Sitar

Promo Single: "SHADES OF COOL" (May 26)

wow I didn't expect a new song before the album release !

that shit better be out on Monday, so I have something to do when I wait for Miley to enter the stage  :cuteface:  :oic2:

I don't really feel the cover yet... am I the only one who thinks that her position looks kinda strange and that her body proportions are wrong (look at those big boops and compare them to her thin arms  :creepna: )

conclusion: Lana had plastic surgery again

:troll:

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

wow I didn't expect a new song before the album release !

that shit better be out on Monday, so I have something to do when I wait for Miley to enter the stage

(look at those big boops and compare them to her thin arms  :creepna: )

Looks like a push up bra to me.

PS: Can we listen together then, please? :brows:

EPIC, now that we know Rick Nowels is involved in this, it better slay the fuck out of my fucking life!

5+ minutes of Lana is coming, they better premiere it on iTunes and not just her freaking vevo, Interscope needs to get their shit together, a lot of people are anticipating and it could sell good.

@@Creyk, you and I are the same :crying: :excited: (P.S. sorry, I couldn't quote for some reason, it won't let me, no matter how many times I refresh the page)

And I just realised the twenty-sixth is in two freaking dayss!!!!! I never thought I'd say this, but: I WANT THE WEEKEND TO END! Well, no, I'm excited for tomorrow because I am getting my microphone fixed so I can finally practise Million Dollar Man again, but not long ago I was thinking that I don't want to go on to Monday... I just wish I didn't have school. Maybe I can somehow manage to stay home...

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

Shades Of Cool starts off with lonely sounding guitars that builds up an eerie and intense atmosphere. Lana’s voice breaks through the mist with a fragile “My baby lives in… shades of blue.”

The song is written with a 6/8 time signature so just like Million Dollar Man there’s jazz/waltz influences, however much slower and stripped back with only guitars and her one layer of vocals during the verses.

The song slowly builds up during the pre-chorus. The guitar picking is then replaced with slow shimmering chords as Lana sings “he lives for love, he loves his drugs.” The pre-chorus flows slowly until she ends the section with “his strange weather….” and then a moment of silence.

The song breaks into a beautiful flowery 70s-inspired indie rock merry-go-round-esque chorus. The drums come in and the iconic Born To Die strings make a triumphant return. It’s hard not to imagine Lana spinning Stevie Nicks-style in a flower garden or on the beach when listening to this chorus. Piano notes twinkle in the background layers as Lana sings over the live instruments: “but you are invincible. I can’t break through your world.”

The music carries on into the second verse and pre-chorus. The electric guitars are even more present in the second chorus. The old school ‘wub wub wub’ of the guitar strings embellish the already beautiful vintage sounding chorus.

The song intensifies even further during the bridge. The song turns into a thunderous mass of electric guitar and loud drums. The chaotic bridge is wild enough to transport anyone back to the live rock concerts of the 70s. The fantastic guitar solo is sexy enough to have Lana grinding during her performance.

The music dies down at the end as Lana songs ‘oohs’ and ‘ahhs’ as it fades into silence, presumably the solemn conclusion to the calm, wild, calm narrative of the song. This song is a great choice as a promotional single and is arguably many times better than West Coast.

My baby lives in shades of blue

Blue eyes and jazz and attitude

He lives in California too

He drives a Chevy Malibu

Ha ha ha.

Sounds like terrible fan made lyrics.

Like, they're shitty if they're real even.