Foolish

Tropico named 2nd biggest flop of 2013 by VH1

The VH1 journalist has the same mindset as the persons on this board who writes that "Poolside is better". So sad to see such spiteful comments.

How is that necessarily spiteful? Even fans can have honest opinions (and criticism) without thinking everything she does is "flawless".

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

How is that necessarily spiteful? Even fans can have honest opinions (and criticism) without thinking everything she does is "flawless".

No, not everything that she does is "flawless". But tell me honestly if putting Poolside over Tropico is not mocking her. I like humour and I think it has a place here also. But can't you see the contradictory in wanting her to tour and at the same time ridicule her or putting other artists way above her. I don't want to pick a fight with you and I very much respect the incredible work you have made about her. But please move away from the SNL era when anything awful was ok to say about her. Where I live she has been respected from the start.Remember she's also only a human being, not a robot or mannequin.

No, not everything that she does is "flawless". But tell me honestly if putting Poolside over Tropico is not mocking her. I like humour and I think it has a place here also. But can't you see the contradictory in wanting her to tour and at the same time ridicule her or putting other artists way above her. I don't want to pick a fight with you and I very much respect the incredible work you have made about her. But please move away from the SNL era when anything awful was ok to say about her. Where I live she has been respected from the start.Remember she's also only a human being, not a robot or mannequin.

little monster teas  :fabcat:

I think most people didn't understand Tropico just like most didn't really understand National Anthem (video and song). Calling Tropico, a free web video, one of the biggest flop in music in 2013 makes the joke goes too VH1 not Lana. You cant take someone who calls a free video that had milions of views as a flop tbh. I honestly think many critics in USA treat Lana as a joke not because they criticize her work or because they dont like her music/video but the reasons they use to justify their opinions are quite ridiculous and almost childish. The joke is on them tbh....

I am no Gaga fan but is quite unfair to call Artpop a flop and the biggest flop of 2013. Maybe a flop Gaga standards but not a flop in general. It's also hardly the worst album out in 2013. The 20/20 Experience is so forgettable people dont even give themselves the trouble to call JT on how bad that shit is. 

Also comparing Lana to Gaga and saying Lana wants to channel Gaga is not only inaccurate but very lazy and makes the writer sound very dumb tbh. They have nothing in common and one thing is for sure: Lana doesnt want to channel Gaga in any way lol

glgcDdT.gif

No, I honestly don't think saying Poolside is better than Tropico is necessarily mocking her or trying to be funny. I think it's a perfectly valid opinion that could be sincerely held. I also don't see any contradiction in wanting her to tour more and engaging in honest criticism or evaluating other artists more favorably. For the record, I don't think anything awful is OK to say about her or anyone else (I recently criticized some pretty ugly comments made about Lorde's appearance) although I think there is a place for irreverent humor. However, I don't think anything awful has even been suggested here. Please move away from the mindset where saying anything critical about her is "spiteful".

Despite my reservations about being voted "Best Stan" by this community, I think I'm gonna start abusing that status by making an appeal to my authority every time a Lana-worshipper criticizes their brethren for being insufficiently devout: "Hey, I can be very critical at times, and look at me, I'm the Best Lana Stan!"

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

she's nominated for a nomination along with 74 other songs. the final nominations will be announced on january 16 (4 days after the golden globes) and the awards are on march 2. i think it's likely she will be nominated, she won't even have to compete with adele since she won that award last year and lana's song is probably the soundtrack song that was the most successful in 2013

oh ok thank you! is there anywhere to see the other nominations 

Also comparing Lana to Gaga and saying Lana wants to channel Gaga is not only inaccurate but very lazy and makes the writer sound very dumb tbh. They have nothing in common and one thing is for sure: Lana doesnt want to channel Gaga in any way lol

My God yes. How completely uneducated to assume that because someone creates something that has a strong visual message that it's a Gaga copy, because she invented visuals of course, lets not remember all the people that came before her who shes ripping mind you, not that i care, but if you're going to reference another artist against someone like Lana, it sure as hell isn't Gaga.

ATM Jam and Yung Rapunxel flopped hard

but @@Heaux those are just songs LOL...I mean poor Azealia her album is not even out to flop or not. At least wait to have the album in hands to call her a flop. That critic is beyond misguided IMO. Also Azealia managed to play tons of important festivals and actually do concerts without an album. How can she be a flop???

glgcDdT.gif

but Heaux LOl those are just songs LOL...I mean poor Azealia her album is not even out to flop or not. At least wait to have the album in hands to call her a flop. That critic is beyond misguided IMO. Also Azealia managed to play tons of important festivals and actually do concerts without an album. How can she be a flop???

shes not a flop but her singles were, thats what i meant lel. and tbh the only reasons she got  to play the festivals was because of 212

This is just another sign that journalists within mainstream media - of course particulary within

the entertainment field, has lost all interest in any serious criticism. Then of course the journalist

in question here never heard about Walt Whitman nor Allen Ginsberg. We cannot expect them to judge

any work of art against anything but what they know about. And really I almost prefer it this way.

At least we can discuss and try to judge the merit of Lanas work.