lflflflflflflflflflf

SINGLE: West Coast

If this song flops I AM gonna kill myself 

Nooooooooo dont ever judge her popularity or success via singles. Shes an album artist, her singles push her albums. Her singles are only hits if the change of weather lets them be, its odd but people are bipolar with her singles, sometimes they buy them a lot other times they just go nowhere [Ride :( ].

Nooooooooo dont ever judge her popularity or success via singles. Shes an album artist, her singles push her albums. Her singles are only hits if the change of weather lets them be, its odd but people are bipolar with her singles, sometimes they buy them a lot other times they just go nowhere [Ride :( ].

I was very surprised at Ride's lack of success with the GP...it seemed like the type of chamber pop that they love. 

If this were 1967 maybe

With the rise of Adele and bands like Mumford and Sons and Bon Iver? I'm not saying that the GP loves chamber pop in general, but Ride seemed like a more accessible form of it that they tend to eat up.

Gosh, can someone pretty please change Rob's password on Twitter. He is heading West Coast on Tuesday. Yes, on Tuesday. The day when new music is being released in America. Thank you Rob, you shameless promo-maschine.

AND, I hate myself for mentioning him again, but he is like her whole promo for this era so far. It's sooooo....weird....

Gosh, can someone pretty please change Rob's password on Twitter. He is heading West Coast on Tuesday. Yes, on Tuesday. The day when new music is being released in America. Thank you Rob, you shameless promo-maschine.

He's such a tease.  :rip:

Do you guys think she'll release West Coast before her shows or after?

I think after the first shows. If the video takes 3-4 weeks from now on to be finished, I can see her releasing the song two weeks before the video premieres. She needs streaming points in the States since airplay will be minimal

Guest Dot

Really? I thought the subtle, indie rock production was gorgeous.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings or anything, but AFFA is really just a dumbed down version of Ride. Eventhough I think I prefer AFFA over Ride.

I know this has been said often, but I really wish BB and AFFA had not leaked. They seem like such perfect fits for the theme of UV and both are incredibly gorgeous, mature works. I hope they still make it onto the album...not sure what the chances of AFFA making it are, though. BB seems sort of likely when you take Rob's hints and some of the fan rumors into consideration. 

Guest Dot

Do you guys think she'll release West Coast before her shows or after?

I think she'll release it after the first show. She's going to premier it there and it will be released on iTunes that night.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings or anything, but AFFA is really just a dumbed down version of Ride. Eventhough I think I prefer AFFA over Ride.

LOL, you're good. I mean I see the similarity with a couple of lyrics, but AFFA is much more mellow and 60s rock-esque while Ride seems more blues-oriented. I love the lyrics of both, but I think AFFA's are a step better. Just my opinion, though. 

when did she release her chelsea hotel no. 2 and summer wine covers cuz i seem to remember those droppin outta nowhere in particular

and in that case west coast could like get released tomorrow for all we know lmao

(i had just finished bioshock infinite when chelsea hotel came out and i saw it and i listened in the middle of the night and i cried for like two hours straight just lettin all the feels out omfg)

rihKQ8M.gif

when did she release her chelsea hotel no. 2 and summer wine covers cuz i seem to remember those droppin outta nowhere in particular

and in that case west coast could like get released tomorrow for all we know lmao

(i had just finished bioshock infinite when chelsea hotel came out and i saw it and i listened in the middle of the night and i cried for like two hours straight just lettin all the feels out omfg)

Summer Wine - 18th April 2013

Chelsea Hotel No. 2 - March 27th 2013

OAjeWdG.jpg?1