lflflflflflflflflflf

SINGLE: West Coast

What do we think of "down on the west coast they got a sayin", are they lyrics? Or some sort of hint?

Probably lyrics. She always teases lyrics in her old tweets so I would be surprised if it wasn't a line from the song. She had a line from Without You as her bio before BTD and before Paradise she had 'I sing the body electric' as her Twitter bio so I bet 'The roses had the look of flowers that are looked at' is also a lyric (recycled from one of T.S. Elliot's poems).

What do we think of "down on the west coast they got a sayin", are they lyrics? Or some sort of hint?

Sounds like lyrics given the confirmed title 

If I went to jail, at least I wouldn't have to sign autographs

Guest Dot

I feel it

its coming

tumblr_lo8wckrVvA1qebgslo1_500.gif

We are definitely hearing this before coachella, which makes me anxious to see if she will only be singing new songs. I'll be watching it live.

I think the setlist for her upcoming concerts will be the same as her Planeta Terra setlist, with some additions. She's most likely going to add G&M and BA in order to promote TROPICO and she might as well do Once Upon a Dream. The length should be around 18 tracks, which is the same length as her European leg. I also think she might do Black Beauty, because she knows that at least 80% if not all of her fanbase knows this song already.

1. Cola
  2. Body Electric (TROPICO backdrop)
  3. Gods & Monsters (TROPICO backdrop)
  4. Blue Jeans
  5. Born to Die
  6. Dark Paradise (might be exchanged with a different song on some nights)
  7. Once Upon a Dream
  8. Black Beauty
  9. Carmen
  10. Young and Beautiful
  11. Without You / Knockin' on Heaven's Door
  12. Bel Air (TROPICO backdrop)
  13. Ride
  14. Summertime Sadness
  15. Video Games
  16. American/America, Why I Love Her
  17. West Coast
  18. National Anthem

tumblr_lo8wckrVvA1qebgslo1_500.gif

I think the setlist for her upcoming concerts will be the same as her Planeta Terra setlist, with some additions. She's most likely going to add G&M and BA in order to promote TROPICO and she might as well do Once Upon a Dream. The length should be around 18 tracks, which is the same length as her European leg. I also think she might do Black Beauty, because she knows that at least 80% if not all of her fanbase knows this song already.

• Cola
  • Body Electric (TROPICO backdrop)
  • Gods & Monsters (TROPICO backdrop)
  • Blue Jeans
  • Born to Die
  • Dark Paradise (might be exchanged with a different song on some nights)
  • Once Upon a Dream
  • Black Beauty
  • Carmen
  • Young and Beautiful
  • Without You / Knockin' on Heaven's Door
  • Bel Air (TROPICO backdrop)
  • Ride
  • Summertime Sadness
  • Video Games
  • American/America, Why I Love Her
  • West Coast
  • National Anthem

She will probably do MDM instead of Dark Paradise

I AM MY ONLY GOD

She's handling this album "campaign" (if you already want to call it that) a bit differently. She does not make many formal official announcements, but reveals most of the news through responses (that tweet about West Coast, the supposed (?) album release date video). That's why I have no idea whether the West Coast announcement was scheduled or not, whether the single can be expected to drop soon or not.

I'm probably just overthinking this. :thirst:

kySyfQZ.jpg

West Coast makes me think of that lazy guitar sound of the 70s as well as the surf pop of the 60s. It's interesting if she decides to go that route; she started incorporating more electric guitars into Paradise iirc. Can't wait!

I want a sweet choir of cooing girls, gangsta percussion, guitar riffs that belong in Santa Monica, and epic strings -- all over smouldering vocals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onOr_E_HpEE

if anyone else here stans for vtmb then hmu so we can fangirl together

EDIT: And if Lana really is going for that "stripped back" feel she's been on about for so long, then... the first ~46 seconds of this, please-uh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NqfiYUnbIM

don't judge me lmfao 'cuz osamu tezuka is jesus incarnate & 70s hentai is pretty fuckin legit yo

rihKQ8M.gif