RileyThomas

Paradise Lost Competition: Challenge #1 - Born To Die 2

As you know, Lana is re-releasing her debut album 'Born To Die'. She has released the new title and there is a rumored track list, however can you do better? Your challenge, if you wish to accept it, is to create a brand new title for the re-release of Born To Die. It will of course contain all 15 tracks from the Deluxe Edition, however as it is a re-release there needs to be more songs. Come up with 8 additional tracks that will be featured on the album, including titles and themes for each song. You must also explain the THEME of the re-release. This challenge will 'challenge' your imagination and the winning team will gain immunity from the first elimination. The losing team will 'lose' one of their team members, who will be voted out by the winning team. So, if you didn't get that, then here it is in bullet point form:

• You must come up with an innovative and creative title for the Born To Die re-release.
  • You must create eight tracks that will feature on the album. They will be added to the 15-track deluxe edition. You have to explain the idea behind each track. Think outside of the box. Can you come up with the writers & producers of the tracks? You cannot use titles from any of Lana's released or unreleased music.
  • Explain the ideas and themes of the re-release.
  • You must also explain the lead single from the album, and tell me why you think Lana would choose it as the lead single.

Each member of each group must message me their entries. This challenge is not a group challenge, each contestant must submit their own unique submission. However, teams are allowed to message each other about different ideas etc... Team Leaders are responsible for making sure that nobody falls behind and that each member of their team submits an entry on time (Unless that member can't complete the task because of real life emergency circumstances.) I will then, in this thread, post each contestants entry with feedback and my score out of 10. The team with the most combined individual points will be the winners. The team with the least combined individual points will be the losers and will be at risk of being eliminated.

Also, the winning teams entry will be used in future challenges throughout the competition.

Results

The Trailer Park Darlings scored = 7 points!

Matttiern (7), Arzi (0), Medo (0)

The Ride Or Die Bitches scored = 26 points!

Hey Lucas Hey (8), Mommy's Mercedes (8), SitarHero (10)

Children Of The Bad Revolution scored = 20 points!

Neal (10), HunterAshlyn (10)

The GoGo Dancers scored = 20 points!

GaGaOopsy (5), PaigeDelRey (7), Hundred Dollar Bill (8)

Which means that the Ride Or Die Bitches are this weeks winners and are therefore immune from elimination!

Commiserations to this weeks losers, The Trailer Park Darlings.

Winning team: The Ride Or Die Bitches (26)

Losing team: The Trailer Park Darlings (7)

Eliminated player: Medo (0)

tumblr_mbs9cbxgQB1qh9kaoo1_500.gif

I really love the idea behind this challenge. I write my own songs and have plenty of titles at my disposal already so this shouldn't be too hard, just gotta work with the Lana themes. Good luck to everyone!

Edit: in choosing the writer(s) for the songs we come up with, could we possibly pick ourselves and just submit our lyrics or something?

14417469274.gif

HDB you can use your own songtitles and you can put yourself down as the writer. But guys please.DO NOT submit lyrics along with your entries, or artwork. You'll find out why later. Also make sure you tick off each thing on the list so that you have.included everything that is being asked.

I have one entry so far, wow you guys are speedy.

Can i opt out, It is not good timing!!! D:

I am having exam this week :(

Sure. I have took you out of the competition & moved Medo into The Trailer Park Darlings so now everything is equal.

Sure. I have took you out of the competition & moved Medo into The Trailer Park Darlings so now everything is equal.

thank you so much for understanding...

Sf3ci.png

Thanks Riley.

I have another question!

Since this is for the rerelease of BTD, do we make the album title Born to Die: (Insert Our Title Here) or a new album name entirely?

Edit: another another question.

Since there is the supposed cover of Blue Velvet to be on her rerelease, can we have her do a cover of a different song on our own tracklist? Or would we lose points for filling space with a not-entirely-original song idea?

14417469274.gif

Thanks Riley.

I have another question!

Since this is for the rerelease of BTD, do we make the album title Born to Die: (Insert Our Title Here) or a new album name entirely?

Edit: another another question.

Since there is the supposed cover of Blue Velvet to be on her rerelease, can we have her do a cover of a different song on our own tracklist? Or would we lose points for filling space with a not-entirely-original song idea?

Good question. Firstly, you can choose whatever title you like. But, as it is continuing where BTD left off, it may be a good idea to include it in your title in some shape or form.

Secondly, you can include at least one cover on your tracklist, you won't lose points for it, but anymore than one is too much :)

HDB you can use your own songtitles and you can put yourself down as the writer. But guys please.DO NOT submit lyrics along with your entries, or artwork. You'll find out why later. Also make sure you tick off each thing on the list so that you have.included everything that is being asked.

I have one entry so far, wow you guys are speedy.

I think maybe if you could give us a 'lorem ipsum dolor' example of how the entry should be so we have a uniformed format?

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

I think maybe if you could give us a 'lorem ipsum dolor' example of how the entry should be so we have a uniformed format?

I want to leave it to you guys. I want to see how you guys can follow a set of guidelines whilst being creative & imaginative & free at the same time. There isn't any right or wrong answer either, it's all your interpretation as long as you include what's meant to be included & exclude things that aren't. I also want each entry to be unique, and with the 2 entries I have so far, which are great, I think we have that.

^ :)

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

They're PM'd to you? What, I want to see them :imbeingsarcasticbitch2:

If I can't be a part, I will be fully swept up in the spirit of competition :excited:

They're PM'd to you? What, I want to see them :imbeingsarcasticbitch2:

If I can't be a part, I will be fully swept up in the spirit of competition :excited:

Yes, but once i have all the entries on the closing date, then I'll post them all here with my feedback & scores.

Okay guys, I have 4/13 entries so far, which is great. But the other 9 contestants who haven't messaged me their entry only have 4 days to submit! If you don't submit, then you run risk of being the first to be eliminated... How embarrassing :wtf: