Creyk

Young and Beautiful Vs Once Upon a Dream

Which song slays harder?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which song is better?

• Young and Beautiful
    • Once Upon A Dream

Lana did 2 songs for movies so far, which one do you prefer and why? Which is better?

Y&B has brilliant lyrics, and a fantastic video. Lana said this is the best song she has ever written. The live performances are lovely, and it's easy to relate to the song (well, if you're hot :bored: )

On the other hand Once Upon a Dream is the cover of a Disney classic, the production is interesting and the vocal delivery is really different from Lana's other songs. Also, this is the latest *official* song we got from her. :oic2:

Which do you like more and why? Vote & share! :grinds:

I really love both but I voted for OUAD... even though it's a cover I find it more enchanting, it's so surreal and dark, Im just in love with it.

Y&B is amazing too, but far from her best song/lyrics. The bridge is the best part, the chorus is pretty and iconic but kind of boring after a while.

Btw making soundtracks really fits her, hope she keeps working on them and someday wins an oscar  :flutter:

let the light in, it's a cruel world

OUAD is so haunting and Lana really made that song 'her' way, so I voted for that. I love Y&B a HUGE amount, but I think the lyrics are a bit clumsy sometimes; 'Oh that grace, oh that body/Oh that face, makes me wanna party'.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

My vote goes to Once Upon a Dream. Young & Beautiful is a gorgeous song. but I tired of it quickly after its release and find myself skipping over it when it comes on shuffle. The demo is much easier for me to take, but the original can bore me. Though, in OUAD, her voice is so beautiful; I can't resist it. She makes the song so haunting and I adore it - I constantly crave listening to it. It's one of my all time favourites from Lana :bliss:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I don't really care about the Y&B lyrics as much as everyone else seems to but the production of OUAD is so much better even discounting that.

Guest Dot

Once Upon a Dream. My favourite artists doing a sultry and enchanting cover version of the theme song from Sleeping Beauty, which not only was the perfect song for her to cover, but also because that song really takes me back in time when I was still a little kid watching Disney movies all the time with my mom. :')

I think the fact that Y&B got more attention than it deserves is what makes me not like the song so much. I was really excited when it came out and had it on repeat for a while but I grew tired of it quickly.

I like that the Votes are pretty close, just shows that both songs are really good.

And wow, I'm happy I'm not the only one who recognized how great her voice is in OUAD

I voted for Y&B because the lyrics and the melody are simply beautiful and her voice sounds tragic and happy at the same time.

OUAD is a classic Disney song but even though Lana has written Y&B herself, it sounds also timeless to me.

imo Lana's vocals are awesome in OUAD but Y&B gets me every time. I love to listen to it with my headphones on, in the dark, and with my eyes closed. It gives me this special feeling, I really can't describe it, it's like I'm flying  :sadcore2:

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

Y&B.

That DH orchestra......

wow

It's an Oprah sized "wow."

iuzxz.gif

It's the best thing she's ever done. There's so much life, light, pain, and soul in her voice. It's compelling, and when paired with that orchestra..., my god. You just have to stop and listen. She just won a spot in heaven for that song alone.

And you know, sometimes when I listen to it, I can see myself singing it in-front of an audience with an orchestra behind me. The stage is filled with fog, and I walk out in my Versace suit with gorgeous golden tan, belting my heart out, while brushing my long hair and swaying my hips. I'd make the audience melt.

itykE7bhudZhl.gif

Y&B.

That DH orchestra......

wow

It's an Oprah sized "wow."

iuzxz.gif

It's the best thing she's ever done. There's so much life, light, pain, and soul in her voice. It's compelling, and when paired with that orchestra..., my god. You just have to stop and listen. She just won a spot in heaven for that song alone.

And you know, sometimes when I listen to it, I can see myself singing it in-front of an audience with an orchestra behind me. The stage is filled with fog, and I walk out in my Versace suit with gorgeous golden tan, belting my heart out, while brushing my long hair and swaying my hips. I'd make the audience melt.

itykE7bhudZhl.gif

That is so cute! :heart:

The Orchestral version really is cool, I only listen to it when I watch the Music Video (because I'm addicted to the drums in the studio version :eek:) and It always sounds like a different song.

I love both and I think the bridge in Y&B is one of the best things she have ever done but I voted for OUAD because it's so dark and beautiful... And I'm kinda tired of Y&B because I have listened to it too many times..... When it came out I didn't listen to anything else for weeks......

I AM MY ONLY GOD

I prefer Y&B. OUAD is... nice, but it bores me to tears. Maybe if it was a two-minute song... no no, they needed it in quantity for use in the film, I understand and all... I'm glad she made it, I'm glad I bought it, but I'm just not gonna listen to it much. Meh.

...I think the lyrics are a bit clumsy sometimes; 'Oh that grace, oh that body/Oh that face, makes me wanna party'.

And that is what prevents Y&B from slaying. So that's my real vote. No slayage. :P

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

i LOVE once upon a dream, but young and beautiful is an obsession for me! the lyrics are absolutly amazing, i love everything on the song, it's just perfect

tumblr_mu23eoC2GO1rfsim9o9_500.gif

OUPAD! Young and Beautiful is a nice song, but the lyrics need a little bit of more work, and it's not so special. Lana made OPUAD her own song, I don't usually like covers, but this one is perfect! So haunting and dark...

i am nothing and should be everything