lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

I can't find Lana in the iTunes column browser, did anyone see the writing credits for Is This Happiness?

Herself and Rick Nowels iirc

And writers for Flipside? Are they revealed? There are no writers on wiki

Edit: I've seen it already :D

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

So the Tracks with explict-content will be Cruel World, Brooklyn Baby, Pretty When You Cry (wonder what will be explict about this one, or if it just will be something like "f*cking crazy"), F*cked My Way up To The Top (suprise!) and  Is This Happiness. All the other ones, including "Flipside" will be "clean", at least concerning the words she uses ^^

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

So the Tracks with explict-content will be Cruel World, Brooklyn Baby, Pretty When You Cry (wonder what will be explict about this one, or if it just will be something like "f*cking crazy"), F*cked My Way up To The Top (suprise!) and  Is This Happiness. All the other ones, including "Flipside" will be "clean", at least concerning the words she uses ^^

I'm assuming Pretty When You Cry will be a VAST cover (and I'm dying at the thought of it, I mean the song was literally made for Lana) - it has the lyrics 'I didn't want to f*ck you baby, I didn't want to f*ck you but you're pretty when you're mine'. 

I was kind of hoping Ultraviolence would be explicit though.

So on twitter I just saw the Japanese itunes will be gettin both Flipside and Is This Happiness tracks. Flipside is going to be a long one! Like over 5 minutes. They're lucky.

He loves me with every beat of his cocaine heart.

So I saw that 'cold cash divine, cashmere, cologne and white sunshine' UV promo poster on tumblr and couldn't find it anywhere in hq so I made this bc it's just so gorgeous and ultraviolent.

tumblr_n6c6vrHtDi1sjlxkco1_500.jpg

I'm assuming Pretty When You Cry will be a VAST cover (and I'm dying at the thought of it, I mean the song was literally made for Lana) - it has the lyrics 'I didn't want to f*ck you baby, I didn't want to f*ck you but you're pretty when you're mine'. 

PWYC was written by Lana and her guitarist tho... so it's safe to say it's not a cover

its not

When I think about it, Pretty When You Cry could easily be slightly sappy, or something really dark. I almost imagine it along the lines of Ultraviolence ("he hit me and it felt like a kiss") where there could be explicit abuse and someone is getting physical (or verbal) and telling her she's prettier when she's crying. I dunno. But I think it could potentially be monstrously fucked up.

When I think about it, Pretty When You Cry could easily be slightly sappy, or something really dark. I almost imagine it along the lines of Ultraviolence ("he hit me and it felt like a kiss") where there could be explicit abuse and someone is getting physical (or verbal) and telling her she's prettier when she's crying. I dunno. But I think it could potentially be monstrously fucked up.

Well, even if it may sound weird, I really want songs like this on the album. I mean, it's called Ultraviolence, so it shouldn't bee all fun and games and just about "failed relationships" or something. UV itself .. yeah, it fits the theme, but I want more songs with "ultraviolent" topics, so Lana shows us she's not always the flower-crown-wearing girl with lovesongs.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!