lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

Not sure if this falls under this thread -

How many copies do you think UV will sell in the US during its first week? Think we can make her #1? :]

I'm not good at estimating sales but probably 200-300K? The album is highly-anticipated for both critics and public. Jennifer Lopez releases her album the same week but I don't know if she's a good album seller, right now there aren't any great predictions for her so probably  :ohno: 

2wn4whw.png

I had a dream that the Dutch version of UV had AFFA instead of Black Beauty. It had new lyrics and everything, with the Auerbach production. It was sooo good, too bad I forgot the lyrics  :defeated:

I had a dream that the Dutch version of UV had AFFA instead of Black Beauty. It had new lyrics and everything, with the Auerbach production. It was sooo good, too bad I forgot the lyrics  :defeated:

That would be sooo amazing, but I don't want new lyrics, the lyrics to AFFA are already perfect to me,

but imagine if we really do get AFFA as a bonus track  :flutter:

I'm not good at estimating sales but probably 200-300K? The album is highly-anticipated for both critics and public. Jennifer Lopez releases her album the same week but I don't know if she's a good album seller, right now there aren't any great predictions for her so probably :ohno:

Lol,,I did not even know about J Lo's new album. I had heard about Linkin Park but don't think anything else that interested.

I think Lana's is the most buzzed about for sure! I think it might sell close to 200k. Black Keys sold 164k during thier debut for #1, which is "kinda close" in sound to what Lana's been doing.

party.gif?w=1100

The iTunes preview notes that Lana reflects on "the corruption of money and power." This has always been a theme that interested her, but I hope it is more explicit in this song than, say, NA. Many people, like a certain emo kiwi, misinterpreted those lyrics to mean that she was bragging about a hedonistic lifestyle.

I hope Lana sticks with Dan's gorgeous, thoughtful production. She's too good for the overproduced, disingenuous-feeling work that's so popular right now.

He won the Grammy for Producer of the Year for a reason.

I'm a little worried about Kurstin being on the album, but he has done a good job with Foster the People, Lykke Li, Santigold, and Marina before. I also like the songs he did for Lily Allen and Beyonce.

The Grammys haven't meant much in the past years though. I'm loving his production but I don't get why if someone isn't a fan, they'll say "well he has a Grammy so you're wrong!!" Lol

The Grammys haven't meant much in the past years though. I'm loving his production but I don't get why if someone isn't a fan, they'll say "well he has a Grammy so you're wrong!!" Lol

I feel lik the Grammys have been extremely pathetic these couple of years like you said, but they still have some credible awards when it comes to technicalities and stuff. I think Dan is a great producer, and it's fine for someone not to like his production and style, but saying things like he's a shit producer and that he has no idea how to mix vocals or mix songs isn't exactly the same as saying "I know what Lana and Dan are trying to do, and I'm not a fan of it."

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

Actually, I hope she does not to do anything maajor with Emile ever again. He ruined some of the songs on BTD, well not completly since they are strong enough on their own, but I will never understand the people who are saying that Dan Auerbach is terrible and that he did a terrible job. Emile used the same effects over and over on BTD, he does it on every record he is actually producing. 

FFS, when you don't like a certrain style, don't say that this person is trash, rather say it's just not your cup of tea..

I have a feeling it will leak on the 12th, but I'm gonna avoid properly listening to it until I get it physically

its coming on the 12th actually because the album in Australia is coming on the 12th here. 

Actually, I hope she does not to do anything maajor with Emile ever again. He ruined some of the songs on BTD, well not completly since they are strong enough on their own, but I will never understand the people who are saying that Dan Auerbach is terrible and that he did a terrible job. Emile used the same effects over and over on BTD, he does it on every record he is actually producing. 

FFS, when you don't like a certrain style, don't say that this person is trash, rather say it's just not your cup of tea..

dan auerbach kills emile in every way possible. 

dan auerbach kills emile in every way possible. 

EXCUSE ME?

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg