lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

Tbh I'm getting kind of nervous about this album just from all the little information that we have.

Unlistenable??? Like what does that even mean. If someone said 'yeah you gotta check this out dude its unlistenable' like who wants that?

The video snippet she posted doesn't exactly show what 'future jazz' might sound like based on the way she was moving, but future jazz could mean anything coming from Lana.

Also with the video snippet, I remember hearing some vague pan flute noises which really scares me.

Idk I'm just extremely skeptical. I love all of Lana's old stuff and I'm glad she's branching out into new genres and all, but I'm afraid I won't like this one.

The 7-piece live band scared me a little tbh. To me Ultraviolence would imply trip-hop beats and a huge "cinematic" orchestra in terms of production (like OTTR or You and Me)...not a little jazz-rock band. But whatever, I mean it's new Lana stuff so I'd love it even if it was horrible and truly "unlistenable" anyway. /side eyes Betty Boop Boop/

there is a light & it never goes out

The 7-piece live band scared me a little tbh. To me Ultraviolence would imply trip-hop beats and a huge "cinematic" orchestra in terms of production (like OTTR or You and Me)...not a little jazz-rock band. But whatever, I mean it's new Lana stuff so I'd love it even if it was horrible and truly "unlistenable" anyway. /side eyes Betty Boop Boop/

The band slightly excited me because when I heard that I just started hearing TOSTB in my head. Although I think a 7 piece band is a few too many for TOSTB like music lol.

Tbh an album like that would just..  :cumming:

I could be totally wrong about this, but "future jazz" does not strike me as a made up genre by Lana, but more that she wanted to say: "This is some future jazz" in the spirit of "this is coming out soon, sometime in the near future" :creep:

THIS is exactly what I thought

Tbh, I think peopke are looking into it too seriously

The band slightly excited me because when I heard that I just started hearing TOSTB in my head. Although I think a 7 piece band is a few too many for TOSTB like music lol.

TOSTB??? What's dat?

TOSTB??? What's dat?

TOSTB??? What's dat?

I AM MY ONLY GOD

I could be totally wrong about this, but "future jazz" does not strike me as a made up genre by Lana, but more that she wanted to say: "This is some future jazz" in the spirit of "this is coming out soon, sometime in the near future" :creep:

I'm totally with you on this.  :smile:

At first i was thinking, omg that picture is the album cover? and then i thinking c'mon is obviously not! I think is just a picture who lana post for fun... and future jazz? maybe a song?

tumblr_mu23eoC2GO1rfsim9o9_500.gif

This album has had so many adjectives describe it, nothing feels substantial to me until the album comes out. Before we know it, someone will call it 'cute' and then we'll continue scratching our heads.

THIS is exactly what I thought

Tbh, I think peopke are looking into it too seriously

But why would she use "jazz future" to describe "it's coming soon"? She could just captioned the picture with "soon" anyway. Jazz future it's definitely not a common word, it's a very specific term she decided to use. It's not a made up term either, which is very intriguing.

Oh my God, is this the cover?

BkBnjZPCIAA6q3I.jpg

We've all seen the picture before, but  :worship:

Future Jazz!!!!! fuck that shit I'm out of here

If I went to jail, at least I wouldn't have to sign autographs

"jazz" is just a term for like random shit isn't it? i.e i wanted tacos so i bought some cheese and tequila and "all that jazz" 

i wouldn't put any stock into it. lana not only loves to fuck with people's heads, but rather than saying "soon" she has to be ~unique and ~creative and ~mysterious in how she goes about it 

or maybe she just thinks of 'jazz' as an umbrella term for "cool" music. a genre that's known for being transgressive and non-linear (i.e "unlistenable") 

angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection

to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night,

who poverty and tatters and hollow-eyed and high sat up smoking

in the supernatural darkness of cold-water flats floating across the tops of  

cities contemplating jazz

i think she feels as if jazz is one of those 'cerebral' forms of music; something to ~contemplate and something to analyze. one of those unusual genres that isn't appreciated or accepted by the masses and therefore something she doesn't mind drawing comparisons to. so maybe there are jazz elements or maybe its just another "cool" way to describe things 

lana is creative but paradoxically, somewhat superficial so its hard to tell with her

ZRBNill.jpg

Or she just recently sold her soul. Ya know, it all starts with jazz music, then booze, sex, and satan   :creepna:  I mean, Rob even pointed out the earthquakes. It's rapture. May 1st. Grab your crucifix, bible, and copy of Ultraviolence :troll: