lflflflflflflflflflf

SINGLE: West Coast

Thank God, I hate enough of her material likle Sirens entirely, most of AKA and some fan favourites like Carmen and Million Dollar Man.

If she gave me another Video Games, I would be more than thrilled. And lyrically I really don't know what people are expecting. She is a popwriter. You can have your Sylvia Plath lessons in school.

Thank God, I hate enough of her material likle Sirens entirely, most of AKA and some fan favourites like Carmen and Million Dollar Man.

If she gave me another Video Games, I would be more than thrilled. And lyrically I really don't know what people are expecting. She is a popwriter. You can have your Sylvia Plath lessons in school.

I think she's pretty far from a pop writer, actually. Her writing is more reminiscent of Bob Dylan or Leonard Cohen...and she's a bit like the Sylvia Plath of music :P

She's known for quite often being a profound lyricist and I'm sure it will stay that way with UV

:O GET OUT. AKA AND SIRENS ARE THE BEST THINGS SHE'S EVER PUT OUTTTTT

i don't get the hype, it sounds boring

it sounds like a Paradise Edition reject

I miss her lyrical creativity 

Not un-listenable at all...but that doesn't mean I want to listen to it

I don't think we can judge it on this 15 seconds live snippet we have heard. Maybe the instrumental and the rest of the lyrics will make the song much better!!!

And also I think it's often that the lead single isn't the best song on the record... Fx Ride is the worst song on paradise..

I AM MY ONLY GOD

YES

Calm down. This is a place for people to discuss Lana and give their opinions. I'm not trying to sound rude, but you sound like a 15 year old girl who's best friend doesn't agree with your crush. This thread is for discussion about West Coast. If you want to have this conversation, take it to the appropriate thread.

tumblr_ma0935r5Ds1rbghbvo1_500.gif

AKA is her best album!

I AM MY ONLY GOD

I have a feeling Lana still haven't found inspiration for UV. I mean just in November she kept saying she had a writing problem or that she didn't know how UV was gonna turn out etc...And I'm pretty sure her label pushed her to release it in order to keep her name out there.

She sang a 30 second acapella snippet and y'all are already calling it boring and saying the whole album will be uninspired Lorddddd

tumblr_msfqg0hpqG1sx7kg2o5_250.gif

AKA and Sirens are so much different, yes, but they're not bad. If you don't like them that's your own opinion but honestly, they were really good. Especially Sirens because I think that was the most raw, stripped down album, while it still being very immature with her lyrical writing not being very good, it was still really good. AKA was just an experimental album, imo. While I, with a lot of other fans loved it, a lot didn't, which is why it sunk. I honestly think that if she did another AKA right about now, since her fanbase is growing more and more, she would end up getting a LOT more fans. I liked that, the way Florence & The Machine did.

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

Ok, before I turn this thread into a dragfest and kill-bill every freakin unwashed hipster left and right, lemme tell you this: she has lots of material that different folks enjoy. If you want that borefest of Sirens to slay your life, poor you, but go for it. I most certainly won't use it. The good thing is, that this period is already behind her and she is heading somewhere else, so chances are good that with this release, there could a group of people who will check out. Which is ok, it happens to every artist.

I think she's pretty far from a pop writer, actually. Her writing is more reminiscent of Bob Dylan or Leonard Cohen...and she's a bit like the Sylvia Plath of music :P

She's known for quite often being a profound lyricist and I'm sure it will stay that way with UV

I'm not sure profound is the right word for Lana's lyrics in the same context as Dylan and Cohen. Dylan and Cohen are political artists, I don't think her writing is anything like theirs

If I went to jail, at least I wouldn't have to sign autographs