lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

Beautiful Art-Nouveau statuette ... 

I mean whats the story behind this sculpture ? her emotion... Ultraviolence cover´d be within its theme. Or should Lana use it just because its pretty ?

I can't help but think that Lana's music would be better if she didn't sing with her lower register so much...

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

I can't help but think that Lana's music would be better if she didn't sing with her lower register so much...

Yeah, it sounds forced and like she's struggling to keep her voice so low sometimes. She also struggles live because of this. I also can't imagine that being good for her voice in the long run.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I mean whats the story behind this sculpture ? her emotion... Ultraviolence cover´d be within its theme. Or should Lana use it just because its pretty ?

Oh I see what you mean, and I agree, I don't quite see the link. I mean it could work, but to me (who doesn't yet know the mood of the album of course) it doesn't suit the title ... If she had piercing eyes and that a sort of malevolence came from the statue then maybe, yeah (although it might sound and look a bit witch-like).

I agree, I mean I like Yayo (Paradise version) and Burning Desire for example, they're a nice side of her voice but I wouldn't want her to use too often ... 

Also, I feel when I listen to certain songs (especially the lower register ones) that her lips are "heavy" ... I don't know how to describe it, but it's like she's singing with a hot potato in her mouth ... 

Blasphemy ?

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

Oh I see what you mean, and I agree, I don't quite see the link. I mean it could work, but to me (who doesn't yet know the mood of the album of course) it doesn't suit the title ... If she had piercing eyes and that a sort of malevolence came from the statue then maybe, yeah (although it might sound and look a bit witch-like).

I agree, I mean I like Yayo (Paradise version) and Burning Desire for example, they're a nice side of her voice but I wouldn't want her to use too often ... 

Also, I feel when I listen to certain songs (especially the lower register ones) that her lips are "heavy" ... I don't know how to describe it, but it's like she's singing with a hot potato in her mouth ... 

Blasphemy ?

I think Zdislav Beksinski´s art would be more appropriate

zdislav-beksinski-untitled-1346007356_b.

b86dce7cb24f3a441cf22814e7dffc7a.jpg

Beksinski_1979.jpg

Beksinski2.jpg

Wouldnt something like this slay our lives? :diva:

I keep envisioning UV as sounding like Fleetwood Mac meets Chelsea Wolfe meets later-era Talk Talk

How awesome would that be?

But I feel like people are taking the term "ultraviolence" far too literally. Lana is most likely using it in a metaphoric sense to represent a doomed relationship.

ugly ugly ugly everthing Lana does is Beautiful don't forget that

Ultraviolence. And its not ugly. Excuse you. And Im not here for sweet prettiness, not this era. 

tumblr_mblhd058rN1qkdght.gif

I've got to agree with mickos57 and the others, I don't think it fits Lana's vision (I you can't picture it in front of palm trees wearing a party dress, forget it lol)

Plus, I think we're taking the word "unlistenable" far too literally ... 

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

I think Zdislav Beksinski´s art would be more appropriate

Wouldnt something like this slay our lives?  :diva:

Beksinski is one of my favorite artists (was a bit suprised to see his stuff here tbh) And I think his art is beautiful, but I don't really see how it fits with Lana/Ultraviolence... that is, if you're using them as literal examples.

Probably because I fully expect Lana to be ON the album cover looking flawless (but not necessarily "pretty").

Vibe/ambiance-wise, I can see where you're going.

masque2wr2.jpg

Ultraviolence. And its not ugly. Excuse you. And Im not here for sweet prettiness, not this era. 

tumblr_mblhd058rN1qkdght.gif

It is "ugly" though, but also beautiful in a way they'll never understand  :eartha2:

:smokes2:

N0XxYmt.jpg

Would you be here for Lana sporting new hairstyles for the new album cycles, like other Pop girls are doing?

I personally wouldn't mind her going back to her Auburn tones, she was so pretty like that.

Although if BB is on the album her current color does make sense I guess.... :sadcore:

Would you be here for Lana sporting new hairstyles for the new album cycles, like other Pop girls are doing?

I personally wouldn't mind her going back to her Auburn tones, she was so pretty like that.

Although if BB is on the album her current color does make sense I guess.... :sadcore:

I loved her hair so much in the BtD music video, but the dark brown really suits her as well and would be very appropriate for the new album, so I'm torn. 

lanadelrey.jpg

img-569885-lana-del-rey20131205161386268