Sitar

Tegan and Sara

The album is really good. Their best yet in my book. I really just can't get into 100x because I can't take their voices seriously in a ballad setting.

MkWI4Ns.png

wait link me

It talks about how the two of them almost ended the duo and severed their relationship 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/laurasnapes/how-the-rest-of-the-world-caught-up-to-tegan-and-sara

Love You to Death is the first time Sara has written about the darkest era of her relationship with Tegan, which almost broke up the band just as they were first making commercial and critical headway. “It was cruel of me to do what I did to you,” she sings on ballad “100x.” “White Knuckles” is gothic-tinged synth-pop. “I made us feel unlucky too,” she sings, stretching each word. “So, luck be damned / Break that mirror in two.”

BzhmW.png

this new tegan and sara is awful IMO. my fav albums are If It Was You, So Jealous, and The Con. Sainthood was also pretty dope and a direction I wish they continued to move in. Heartthrob was downhill. Musically and lyrically. This new album has like the worst sounds and lyrics of any tegan and sara songs. i'd rather listen to shit like our trees than listen to LY2D. :( 

So Jealous X had So Jealous demos and thats been the best thing they've released in forever. THOSE DEMOS WRECK ME. 

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

I'm angry at how dead this thread is. LY2D is literally a contestant for album of the year.

I don't quite know what to think of this album. Tegan and Sara have always been among my faves but something about this album is less inspired than Heartthrob. Now that was a record that really gave you confidence in their pop direction. They're always good songwriters, but this sounds a bit like they're spinning their wheels. I'm glad it seems to be well received though and the songs fill playlists nicely meanwhile, but it doesn't give me the same excitement.

Luckily its T&S so these songs are good technically--mainly Tegan's contributions, which is funny bc Sara has my fave songs on their more indie albums. Hang on to the Night and 100x esp have kinda trite melodies. BWU kinda saves ha but Tegan is the pop writer here. Stop Desire>>>>>>

I only listened to the album a couple times but I definitely agree that Heartthrob was a stronger album (at least in my opinion).

As far as lyrics, I definitely prefer their older albums, but the lyrics aren't terrible or anything.

I don't quite know what to think of this album. Tegan and Sara have always been among my faves but something about this album is less inspired than Heartthrob. Now that was a record that really gave you confidence in their pop direction. They're always good songwriters, but this sounds a bit like they're spinning their wheels. I'm glad it seems to be well received though and the songs fill playlists nicely meanwhile, but it doesn't give me the same excitement.

Luckily its T&S so these songs are good technically--mainly Tegan's contributions, which is funny bc Sara has my fave songs on their more indie albums. Hang on to the Night and 100x esp have kinda trite melodies. BWU kinda saves ha but Tegan is the pop writer here. Stop Desire>>>>>>

i mean, i have to somewhat agree just because Heartthrob is really special to me and songs like "Goodbye, Goodbye" are incredible and have some sort of emotion that is lacking throughout most of LY2D. either way, like you said these songs are the perfect type to randomly scatter across summer playlists and there's not a single song i dislike. the record is really concise and short and solid. i think i prefer the slightly more punchy production this time around.

H0bDaqU.gif

i mean, i have to somewhat agree just because Heartthrob is really special to me and songs like "Goodbye, Goodbye" are incredible and have some sort of emotion that is lacking throughout most of LY2D. either way, like you said these songs are the perfect type to randomly scatter across summer playlists and there's not a single song i dislike. the record is really concise and short and solid. i think i prefer the slightly more punchy production this time around.

For sure. Its hard to compare to some of their previous albums but standing alone it has its merits. LY2D is the kinda album that is better when compared to its competitors, not the band's other albums. I can't help but feel like I might like it more if it was 12 songs though :cat: Do you like Sainthood?

For sure. Its hard to compare to some of their previous albums but standing alone it has its merits. LY2D is the kinda album that is better when compared to its competitors, not the band's other albums. I can't help but feel like I might like it more if it was 12 songs though :cat: Do you like Sainthood?

yeah i feel ya, i was lowkey pressed that we didn't get 2 bonus tracks like we did with Heartthrob. anyway.

and actually no..... i've never gotten into any of their albums prior to Heartthrob. when they decided to go electropop is when i started paying attention.

H0bDaqU.gif

yeah i feel ya, i was lowkey pressed that we didn't get 2 bonus tracks like we did with Heartthrob. anyway.

and actually no..... i've never gotten into any of their albums prior to Heartthrob. when they decided to go electropop is when i started paying attention.

REPENT. Sainthood is fantastic. 

BzhmW.png

Biiiiiitch electropop ain't the only worthwhile genre. At least listen to The Con and Sainthood. SH is my fave album of theirs.

OKAY GUYS I'll try to do better lmao. I do really like "Alligator" and "Back in Your Head".

I'm seeing them live for the second time in a few months, so hopefully this time around I'll like a wider variety of stuff from this discography.

H0bDaqU.gif

does everyone have demos for So Jealous, The Con, and Sainthood? Their home demos are fucking gold and everyone needs to hear them IMO. The Con the movie is also one of the coolest things. it gives incite into making the album, then they released The Con demos, which fulfills the album IMO. it feels full with the movie, demos and actual album, AND THE ARTWORK IS DOPE. i wish there were more demos for sainthood. :(

the demo for the song So Jealous literally kills me every time i hear it. 

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

Sainthood and The Con are still amazing records to me. Their music has meant so much to me growing up. I couldn't tell you how many songs I love off of each of their other releases, there's too many to choose from.

Between LY2D and Heartthrob, there is a total of three songs that I listen to. Production is too distracting and cheap sounding on these recent records.

Get Along is an amazing live collection though, I love it to pieces