Okay here's my deal with her....

I'm a massive Sia stan but her whole thing is so contradictory why does she keep doing all these appearances to make her MORE FAMOUS when she "doesn't want to be famous"??? Also, wearing a stupid wig with a MASSIVE bow on it isn't really directing attention away from her, it just makes her stand out more so I don't get her deal? She went so long in the industry showing her face and she was quite popular here in Aus for a while... If she was a new artist that started doing this, I'd find it more reasonable but she's literally been in the industry longer than I've lived... idgi

FzytWEW.png

Okay here's my deal with her....

I'm a massive Sia stan but her whole thing is so contradictory why does she keep doing all these appearances to make her MORE FAMOUS when she "doesn't want to be famous"??? Also, wearing a stupid wig with a MASSIVE bow on it isn't really directing attention away from her, it just makes her stand out more so I don't get her deal? She went so long in the industry showing her face and she was quite popular here in Aus for a while... If she was a new artist that started doing this, I'd find it more reasonable but she's literally been in the industry longer than I've lived... idgi

I think since people really can't distinguish her face in normal everyday settings the wig gives her a symbol of anonymity. I don't think she wants to not be famous or successful (because that's what pays her bills) it's more of the "I don't want my face being judged 24/7" of "I don't want my face to be plastered over magazines forever", both of which are valid. Some people don't know what she looks like and she's been creatively covering her face for years now and I don't see it ending soon. Especially if she gets comfortable enough to tour and not see the hundreds/thousands of faces staring back at her.

What I personally take from Sia doing it -

1. Making the blonde bob her trademark, it allows her to be a faceless artist and basically anyone could be under the wig.

2. It's Anti promo, but still promo. It makes people want to hear and see more even though she's creatively keeping her distance by visually separating herself from the mass images of Rih, Bey, Katy, etc being the faces of huge marketing campaigns.

3. A weird point, her vocals and personality seem extremely youthful, but she's already 40. She can't pass off as the young new pop girl if she looks older than every single one from the lips up.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Holy motherfuck I was watching West Coast on mobile yesterday and they played an advert for Cheap Thrills before and I'm DYINGGGG at how good it is, best Sia song, song of the year at least, i'm always so damn late

ZKcaooE.png

Holy motherfuck I was watching West Coast on mobile yesterday and they played an advert for Cheap Trills before and I'm DYINGGGG at how good it is, best Sia song, song of the year at least, i'm always so damn late

Thrills*  :oic:

Anyway, sLAY at you stanning all this QUALITY so late recently

FzytWEW.png

Thrills*  :oic:

Anyway, sLAY at you stanning all this QUALITY so late recently

Corrected lol sorry! IKR I feel so much happier since I'm getting off my ridiculous high horse and realizing how much I adore pop

ZKcaooE.png

Corrected lol sorry! IKR I feel so much happier since I'm getting off my ridiculous high horse and realizing how much I adore pop

YES OMG I made that realisation last year lmao I used to always bash pop for being 'too mainstream' but then I realised it was mainstream for a reason, it's QUALITY CATCHY MUSIC

FzytWEW.png

So This is Acting got released on vinyl yesterday, and Colour The Small One was reissued. 

TIA is a 2xLP (one black vinyl and one white vinyl) and CTSO is white, but there is an amazing marbled grey vinyl exclusive to vinyl me, please

FzytWEW.png