COLACNT

TROPICO ANALYSIS

how did whitman not get any mention in the credits? she used excerpts from "i sing the body electric" in equal amounts as 'howl' if not more

I believe it's because WW is now in public domain which is the date of artists death plus 75 years. That's how all those Pride & Prejudice & Zombies books happened. They're in the public domain so other artists can take and use them frequently and however they like without credit.

I don't mean to open Pandora's box here, but has anyone brought up the "Happy Birthday Mom" Balloon in the trailer yet?

This drove me crazy while watching it too. Cue the conspiracy theory that Lana had a baby again!

I believe it's because WW is now in public domain which is the date of artists death plus 75 years. That's how all those Pride & Prejudice & Zombies books happened. They're in the public domain so other artists can take and use them frequently and however they like without credit.

This drove me crazy while watching it too. Cue the conspiracy theory that Lana had a baby again!

@@Lanakai I've never heard of that conspiracy! But I'm also not gonna lie, I convinced myself for a while that Bel Air was about an abortion...don't ask, please. :runs:

tumblr_mwmhzzO41t1rh5ucqo1_400.jpg

Lizzy and her son K

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

@@FirstSpider I have no idea, to be honest. I feel like you could apply the lyrics to a child just as much as you could a lover. I could go deeper, but I'm not lol

@@Lanakai is that the picture that started the theory? Cause I just assumed that was a picture of Lizzy with the kid she babysat. Now you got me listening to For K. Or did you post that as a joke? I'm confused.

@ no, I don't think that photo started the rumor and there have been frequent ones that she's pregnant 

Well she might as well now though, if she really gets married, no?

IDK, I hope she is not big on the idea of having a kid because I remember she kind of made fun of the idea of it in a radio interview calling it "that thing you are supposed to do" or something like that.

Barrie, be careful plz :creep:

Well she might as well now though, if she really gets married, no?

IDK, I hope she is not big on the idea of having a kid because I remember she kind of made fun of the idea of it in a radio interview calling it "that thing you are supposed to do" or something like that.

Barrie, be careful plz :creep:

I see what you mean. If I was her I wouldn't because we'll she wants to make her life into a work of art etc and I guess it's kinda hard to do that in her sense with a little baby. I don't think she's completely opposed but if do the same if I was her. If I ever had a kid at all.. I don't want them much.. But I'd wait

B8wHSYZ.jpg

I know, but it's an important detail, as meaningful as the fruit being eaten.

i agree with you on this. it wasn't supposed to be allegory, and the non-nakedness seemed like something wrong. they knew too much before they ate the fruit.

@@Lanakai I've never heard of that conspiracy! But I'm also not gonna lie, I convinced myself for a while that Bel Air was about an abortion...don't ask, please. :runs:

wait please please please explain how you thought that!

User-FastFission-brain.gif       let's change our DNA

@ I just feel like the lyrics are not about a lover, but a loved one, like a family member or God. I believed it was about the regret of losing a child in some way, whether it be abortion, adoption, or something else. She, to me, is expressing her longing to someone or something that she knows, but doesn't know very well. After her explanation of the song being about redemption, I think it's about God or a higher power. That's just my take.

@ I just feel like the lyrics are not about a lover, but a loved one, like a family member or God. I believed it was about the regret of losing a child in some way, whether it be abortion, adoption, or something else. She, to me, is expressing her longing to someone or something that she knows, but doesn't know very well. After her explanation of the song being about redemption, I think it's about God or a higher power. That's just my take.

She mentioned in a radio interview that the distant playground noises at the end are meant to symbolize the regaining of innocence.

That is literally all she talked about Bel Air (not counting that: this is the most significant song for me comment on youtube), so maybe it helps with your interpretation :)

For me it means finding sanctuary in another person, and being peaceful/satisfied in that. But of course it is spiritual in a sense, hence the ethereal sound.

She mentioned in a radio interview that the distant playground noises at the end are meant to symbolize the regaining of innocence.

That is literally all she talked about Bel Air (not counting that: this is the most significant song for me comment on youtube), so maybe it helps with your interpretation :)

For me it means finding sanctuary in another person, and being peaceful/satisfied in that. But of course it is spiritual in a sense, hence the ethereal sound.

yeah i see what you're both saying but redemption/regaining of innocence seems way too simple for such a complicated song. is there a thread for bel air where we can move this conversation? the only interpretation i can throw in is that it reminds me a little bit of fordham road, where she says stone mary in the garden. it gives me an impression of her feeling like she needs to compromise her ethics/religion in order to be a nicer woman, but then she looks at the idolized religious figure and then wonders why she desires to be as chaste and unattainable as not mary herself, but of a statue of mary, which in reality is much harder to believe in.

yeah i see what you're both saying but redemption/regaining of innocence seems way too simple for such a complicated song. is there a thread for bel air where we can move this conversation? the only interpretation i can throw in is that it reminds me a little bit of fordham road, where she says stone mary in the garden. it gives me an impression of her feeling like she needs to compromise her ethics/religion in order to be a nicer woman, but then she looks at the idolized religious figure and then wonders why she desires to be as chaste and unattainable as not mary herself, but of a statue of mary, which in reality is much harder to believe in.

It would be cool if there were separate conversation threads for each song so we can fangurl and stan over them endlessly and individually. Sadly that isn't the case yet :whatever:

I like your interpretation, it's really thought out and complex, but do you think Lana is that deep? I mean, her main inspirations are visual, I don't think that she puts that much thought into her songs....but who knows, you could be right :agree2:

It would be cool if there were separate conversation threads for each song so we can fangurl and stan over them endlessly and individually. Sadly that isn't the case yet :whatever:

I like your interpretation, it's really thought out and complex, but do you think Lana is that deep? I mean, her main inspirations are visual, I don't think that she puts that much thought into her songs....but who knows, you could be right :agree2:

haha yeah i read into things too much a lot, but i also have always felt like there was a lot more mystery and unknowable concepts in bel air. it's just weird, you know?

I thought that's what the lyrics threads were for?