National Anthem

ALLIE X

I'd probably go for all of the least finished tracks because the demos/finished ones likely won't sound that much different than they already do

Someone on here will have to rip them from Spotify though unless she uploads them elsewhere

BzhmW.png

I hope we get Alexandra tbh. :defeated: I loved that song.

My guess is she has some songs locked down on the tracklist (alexandra, too much to dream, old habits, the 2013 song she mentioned and whatnot), and we will get to decide a couple more.

I'm not expecting a whole bunch of demos tbh, we will probably get a couple of different versions and mixes of the same song.

自由になる自由がある

My guess is she has some songs locked down on the tracklist (alexandra, too much to dream, old habits, the 2013 song she mentioned and whatnot), and we will get to decide a couple more.

I'm not expecting a whole bunch of demos tbh, we will probably get a couple of different versions and mixes of the same song.

I want sculpture so bad

<p>nB5x8wk.jpg

Alright, everyone, this is very important. Allie is entrusting her fans with her tracklist, which, though exciting for us, is an A&R NIGHTMARE. I've observed that a fair number of Allie's fans mostly are bop-hungry gays who think Too Much to Dream would be better "if it didn't sound exactly like Melanie Martinez" (which it totally doesn't) and think Prime is better than Catch, which is just hilarious.When we are given the tracks for consideration, we should discuss each possibility at LENGTH, and we have to keep these things in mind when deliberating:

1. This is Allie's sophomore album, technically. Second albums are always make-or-break for an artist's career. It will be partly on us to make sure that Allie doesn't fall into what is called the "sophomore slump".

2. As such, we can't be selfish in our choice of songs. Though CollXtion II doesn't have a clear direction, we have a small sample of what she's going for sonically in OHDH and especially TMTD. She's said CX2 is about being lost and reflecting on yourself, so songs like, say, Love Me Forever probably wouldn't be the best choice. Think "Good" more than "Hello", in terms of sound.

3. This album needs to balance commercial and Xperimental, and cannot be too much or too little of either. Allie is currently most well- known for working with Troye Sivan, and this is her chance to really establish herself as an artist, and a damn good one at that. If there's a song that sounds like one of your favorite artists, but it doesn't sound like an Allie X song, be glad you got the demo and don't suggest it for the tracklist. This album needs to communicate her personality and various talents, vocally, lyrically, instrumentally. Don't be satisfied with the polished and mastered pop songs. If there's a concept demo of something that really may have potential, speak up about it. If there's a sonic outlier that strays from the CX2 mold so far, like a heart-wrenching piano ballad or a song she did with PC Music for example, don't dismiss it on face value. If it's good, suggest it for the tracklist. "Bitch" was a risk to put on CollXtion I, especially following Catch and Prime, but it separated her from the crowd and made people pay attention, I know that's how it was for me at least.

Basically, this is a huge opportunity to help our fav get the success she deserves. Let's do it right. I also wrote this while half asleep on a bus at 6 in the morning, so there's a chance I wrote a bunch of nonsense. Apologies if that's the case. The CollXtion II era is here, everyone!

Very well said. It'll be amazing, no doubt about that.

qYUEsHa.png

what are you all's opinions on songs like "Sculpture" being included on CXII? I definitely want to hear a more polished song, but at the same time I don't want it to take up the spot of another new song since we already have "Sculpture" in some form.

H0bDaqU.gif

what are you all's opinions on songs like "Sculpture" being included on CXII? I definitely want to hear a more polished song, but at the same time I don't want it to take up the spot of another new song since we already have "Sculpture" in some form.

I would want it on the album nonetheless. It fits the theme perfect and the lyrics are genius, a dark pop song like sculpture is perfect. Can't wait to hear the final.

qYUEsHa.png

I really want Sculpture on CXII. It's literally my favorite song by her, I think. I'd love a polished version with better drums and more mastering. It's so good.

lABVyGE.png

I really think she'll post the mix that leaked as the one for consideration

BzhmW.png

just imagining an Allie X version of O Chad.. whew my body is already going #there

I'm pretty sure an ALX version exists, but hasn't leaked

If not, we have the AXA version which I doubt would be that much different

BzhmW.png

only ONE song is coming tonight, guys. They will be released one at a time on Spotify, not all at once.

not at all. allie wants this album out before summer... we're getting 25+ files, she wouldn't waste another month putting out a song at a time... the hype would die after about 3 days anywhere so i'm not sure which of your fat rolls you're pulling this home brewed tea out from under

do we know for sure if we're getting something else tonight?

it's only the early afternoon where allie is, i'm guessing (by her saying "stay up with me tonight") we'll be getting the first upload sometime later in her day since she's gotta be online to witness all this

I'm pretty sure an ALX version exists, but hasn't leaked

If not, we have the AXA version which I doubt would be that much different

there are 2 ALX versions of O Chad... no studio versions have leaked but it was performed twice to my knowledge

first time was the damian taylor rework on march 24 2012 at the garrison

second time was the nautiluss version (chad redux) on july 28 2012 at hillside

https://vimeo.com/46601448