lflflflflflflflflflf

SINGLE: West Coast

Summer Wine - 18th April 2013

Chelsea Hotel No. 2 - March 27th 2013

I always wondered if these were recorded for a potential covers album that was discarded, or solely because they were songs that inspired/appealed to Lana. They both perfectly fit the UV sound she initially described as well. 

I always wondered if these were recorded for a potential covers album that was discarded, or solely because they were songs that inspired/appealed to Lana. They both perfectly fit the UV sound she initially described as well.

I think they were just songs that Lana likes and wanted to cover, but I totally agree with your point. Chelsea Hotel No. 2 was an excellent cover and the duet with Barry on Summer Wine worked really well IMO. They probably won't be on UV, unfortunately.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Guest Dot

LOL, you're good. I mean I see the similarity with a couple of lyrics, but AFFA is much more mellow and 60s rock-esque while Ride seems more blues-oriented. I love the lyrics of both, but I think AFFA's are a step better. Just my opinion, though. 

I don't care much about the lyrics tbh. I care more about production...I mean lyrics are really important, but good lyrics can't save a horribly produced song. I'm not saying this about Ride or AFFA, I'm saying this about songs in general. But I guess my problem with those two is, that their production is just not my cup of tea. The other problem I have with Ride is the way she sings. It's really boring, low and makes me really sleepy, which is probably why I like AFFA a little more.

I don't care much about the lyrics tbh. I care more about production...I mean lyrics are really important, but good lyrics can't save a horribly produced song. I'm not saying this about Ride or AFFA, I'm saying this about songs in general. But I guess my problem with those two is, that their production is just not my cup of tea. The other problem I have with Ride is the way she sings. It's really boring, low and makes me really sleepy, which is probably why I like AFFA a little more.

Well, I definitely agree with the bit about production vs. lyrics, but I absolutely loved AFFA's production, haha. It's all a matter of personal taste, I guess. I like slow and subtle. :P

I know this has been said often, but I really wish BB and AFFA had not leaked. They seem like such perfect fits for the theme of UV and both are incredibly gorgeous, mature works. I hope they still make it onto the album...not sure what the chances of AFFA making it are, though. BB seems sort of likely when you take Rob's hints and some of the fan rumors into consideration. 

Both good songs (great in AFFA's case), but I'd rather the album have all new music.

Guest Dot

They are new though...

You shouldn't have listened to them, in the first place.

Yeah, I mean, we had heard several of the BTD demos prior to the official release, but it wasn't any less exciting for me. 

I really don't see the problem in putting them on the album as well. People can't expect Lana to do something completely different just because her fans were thirsty enough to listen to her new material before it was officially released. If you want it to be exciting and if you want them to be new, don't listen to them. Simple as that. I love them both and think they should be included. The world needs to hear them!

What if we get a track list and cover soon after or together with the West Coast release like the Ride/Paradise trajectory?  :excited:

This is exactly what needs to happen

Also I kinda need her to release it this week...:assad: Obviously I will receive life at her concert no matter what, but mine is this Friday and I've already listened to the Paradise tour bootleg numerous times smh I want more

But I'm preppin my "California Proud" playlist for "West Coast", y'all's geography can remain underrepresented :fabcat:

Both good songs (great in AFFA's case), but I'd rather the album have all new music.

It's still a little selfish, but a good compromise on the "her album should be all new" vs. "her album should finish producing some leaks or do some remakes" is to just consider *anything* after 40 mins of unfamiliar material to be a much cherished gift.

Also the idea of being "old" music is completely relative. I bet a lot of people right now don't know her leaked stuff, and in the future it is guaranteed that there will be people unfamiliar with her (i.e., they haven't been born yet).

I was very surprised at Ride's lack of success with the GP...it seemed like the type of chamber pop that they love. 

I've always thought of Ride as a really good (and different) country song. Interscope missed an opportunity by not trying to nominate it for best country song. 

Anyway to make the post more relevant, I wonder if she'll have more of a country feel to this one.

Then again, I think of Making Out (non-autotuned vers) as a really good (and different) country song, so maybe my opinion is just a bit whacked. 

So on a Thursday and Wednesday, respectively... would be nice and even to release West Coast now on Tuesday, then. Assuming it's coming at all this week. :P

Video Games - June 29, 2011 (Wednesday)

Born to Die - December 22, 2011 (Thursday)

Off to the Races - January 6, 2012 (Friday)

Carmen - January 26, 2012 (Thursday)

Blue Jeans - April 6, 2012 (Friday)

Summertime Sadness - June 22, 2012 (Friday)

National Anthem - July 6, 2012 (Friday)

Blue Velvet - September 20, 2012 (Thursday)

Ride - September 25, 2012 (Tuesday)

Dark Paradise - March 1, 2013 (Friday)

Burning Desire - March 19, 2013 (Tuesday)

Young & Beautiful - April 23, 2013 (Tuesday)

Once Upon a Dream - January 26, 2014 (Sunday)

You all need to stop expecting a Tuesday release just because one person said that "all singles are released on Tuesdays".

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

You all need to stop expecting a Tuesday release just because one person said that "all singles are released on Tuesdays".

I'm 99.987863948% sure that Rob is hinting a Tuesday April 8th release. It would be so weird if nothing was released before she starts her tour on the 11th.