Hi! Mod team is aware of site issues and have contacted Admin :) ×
Divisive Princess

Lana and Vietnam

Does anyone know or care to speculate on what Lana has with Vietnam? She's said that she's the Queen of Saigon (which is an old city in South Vietnam, obviously) in OTTR and in YBIATR she mentions Red River Valley which is partly in Vietnam and I was just wondering what the heck is so special about Vietnam. 

This is just a guess, but Queen of Saigon could be a reference to the Vietnam War, when lots of American soldiers were fighting over there. Pin up girls were very popular with soldiers back in the days and Lana might refer to herself as the pin up queen of all the soldiers hearts and fantasies, making her the Queen of Saigon. Just another of her ways of fetishizing herself in line with "Trailer Park Darling" or "Queen of the Gas Station". 

But yeah, that title is sort of bugging me too, especially as it's in "National Anthem" so I can't help but think if there's a more political meaning to it. 

I know lol I said it was in your band is all the rage

Oh, my bad, sorry. But neither she said she was 'Queen of Saigon' in OTTR (its Queen of Coney Island, actually). She mentions it in National Anthem.

"Boy, you have landed

Babe, in the land of

Sweetness and Danger

Queen of Saigon"

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Does anyone know or care to speculate on what Lana has with Vietnam? She's said that she's the Queen of Saigon (which is an old city in South Vietnam, obviously) in OTTR and in YBIATR she mentions Red River Valley which is partly in Vietnam and I was just wondering what the heck is so special about Vietnam. 

I don't think she's referring to Red River (in Asia), but rather, the actual Red River Valley spanning Canada and the U.S. :creep:

400px-Red-river-basin.png

I live in this shit-hole :creep:

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…