lflflflflflflflflflf

SINGLE: West Coast

Hmm... the garden of Eden was in the east. That's not necessarily just a geographical detail. There's the symbolism of the sun rising and setting, light and dark.

Thanks for pointing that out! This could be important. Also makes sense, new era etc?

Don't quote me.

Excuse me?

Hmm... the garden of Eden was in the east. That's not necessarily just a geographical detail. There's the symbolism of the sun rising and setting, light and dark.

Hmm you do know we evolved from primates and woman was not made from the rib of man.

If I went to jail, at least I wouldn't have to sign autographs

I hate AKA and Sirens too.

Born to Die and Paradise are so much better.

My opinion. Don't judge me.  :heart:

oh once upon a time i thought this...... 

the complete opposite for me now. I wonder if you'll change like i did, lol

I just don't see the comparison, they are both very post war political writers, whereas Lana's writing is more about 'her' personal issues particularly relationships, that's not political. Just cause she likes Cohen and Dylan it doesn't mean she has the same writing style. Perhaps her lyrics seem profound on an emotional level but they are not intellectually profound. TBH there's not one song of Lana's that compares emotionally or intellectually to the lyrical quality of say Suzanne or Bird on a Wire, if there is let me know. But that's my opinion, I think she's doing her own thing she's from a different era to them, it's so different to them, yeah I just don't get it.

I think they can be intellectually profound on many levels when you consider her knack for emotional/psychological analysis and the type of artistic mental pictures that she paints. And I'm not drawing comparisons to Dylan and Cohen because she is a fan...I grew up listening to both and still find many similarities in their lyrics. Yes, they're from different eras, but quite reminiscent, IMO. And Lana writes in such a nostalgic manner that her social critiques and evocations of Americana parallel the 60s Laurel Canyon vibes of the aforementioned artists. 

I think they can be intellectually profound on many levels when you consider her knack for emotional analysis and the type of artistic mental pictures that she paints. And I'm not drawing comparisons to Dylan and Cohen because she is a fan...I grew up listening to both and still find many similarities in their lyrics. Yes, they're from different eras, but quite reminiscent, IMO. And Lana writes in such a nostalgic manner that her social critiques and evocations of Americana parallel the 60s Laurel Canyon vibes of the aforementioned artists. 

i don't necessarily agree with this, but i do find this very interesting and would love if you elaborated on this

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

I think they can be intellectually profound on many levels when you consider her knack for emotional analysis and the type of artistic mental pictures that she paints. And I'm not drawing comparisons to Dylan and Cohen because she is a fan...I grew up listening to both and still find many similarities in their lyrics. Yes, they're from different eras, but quite reminiscent, IMO. And Lana writes in such a nostalgic manner that her social critiques and evocations of Americana parallel the 60s Laurel Canyon vibes of the aforementioned artists.

Let's agree to totally disagree on that

If I went to jail, at least I wouldn't have to sign autographs

i don't necessarily agree with this, but i do find this very interesting and would love if you elaborated on this

Sure, but we should open a new thread for it...or take this to the lyrical analysis thread. I feel bad derailing this one. :P

Sure, but we should open a new thread for it...or take this to the lyrical analysis thread. I feel bad derailing this one. :P

sounds good :3 

tumblr_inline_n3vhxdPr4D1sxs7db.gif

(just thought this gif was cute)

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

Don't quote me.

Allow me to quote you then

You are not more fan than I am or anybody else just because you started listening to Lana/Lizzy/whatsoever a couple of months before...

We're here to enjoy West Coast and you're being rude.

On West Coast I must say that I get Kill Kill vibes from it... so exciting :woot: (even though I don't like the "You have the music in you" it sounds so HSM as someone said above lol)

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Did I miss something?
"On Friday 11th April, it was announced that the song will air on radio for the first time on Fearne Cotton's Show on BBC Radio 1 on Monday 14th April between 10:00AM and 12:45PM (BST)"

Can someone lead me to the source?

N0XxYmt.jpg

When we hear it on Monday, what we will have to keep in mind is:

- Is it dark(er than BTD/Paradise)

- Is it spiritual

- Is it unlistenable

- Is it majestic

- Is it beautiful

-Where are the Spanish guitars? :creep:

And the most important:

-Just how slayed are we? :defeated: :defeated: :defeated:

Allow me to quote you then

You are not more fan than I am or anybody else just because you started listening to Lana/Lizzy/whatsoever a couple of months before...

We're here to enjoy West Coast and you're being rude.

On West Coast I must say that I get Kill Kill vibes from it... so exciting :woot: (even though I don't like the "You have the music in you" it sounds so HSM as someone said above lol)

I didn't say that I started listening to Lana before anyone.

You don't know dick so don't quote me either.

Okay let's everybody stop arguing on who became a fan when and who likes what kind of music she's made, because nobody really cares. People don't have to like everything Lana made. Just because you don't like something somebody else does doesn't mean that you can talk down to them, and just because you like something someone else doesn't doesn't mean that you need to be rude.

The point of this thread is about West Coast. West Coast has nothing to do with Sirens, AKA, BTD or Paradise. It has to do with Ultraviolence.

Focus on that.

is anyone else getting 'Afraid' teas from the lyrics

As someone mentioned the way she sings it is similar to OTTR live version, but to me it also has a melancholic undertone.

If it was OTTR 2.0., I'd be okay with that tbh :creep: