StationToStation

FKA twigs

The most notable being a preview of three new tracks from the forthcoming FKA Twigs EP on Young Turks. Projected on to the white walls of the cavernous Sorting Office venue in central London, we were treated to three equally bat-shit crazy videos from the alien-pixie-dancer-wonderkid. It was the second video that got the biggest ‘WTF!?!’ reaction in the room as it featured Twigs’ head being super-imposed on a life-sized sex doll, deflated, draped on a bed, all the while singing “Dress me up, love me rough, I’m your doll, I’m your doll” to a man who you would definitely not want to have sex with under any circumstances. Like most of her work, it’s going to take more than one viewing to digest but fans won’t be disappointed. She’s clearly lost none of her bite for gritty visual aesthetics.

http://www.thefourohfive.com/music/article/xl-recordings-young-turks-showcase-143

Hello everyone ! 

I'm desperately, DESPERATELY seeking the instrumental versions of the LP1. I've been searching around the web for months now T_T I've contacted many fans that told me I can find some help here :) 

Guys, you're my last hope ! 

what is this exactly? I'm confused

You have to listen to this with earphones and you'll hear the difference with the normal version  :)

The most notable being a preview of three new tracks from the forthcoming FKA Twigs EP on Young Turks. Projected on to the white walls of the cavernous Sorting Office venue in central London, we were treated to three equally bat-shit crazy videos from the alien-pixie-dancer-wonderkid. It was the second video that got the biggest ‘WTF!?!’ reaction in the room as it featured Twigs’ head being super-imposed on a life-sized sex doll, deflated, draped on a bed, all the while singing “Dress me up, love me rough, I’m your doll, I’m your doll” to a man who you would definitely not want to have sex with under any circumstances. Like most of her work, it’s going to take more than one viewing to digest but fans won’t be disappointed. She’s clearly lost none of her bite for gritty visual aesthetics.

http://www.thefourohfive.com/music/article/xl-recordings-young-turks-showcase-143

music news usually does nothing for me but this has me sO EXCITED OH MY GOD THAT SOUNDS FUCKING AMAZING

14417469274.gif

music news usually does nothing for me but this has me sO EXCITED OH MY GOD THAT SOUNDS FUCKING AMAZING

Have you listened to Glass & Patron yet

AHHH I'M SO HYPED

A bit confused because my idea of her keeping consistency in all her releases (numbered EPs with 4 tracks and LPs with 10) seems to be falling apart, but I'm still in full support of it and beyond excited for this release. I guess it'll look like this:

Melissa - EP

1. Mothercreep

2. Glass & Patron

3. I'm Your Doll

4. Figure 8

5. In Time

H0bDaqU.gif

AHHH I'M SO HYPED

A bit confused because my idea of her keeping consistency in all her releases (numbered EPs with 4 tracks and LPs with 10) seems to be falling apart, but I'm still in full support of it and beyond excited for this release. I guess it'll look like this:

Melissa - EP

1. Mothercreep

2. Glass & Patron

3. I'm Your Doll

4. Figure 8

5. In Time

The rest of the article still referred to it as EP3, so I'm assuming she was misinterpreted or something and Melissa is just what she's embodying here. I hope so bc the name always reminds me of "Oh, Melissa! Your face is on the phone. Soccer practice is over and you need to...pick it up!" :toofunny:

(Hopefully not the only person who has seen 30 Rock here.)

The rest of the article still referred to it as EP3, so I'm assuming she was misinterpreted or something and Melissa is just what she's embodying here. I hope so bc the name always reminds me of "Oh, Melissa! Your face is on the phone. Soccer practice is over and you need to...pick it up!" :toofunny:

(Hopefully not the only person who has seen 30 Rock here.)

True, hope you're right. and nope sorry not with ya on the reference...

H0bDaqU.gif