lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence Tracklist Discussion

So, which of the tracks will have the "he hit me and it felt like a kiss" lyrics? Any suggestions?

I think it will be Ultraviolence tbh.  :teehee:

Probably

I mean, I know just about everyone's speculating it to be in "Ultraviolence," but I'm actually wondering if we might get surprised and see it on another track like "Shades of Cool," maybe "Pretty When You Cry" (which I think just by lyric/song-title association would be dark as fuck.) But I'm sure "Ultraviolence" is will be more likely,

Real question is did the Spanish guitars make it and what song are they on?

I'm hoping either "Sad Girl" or "Pretty When You Cry"

I hope SG has the disposition Lana has in "All Smiles," like, she puts on a brave-face but really, she's sad and just trying to keep her pride.

Also, I think it's really cute how most of the song titles are similar to what you would see in the track-listing of a '50s songbird's record. I really love a lot of the contradiction/contrasting nature of UV so far. Bradley said this era's dark and fucked, and I'm wet-dreaming about this era until it releases, and hopefully forever afterwards.

No she didn't tweet it, she told it to fans before concert

Ohh, OK. But still, she told fans so it must be official.

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

:agree2:

watch it being a slow ballad mentioning " red dress" or "daddy".

As excited as I am for this record, I am also worried. With 11 tracks and one of them most likely being a cover, there is no room to mess up. I hope she has picked the right ones for the standard and that the lyrics aren't too cliché.

I'm bored, so UV track predictions:

1. Cruel World - I expect this track to exist as a modern derivation of Isaak's Wicked Game. It will have sweeping guitars, romantic choruses and lyrically reflect a doomed relationship. 

2. Ultraviolence - Lana metaphorically using violence in a way to describe an emotionally volatile relationship. I expect this track to be less psychedelic rock and more Nirvana-esque. 

3. Shades of Cool - Inb4 James Dean references

4. Brooklyn Baby - This track is obviously NY-inspired, so I would expect it to be more up-beat and lyrically positive. 

5. West Coast-Better fucking be the original iTunes version.    :smokes3:

6. Sad Girl - Lana trying to say that there is more to her than the melancholic persona, while simultaneously acknowledging some truth in it. Heavily autobiographical and Leonard Cohen-esque in sound and through this dichotomy. 

7. Pretty When You Cry - Black Beauty 2.0

8. Money Power Glory - I don't think this will be OTTR-esque as some have predicted. I would expect something more along the lines of the Hundred Dollar Bill demo. A mixture of rock and hip-hop (and a bunch of social commentary that is as stinging but more lucid than something like NA).

9. Fucked My Way Up to the Top - I really hope don't think this will be sexual. I think it will be more of a Bob Dylan-esque reflection of her struggles to find recognition in the industry. 

10. Old Money - The production will likely be similar to that of BTD-era tracks. I think it will sample the Godfather/La dolce vita theme and mix it with a more contemporary rhythm. The lyrics will probably implement social commentary to allegorically describe a relationship. I'm not sure if Lana will ever completely leave a man out of a song. 

11. The Other Woman - I would be stunned if this isn't a Nina Simone cover. I recall Lana loving the live version, so I would expect something like this: 

12. Black Beauty - Depends on whether or not Dan produced the remastered version. I could see the song being more Nico-esque with added guitars, but I hope it doesn't stray too much from the demo beyond the addition of a completely different bridge. 

13. Guns and Roses - Something like JFK. 

14. Florida Kilos - Kill Kill, please.

Hopefully one or two songs won't mention a man or a relationship. I know this is her main thing but I'd like some topic variation, like her career for example, or what people say about her, her fears, her beliefs...  I like Hollywood in that aspect, she sings about her future and her desire to be rich and famous, but again she mentions a man/love during the bridge and that simply ruins the song for me

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Hopefully one or two songs won't mention a man or a relationship. I know this is her main thing but I'd like some topic variation, like her career for example, or what people say about her, her fears, her beliefs...  I like Hollywood in that aspect, she sings about her future and her desire to be rich and famous, but again she mentions a man/love during the bridge and that simply ruins the song for me

Yeah, I totally agree. Especially since she was a philosophy major, I want her to incorporate that into some of her music. I have a feeling Cruel World might be something along that line.

Yeah, I totally agree. Especially since she was a philosophy major, I want her to incorporate that into some of her music. I have a feeling Cruel World might be something along that line.

Actually, the french interview says Cruel World is about virulent love... not quite sure what's that supposed to mean tho

ZmJh1LG.jpg

A hostile/emotionally volatile relationship.

Thanks. So far, Cruel World is the most likely to contain the 'hit me and it felt like a kiss' line, at least for me.

Who knows, maybe it won't be there -or anywhere, for that matter- at all... 

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Least excited about Shades of Cool, sounds like a weird title to me tbh. Reminds me of a PG Shades of Grey.

Yay, I'm not the only one!

Least excited about Shades of Cool, sounds like a weird title to me tbh. Reminds me of a PG Shades of Grey.

Yay, I'm not the only one!

yeah on that part of europe and australia they get the album first 

Really? :shock:  :omg: Yay!

Usually it's America that gets albums first, isn't it?