lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

Sebbe, on 17 Apr 2014 - 11:02 AM, said:

"...he hit me and it felt like a kiss..." :excited:

I adore Beautiful Player, would love for it to make the album. But honestly I don't think that will be the case... As we all know, Lana is good at reusing lyrics (no critic), so I personally think she is referring to a new song.

That's a Carol King song from like over 50 years ago, which Courtney covered 20 years ago. Lana is getting so predictable it's actually starting to piss me off :facepalm: Cliché

If I went to jail, at least I wouldn't have to sign autographs

There are certain phrases that I know I will get shit for, but that feels very right for me. I sing , for example, "he hit me and it felt like a kiss", a feeling I love.

To summarize:  :O  at the Beautiful Player lyric!?

As we all know, Lana is good at reusing lyrics (no critic), so I personally think she is referring to a new song.

hopefully she's just reusing lyrics.

Ha, that would be a very Lana thing to do. Reuse lyrics that weren't even original in the first place:

Lana, of course you're going to get shit for that in 2014. Radio stations stopped playing that song because people protested when it came out in 1962, an era when domestic violence was more acceptable.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I stumbled across this short article in a swedish newspaper called Metro, with a supposedly exclusive interview with Lana. Google translate did most of the job, so don't expect a qualitative linguistic experience. I think I've corrected the worst parts though. 

New album and new single - Lana Del Rey has had a clear goal . - I've been looking for a druggy swing , she says in an exclusive interview with Metro.

Lana Del Rey's face is lit up by the glow of the cigarette lighter.
Curled up on the patio in her bungalow, with legs resting on the arm of the chair , her hand cupped around the flame , leaning her head back, closing her eyes and blowing out the smoke.

It has been a hectic day . This weekend's tour premiere at Coachella ( "one of the greatest moments of my life" ) was followed up on Monday with the release of new single West Coast .

- It's not an obvious single. It's got a sexy drive in the verses,  but a slow chorus. A druggy swing. And I like the lyrics "down on the west coast they got a saying , if you're not drinking then you're not playing ." It's about the energy in California , which has become a great inspiration for me.

The song is the first taste from the upcoming album "Ultraviolence" . Recorded in Nashville and produced by The Black Keys' Dan Auerbach, it wears all the the Lana Del Rey characteristics . Heart and soul. Destructiveness and beauty. A melodic darkness where suggestive guitars intermingles with romantic ballads.

- Everyone said "next album has to be bigger and better" after which I replied "no, it needs to be more personal ." There are certain phrases that I know I will get shit for, but that feels very right for me. I sing , for example, "he hit me and it felt like a kiss", a feeling I love. You know when you think it's love, but it 's so passionate that it becomes aggressive . It is an attractive quality to me. In a world where everyone is bored , I like people with emotion.

To summarize:  :O  at the Beautiful Player lyric!?

woah nice catch leo! reading the article as we speak  :O

i honestly just think she's recycling, but we'll find out for sure soon enough

EQFO7rX.png

I don't think it will be Beautiful Player or this The Crystals song. Lana uses the same lyrics in different songs a lot and I highly doubt she would do a cover of a song and say it was her lyric.

I don't even care what's on it I just want the record now  :crying5:

l2Sq4K7gijMLVChUI.gif

When Courtney refers to it as sick she means it's fucking stupid, I wonder how many more ways Lana can try and rip the Cobain's whilst getting it so fucking wrong

When Courtney refers to it as sick she means it's fucking stupid, I wonder how many more ways Lana can try and rip the Cobain's whilst getting it so fucking wrong

Why are you getting so worked up over something so irrelevant? lol

tbh i really don't think lana will use any of her old songs for UV. it just doesn't seem like her, and i think if she wanted to do "black beauty" or "hollywood" or any of those, she would have by now.

they call you CRY BABY, CRY BABY / but you don't fucking care!!

The fact that she's reusing a lyric that Courtney has sung doesn't mean she has to have the same interpretation of it as Courtney.

Why are you getting so worked up over something so irrelevant? lol

I'm not worked up over something so irrelevant I always though you needed to get a good beating to actually feel attracted to someone and to reassure you they had emotions  :lmao:

The fact that she's reusing a lyric that Courtney has sung doesn't mean she has to have the same interpretation of it as Courtney.

Yeah she clearly doesn't cause she being a dumb bitch

It's not like anybody will force you to listen to it.

Yeah I won't buy the shit either

Ugh doing the most as always

I'm not worked up over something so irrelevant I always though you needed to get a good beating to actually feel attracted to someone and to reassure you they had emotions  :lmao:

Yeah she clearly doesn't cause she being a dumb bitch

Yeah I won't buy the shit either

Is this the beginning of the first meltdown we are witnessing this era? Pls, go on...I am eager to read more...

But it's not even Courtney's song.... it's a cover. There's no need to get angry, really...

i am nothing and should be everything