lola

Taylor Swift

The way i see it, If different album cover variants exist then who cares. It’s ultimately harmless and if it makes fans of said artist happy then why not. What shoves a thorn in my ass and gives me hemorrhoids is when theres fucking exclusive bonus tracks per variant and you need to play bonus track vinyl roulette and hope you like what you get. It’s especially shitty considering most people who buy records don’t even have a record player, so a bonus exclusive track is worthless to them :brigitte: It’s just adding fancy labels to a record to make it look more exclusive and sell more. Bonus points for being available “limited time”. I think it’s a pop music thing. I can’t see any small artist pulling this. Rather it’s Olivia or Taylor, it’s really only artist with large exposure who the label knows will sell lots of merchandise. Why not also further turn their records into a collectable form a merchandise if they know it will sell.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

What we need is just 3-4 different variants of an album

1. Standard Edition

2. Deluxe Edition (with a different cover + bonus songs)

3. Record Store Day Edition (could be either deluxe or standard with a totally different cover)

4. Expanded / Anniversary Edition (released a good amount of time after an album is released with 1-2 new songs and a couple remixes)

I was in the shower and all I could think about is how controversial Taylor is. Like when you really think about it, the reactions to her are so insane. She’s “bland and boring” but also “vile and disgusting” how can one be BOTH? And this has been from the very beginning of her career. Her haters are even more parasocial than her fans, imagine saying you hate an artist and then immediately tuning into their album the minute it leaks and deciphering what the lyrics are about and writing think pieces on it. There is just something so innately polarizing about her and it’s not something you see with just anyone. I think it’s part of why her career has had so much longevity, no matter whether you love her or hate her you’re talking about her.

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

49 minutes ago, lanasozempicpen said:

@honeymooncdomg unrelated but your last fm?!! Why are you listening to that song over and over 😭😭

IM PREPARING OKAY 😭😭

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

4 minutes ago, taco truck said:

What song is it LOL

i know places and all you had to do was stay LMAO

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

my take on the vinyl discourse: I don’t really care, because let people enjoy what they enjoy. People collect things all the time, and a vinyl is pretty harmless, unless you are spending all your savings on it(then, its your fault). But, it annoys me how they market them. The variants aren’t going to go away in 24hrs, they will be sold at target and barnes and nobles and record stores the day after release! but some swifties dont realize that, and thats why they buy it bc they think its something exclusive, when it rlly isnt. 

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

I was worried about the rate your music rating but looking at their ratings for other Taylor albums… they just do not like her lol

13 minutes ago, taco truck said:

imagine saying you hate an artist and then immediately tuning into their album the minute it leaks

:thumb3:

i admire when people who seemingly hate someone with burning passion still give said person's art a chance... but i don't understand it. i choose to just ignore the artists i dislike :true:

violets in your eyes

2 minutes ago, love divine said:

:thumb3:

i admire people who seemingly hate someone with burning passion still giving said person's art a chance... but i don't understand it. i choose to just ignore the artists i dislike :true:

A lot of those people aren’t really trying to give it a chance, they just want to listen so they can hate LOL. I think some people just need an outlet for their anger. I actually do listen to a lot of music from artists I “don’t like” just cause I wanna hear what it sounds like, and sometimes it makes me end up liking the artist! This actually happened to me with Eternal Sunshine from Ariana. But if I don’t like something I’ll just either not say anything and move on or give my opinion kindly and …. move on. 

Spoiler

This is my favorite Taylor album. I can't explain why; it just hits (different.mp3) :angie:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

y’all are probably gonna call me selfish for this but it would’ve been cool if taylor put 4 bonus songs on each cd/vinyl and if u collect them all u basically get a double album.. 16 standard and 16 bonus

the aided writers room:trisha:

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

Just now, honey dew said:

I haven't liked Taylor since she covered a John Denver song

this is such a random reason to not like her LMFAO

and i don't seem to mind

Just now, rancidgirl said:

this is such a random reason to not like her LMFAO

It’s a reference to what Courtney Love said about Lana :defeated:

17 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I was in the shower and all I could think about is how controversial Taylor is. Like when you really think about it, the reactions to her are so insane. She’s “bland and boring” but also “vile and disgusting” how can one be BOTH? And this has been from the very beginning of her career. Her haters are even more parasocial than her fans, imagine saying you hate an artist and then immediately tuning into their album the minute it leaks and deciphering what the lyrics are about and writing think pieces on it. There is just something so innately polarizing about her and it’s not something you see with just anyone. I think it’s part of why her career has had so much longevity, no matter whether you love her or hate her you’re talking about her.

omg did you listen to whos afraid of little old me yet? if not this is a crazy thing to say because it aligns so perfectly with the lyrics of that song

Spoiler

“im always drunk on my own tears

isnt that what they all say

that ill sue you if you step on my lawn

that im fearsome and im wretched and im wrong”

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

1 minute ago, crazyforyou said:

omg did you listen to whos afraid of little old me yet? if not this is a crazy thing to say because it aligns so perfectly with the lyrics of that song

Hide contents

I haven’t yet! Definitely excited for it

5 minutes ago, rancidgirl said:

y’all are probably gonna call me selfish for this but it would’ve been cool if taylor put 4 bonus songs on each cd/vinyl and if u collect them all u basically get a double album.. 16 standard and 16 bonus

the aided writers room:trisha:

those people who were making the ai snippets need to do this PLSPLSPLS

3 minutes ago, taco truck said:

It’s a reference to what Courtney Love said about Lana :defeated:

oh i didn’t know that

4 minutes ago, crazyforyou said:

Hide contents

blank space but angry as hell

and i don't seem to mind

Spoiler

1. The Tortured Poets Department

2. Folklore

3. RED TV

4. Reputation

5. 1989 TV

6. Evermore

7. Speak Now TV

8. Lover

9. Midnights

10. Fearless TV

11. Self Titled 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.