lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

Old Money was rumored  to be on this album, as was Money, Power, and Glory. So what... there's gonna be two songs with the word money in their title? or?

Lana is a giving person. She made those titles to give Lorde material for her new album. Until now Lorde has this titles:

WC - The L.A Favelas

Old Money - New Poor

Money, Power, Glory - Food Stamps, Discount & 1$ Shop

glgcDdT.gif

Why doesn't lana do an interview with an American journalist so that the American portion of her fan base can be sure everything that was said in the french article was entirely true, it just seems a bit weird she would allow some french guys to hear the whole album and give away some of the track titles on his magazine then completely ignore everyone else desperate for an interview, there's gotta be like two thousand of them in California alone.

This game your playing is not fun, Lana

:notamused:

Yea, I was wondering about that. Why isn't she interviewed in some relevant US magazine or radio about UV? The main goal (commercially) for her growth as an artist is to establish herself on the US market.But unfortunately I don't see that happening. I remember that earlier this year an American radio (I forgot their name) did a mock interview about her when some dude was pretending to be Lana and basically just mocked her for 10 minutes. Well, it isn't just about Lana is about the US media as well. We can safely assert now that the UV promotion is a mess. WC promotion was (and still is) a major failure, she's in the top 10 of the most spectacular drop out from Billboard Hot Top 100 and I don't see WC rebounding with the video or the radio remixes (I have the fool's hope on that happening). I think that the major cause for this weak promotion is that her relationship with her label is strained: her label basically abandoned her after the initial BTD promo and just stood back to see what's happening, they didn't like the Paradise EP, they forced the commercial success of the SS remix even if, today it's clear, that she had a negative attitude (correct in my view) towards that SS remix (yes, it was commercially a success, gave her more exposure but in the same time confused her perception in the GP by totally perverting the original vibe of the song), Interscope didn't participate in her TROPICO project (the entire project was basically financed and promoted by her). That's why I think that we cannot expect other than random interviews and generally a low key promotion of UV which can have some ugly commercial consequences for her (the only reason why a label will drop an artist).

Yea, I was wondering about that. Why isn't she interviewed in some relevant US magazine or radio about UV? The main goal (commercially) for her growth as an artist is to establish herself on the US market.But unfortunately I don't see that happening. I remember that earlier this year an American radio (I forgot their name) did a mock interview about her when some dude was pretending to be Lana and basically just mocked her for 10 minutes. Well, it isn't just about Lana is about the US media as well. We can safely assert now that the UV promotion is a mess. WC promotion was (and still is) a major failure, she's in the top 10 of the most spectacular drop out from Billboard Hot Top 100 and I don't see WC rebounding with the video or the radio remixes (I have the fool's hope on that happening). I think that the major cause for this weak promotion is that her relationship with her label is strained: her label basically abandoned her after the initial BTD promo and just stood back to see what's happening, they didn't like the Paradise EP, they forced the commercial success of the SS remix even if, today it's clear, that she had a negative attitude (correct in my view) towards that SS remix (yes, it was commercially a success, gave her more exposure but in the same time confused her perception in the GP by totally perverting the original vibe of the song), Interscope didn't participate in her TROPICO project (the entire project was basically financed and promoted by her). That's why I think that we cannot expect other than random interviews and generally a low key promotion of UV which can have some ugly commercial consequences for her (the only reason why a label will drop an artist).

you are quite over reacting here, tbh

I think if UV is successful it will make her look better in Interscope's eyes. Hopefully if they do decide to work with her more closely that they won't want to have creative control over every project or video of hers... I wouldn't love that too much.

I am a shark,  beware of my bark

you are quite over reacting here, tbh

For what happened so far I don't think that I'm overreacting. For what will come, maybe, we'll see. I don't think that she'll sell so low that she'll be dropped but she's in the second row at Interscope and she will stay there if UV will not sell well (at least as BTD for the album sales, because with the singles there's no hope). I have greater expectations for her talent than a second row artist at Interscope tbh

An orgasm! Really it was great!

It was pretty quick though.

:agree:

Hey guys! My horse just had an orgasm!

:ohmy:

I'm so proud!

You must be one of these:

tumblr_lxammlvLbP1r3gomwo1_500_zps8d3046

seth_green_is_a_brony_by_lipanel-d3f4xezbrony.jpeg

Nw52Fh.jpg

You must be one of these:

tumblr_lxammlvLbP1r3gomwo1_500_zps8d3046

seth_green_is_a_brony_by_lipanel-d3f4xezbrony.jpeg

Nw52Fh.jpg

:hooker:

mon petit cheval d'orgasmes, ils ne seront jamais si ce n'est notre amour dans le monde humain. notre temps est maintenant, nous allons échapper au soleil couchant, où nos gens vont nous attendre.

ne pas lutter contre votre passion mon amour, vous pouvez exécuter si vous devez, mais je vais vivre pour toujours dans votre coeur.

exemplaire orgasmically, Claudette xxx

This thread right now.

https://soundcloud.com/callmestoopkid/fangirl-freakout

I'll take the WC video asap, I'll take another interview, a UV teaser, ANYTHING so that we can finally have something to actually discuss and talk about rather than get all nasty over. The tension on here got boring back in the Tropico days. Some of you really got to keep your hands off the keyboard for a hot second and chill. Half these fights start because people want to thump on their chest or make antagonistic and passive-aggressive remarks like they're clever and cheeky, and the other half of the fights start because other people fire back rather than acting like the posts are not even there. Both parties need to take a second before they post anything.

This totally came out of left-field but now we've got a page full of Brony shots and talk about horses having orgasms like this is Mr. Hands and 2-Guys-1-Horse all over again because the tension in here got that fucking out-of-hand that we are now enduring the most awkward digression ever.

Please, please, please, someone come up with something discussion-worthy because I am drawing blanks and trying to preserve my sanity.

I was talking about US getting Friday releases, no matter the country she'll need a whole week sales and that's what Interscope will do :P

But Lana is in Germany June 20!

This thread right now.

Listen on Soundcloud.com

I'll take the WC video asap, I'll take another interview, a UV teaser, ANYTHING so that we can finally have something to actually discuss and talk about rather than get all nasty over. The tension on here got boring back in the Tropico days. Some of you really got to keep your hands off the keyboard for a hot second and chill. Half these fights start because people want to thump on their chest or make antagonistic and passive-aggressive remarks like they're clever and cheeky, and the other half of the fights start because other people fire back rather than acting like the posts are not even there. Both parties need to take a second before they post anything.

This totally came out of left-field but now we've got a page full of Brony shots and talk about horses having orgasms like this is Mr. Hands and 2-Guys-1-Horse all over again because the tension in here got that fucking out-of-hand that we are now enduring the most awkward digression ever.

Please, please, please, someone come up with something discussion-worthy because I am drawing blanks and trying to preserve my sanity.

:crying3:

:hdu:

TAIRE VOUSE VAGIN SALÉ!

:scream:

:crying3:

:hdu:

I WONDER WHAT ROMANTIC MUSES WE'RE GONNA FIND ON UV, IF ANY!

:scream:

What a great topic to open up discussion, Liam! Thanks for participating! :mariah:

I'm such a sucker for a lovely ballad and romance tracks; with UV supposedly having a darker disposition about it, I wonder if West Coast is only the tip of the iceberg on the tracklist. It'd be cool to see some Barrie involved in the song themes, but I've been thinking that maybe UV is going to have a more elusive muse. But it'd be interesting to not see any comparisons to past movie/music icons, maybe darker muses like The Lonely Hearts Killers (INB4 MARINA & THE DIAMONDS "LONELY HEARTS CLUB" (even though Martha Beck wasn't exactly a sight for sore eyes.)) That'd be a new spin on Lana's namedrop fun!

What a great topic to open up discussion, Liam! Thanks for participating! :mariah:

I'm such a sucker for a lovely ballad and romance tracks; with UV supposedly having a darker disposition about it, I wonder if West Coast is only the tip of the iceberg on the tracklist. It'd be cool to see some Barrie involved in the song themes, but I've been thinking that maybe UV is going to have a more elusive muse. But it'd be interesting to not see any comparisons to past movie/music icons, maybe darker muses like The Lonely Hearts Killers (INB4 MARINA & THE DIAMONDS "LONELY HEARTS CLUB" (even though Martha Beck wasn't exactly a sight for sore eyes.)) That'd be a new spin on Lana's namedrop fun!

Do not try to silence me, I am a demon from the deepest regions of satan's anus and I will not be stopped on my quest to destroy this forum.

:notamused: