Sign in to follow this  
Nino

Miley Cyrus covers Summertime Sadness

It certainly doesn't sound anything like the original (that's why it's a cover) and doesn't feature any Lana-esque elements (not a big fan of the Miley's vocal style) but the most annoying thing about this performance is the background vocals. I mean, really?  :pls: Sounds like a bunch of gurfriends cheerfully singing along to their favourite song played on special radio program whilst having a sleepover. 

Yes but the important thing is that she doesn't sing better than Lana and that's why people are saying it sucks. Because she doesn't sing better than Lana, and it does suck.

:w8ing:

I know Miley cant sing Summertime Sadness as good as Lana. But is she really a better singer than Miley?

If Lana sounds better to you then thats great, we all have different taste, Lana is a soprano which means her natural voice is high and girly, Miley is the complete opossite being the deep voice of a woman, a contralto, so we cant really compare this two, at all, but i will for you. Every singer has their weakness and I dont wanna bash Lana, but shes not a better vocalist than Miley.

Dont you see Miley hitting those effortless Summertime Sadness low notes. Lana hits that note once every 50 performances because she lacks control of this part of her voice. Kinda like Britney whos voice is deep but always sings high thats why she ruined her voice and sounded really bad live, lana sings lower than she can and she may destroy her voice.

Lanas voice live doesnt fit with her studio, her technique suddenly dissapears in the stage and it all turns to a mess, low, middle and high notes, and I know shes very aware of that. She has NO CONTROL of her voice.

Miley controls low and middle perfectly. Her highs are good, and bonus she reaches crazy high tones. Lanas tone is more pleasant too most people, but she cant sing like Miley at all. Miley has better control and power.

Lana has great potential, if she had control of her voice imagine all the crazy beautiful stuff she would do. But she doesnt have it, which is ok with all fans of her, we love her anyway, but I have to stop you when you say

Lana sings better than Miley. Each have their weaknesses but Lana is far from being a skilled vocalist.

Keep in mind I'm old enough to be your... fabulously attractive, youthful aunt  :hooker:

My aunt is actually pretty youthful and attractive, so maybe you are my aunt.  :hdu:

Lana hits that note once every 50 performances because she hates performing and becomes a nervous wreck on stage.

FIFY. 

14417469274.gif

JESUS CHRIST I KNOW SHES NERVOUS

Listen, she doesnt sing better than Miley Cyrus, NO FUCKING WAY. Understand that im not bashing Lana, Im just saying Miley has better control over her voice, are you so deaf to notice that? I prefer Lanas voice too and yes I think her voice is special and only a gifted woman can sound the way she does, but Lanas skill as a vocalist is not very good.

If you want to be a singer you have to SING, you cant avoid performing or singing your songs it doesnt work that way, each day Lana is better at performing, but RIGHT NOW Miley can easily oversing her.

Listen, she doesnt sing better than Miley Cyrus, NO FUCKING WAY. Understand that im not bashing Lana, Im just saying Miley has better control over her voice, are you so deaf to notice that? I prefer Lanas voice too and yes I think her voice is special and only a gifted woman can sound the way she does, but Lanas skill as a vocalist is not very good.

If you want to be a singer you have to SING, you cant avoid performing or singing your songs it doesnt work that way, each day Lana is better at performing, but RIGHT NOW Miley can easily oversing her.

Miley has a heavier voice than Lana, but that doesn't mean she can control her voice better. 

You should calm down though, there's no reason to get so visibly upset. 

14417469274.gif

Miley has a heavier voice than Lana, but that doesn't mean she can control her voice better.

You should calm down though, there's no reason to get so visibly upset.

Im not upset, thats just the way I write. And Miley doesnt only sing low notes well, she can go higher than Lana with her head voice and be resonant, she can belt out very high notes (which means she can "scream" notes like Kelly Clarkson, Demi Lovato, Aretha Franklin, Celine Dion high), Miley can also sustain this high notes for a "long" time and perform melismas in her songs easily. To do all of this stuff you need good breath support and comfortable throat/tongue/jaw position, Lana doesnt know how to do this because shes never had someone to teach her how or at least thats what she says.

Im not upset, thats just the way I write. And Miley doesnt only sing low notes well, she can go higher than Lana with her head voice and be resonant, she can belt out very high notes (which means she can "scream" notes like Kelly Clarkson, Demi Lovato, Aretha Franklin, Celine Dion high), Miley can also sustain this high notes for a "long" time and perform melismas in her songs easily. To do all of this stuff you need good breath support and comfortable throat/tongue/jaw position, Lana doesnt know how to do this because shes never had someone to teach her how or at least thats what she says.

Responding in all caps and implying that I'm deaf because I don't agree with you? Yes, tell me more about how you weren't upset. :w8ing: 

14417469274.gif

Responding in all caps and implying that I'm deaf because I don't agree with you? Yes, tell me more about how you weren't upset. :w8ing:

And AGAIN you ignore my important arguments about the discussion and take only what matters to you. NICE TRY TROLL. IM DONE WITH YOU. :©)

I think she sounds really good, people need to think more about the actual music then opinions on whose singing, I cant stand Miley but who cares, she does the song very well, of course i prefer Lana's but i think it's stupid when ppl put down other artists music just because of an opinion of the artist singing jst listeeennnn to the songggg u kno it's good

dlnh8i.gif

I liked it. It's the ultimate complement to Lana that Miley covered it. I really don't think Miley has an overly nasal sound to her voice.

But Miley is not Roman Catholic. How can you think she can cover a song by a Roman Catholiic. Isnt that a sin?

glgcDdT.gif

I know Miley cant sing Summertime Sadness as good as Lana. But is she really a better singer than Miley?

If Lana sounds better to you then thats great, we all have different taste, Lana is a soprano which means her natural voice is high and girly, Miley is the complete opossite being the deep voice of a woman, a contralto, so we cant really compare this two, at all, but i will for you. Every singer has their weakness and I dont wanna bash Lana, but shes not a better vocalist than Miley.

Dont you see Miley hitting those effortless Summertime Sadness low notes. Lana hits that note once every 50 performances because she lacks control of this part of her voice. Kinda like Britney whos voice is deep but always sings high thats why she ruined her voice and sounded really bad live, lana sings lower than she can and she may destroy her voice.

Lanas voice live doesnt fit with her studio, her technique suddenly dissapears in the stage and it all turns to a mess, low, middle and high notes, and I know shes very aware of that. She has NO CONTROL of her voice.

Miley controls low and middle perfectly. Her highs are good, and bonus she reaches crazy high tones. Lanas tone is more pleasant too most people, but she cant sing like Miley at all. Miley has better control and power.

Lana has great potential, if she had control of her voice imagine all the crazy beautiful stuff she would do. But she doesnt have it, which is ok with all fans of her, we love her anyway, but I have to stop you when you say

Lana sings better than Miley. Each have their weaknesses but Lana is far from being a skilled vocalist.

I agree with a lot of what you said.  MIley has better technique and in theory is a better singer. I say theory because let's be honest here TONE plays a great part in being a great singer that people actually wants to hear you sing. Lana on that note takes the cake easily. The sound of her voice is hypnotizing, is smooth like silk.  Take someone like Jessie J one of the singers with the highiest range out there yet having great singing abilities not always means you are a great singer. Miley got me with BANGERZ which I think is a really good album with a couple incredible songs. FU, Rooting for my baby, Wrecking Ball and 4x4 imo  are just precious. I also agree Lana lakes technique she needs to improve asap not only for her live presentations get better but because she will fuck up her beautiful voice and no one wants that.

IMO after watching her concerts here in Brazil I can see that Lana was made to sing in small arenas for 2.000 people. Like those 60' incredible jazz singers. Her lake of techniqiue and control shows in concerts like the one in São Paulo where the crowd over powered her voice.

I think is a lot of factors that make Miley's abilities show more in live concerts than Lana's. Lana gets clearly veryyyy nervous. Her face in the opening of Planeta Terra was pricelesss "Oh fuck are you kidding me?" hahahaha. ANyway she takes a deep breath and keeps singing. Miley doesn't feel nervous and is in full power live which shows even more how her technique is better since she doesn't seem nervous at all. Miley on the other hand needs to work in her nasal sounding voice which is annoying sometimes. In the end both are great just need to work a little in certain detalis

In resume @hundredBill and you are both right just with different perspectives IMO

I agree with on that as well. Amuses me how short her set is. I was starting to think Lana has a memory problem and can only fit a couple songs on that brilliant mind of hers. How she is not prepared to sing the entire album amuses me.

glgcDdT.gif

Miley and Lana are both great and have their vocal abilities - I love both voices - also think you can't compare both to each other. Miley did great, but I think I prefer 'SS' sung by Lana.

------------------------------------

And once in a while, if a live performance doesn't sound that good, that doesn't mean the singer was bad, sometimes you can blame it on a shitty location + acoustic + those guys who operate the mixing (control) desk at concerts and TV shows.

Find it interesting that some here say Miley sounds nasally. To me, she simply always had a deep voice.

So, Lana will cover Miley now, or what? :thumb: