

4. evermore

5. folklore

6. 1989

7. Midnights

8. Lover

9. reputation

10. Fearless

11. Taylor Swift

Ā 

reputation sis Iā€™m so sorryĀ :roll:

"Donā€™t forget me"

3 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

reputation sis Iā€™m so sorryĀ :roll:

in 2017 i defended it like my life depended on it (even lwymmd) so that must count for somethingĀ 

pskiQfS.jpeg

so far the only consistent thing is debut being last or second last šŸ˜‚

1. evermore

2. 1989

3. speak now

4. folklore

5. rep

6. lover

7. fearless

8. red

9. midnights

10. debut

ttpd probably below lover above fearless

Just now, rosemead ramada said:

When 2am comes and goes and nothing happens :fabcat:

when 2am comes, nothing happens, you go to sleep, and at 2:01 the signed stuff is back in stock

Just now, ttulsa said:

so far the only consistent thing is debut being last or second last šŸ˜‚

1. evermore

2. 1989

3. speak now

4. folklore

5. rep

6. lover

7. fearless

8. red

9. midnights

10. debut

red below fearless, lover, and redĀ :judgingu4:

pskiQfS.jpeg

1 minute ago, crazyforyou said:

when 2am comes, nothing happens, you go to sleep, and at 2:01 the signed stuff is back in stock

red below fearless, lover, and redĀ :judgingu4:

red below red?? šŸ˜‚

in my defense... babe is my 30th most streamed song this month on spotify pretty high ā¤ļø