Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

most of the inspiration behind lana's writing is about video games. she used to be a video game nerd, hence video games.mp3 ~gamer girl~ that song is about a guy she met while playing video games online. if she stopped playing, their luv stopped too! </3

• gimme them gold coins 

mario_coins.jpg

• mafiosi hit type

mafiawars-logo.jpg

she also had a love affair with GAS STATIONS, especially one named K. it's where she got her beloved diet mountain dew after all

Circle-K.jpg

close tha thread! i figured it all out! 

im bored at work sry  :runs: 

I loved that a little too much :teehee:

Ok why are we not considering that Lizzy was a teen model and she likes older men and the stereotype of pervy photographers and all of her references to cameras and flashing lights and daddies and...

Duhhhhhh

most of the inspiration behind lana's writing is about video games. she used to be a video game nerd, hence video games.mp3 ~gamer girl~ that song is about a guy she met while playing video games online. if she stopped playing, their luv stopped too! </3

• gimme them gold coins 

mario_coins.jpg

• mafiosi hit type

mafiawars-logo.jpg

she also had a love affair with GAS STATIONS, especially one named K. it's where she got her beloved diet mountain dew after all

Circle-K.jpg

I loved that a little too much :teehee:

Ok why are we not considering that Lizzy was a teen model and she likes older men and the stereotype of pervy photographers and all of her references to cameras and flashing lights and daddies and...

Duhhhhhh

She wants K to give heaven a try, maybe its refrencing that theyll be angels forever not matter wether he got into heaven or not he was still her angel? Idk

I feel sorry for barrie, i would feel hell bad hearing thise songs, pretty on par with like reading her diary lol

Black beauty sounds like she's depressed with the relationship, she seems happy with barrie he dosent seem like he would be so dark and unloving towards her

Maybe I'm wrong but I guess that Lana is refering to herself in Black Beauty, not Barry. Like she is the sparrow blue, she's involved with so much beauty in her life right now -  she's in a worldwide tour, has an amazing carrear, a boyfriend who cares about her and fame but she can't really see the beauty in it. In some recently interviews she gave me an impression that she is clearly not satisfied with all that happened with her  ( and we also have that video in Dublin when she cried while singing Video Games), in one interview in particular I remember she said something like "All I wanted was to be a poet and all I could get is this ( refering to her staff and the fact that she has to stay in hotels and so on)". We all know that the backlash REALLY affected her so I think that this song it is indeed about her and how she is feeling right now not really about an relationship.

She wants K to give heaven a try, maybe its refrencing that theyll be angels forever not matter wether he got into heaven or not he was still her angel? Idk

I feel sorry for barrie, i would feel hell bad hearing thise songs, pretty on par with like reading her diary lol

Black beauty sounds like she's depressed with the relationship, she seems happy with barrie he dosent seem like he would be so dark and unloving towards her

Maybe I'm wrong but I guess that Lana is refering to herself in Black Beauty, not Barry. Like she is the sparrow blue, she's involved with so much beauty in her life right now -  she's in a worldwide tour, has an amazing carrear, a boyfriend who cares about her and fame but she can't really see the beauty in it. In some recently interviews she gave me an impression that she is clearly not satisfied with all that happened with her  ( and we also have that video in Dublin when she cried while singing Video Games), in one interview in particular I remember she said something like "All I wanted was to be a poet and all I could get is this ( refering to her staff and the fact that she has to stay in hotels and so on)". We all know that the backlash REALLY affected her so I think that this song it is indeed about her and how she is feeling right now not really about an relationship.

Maybe I'm wrong but I guess that Lana is refering to herself in Black Beauty, not Barry. Like she is the sparrow blue, she's involved with so much beauty in her life right now -  she's in a worldwide tour, has an amazing carrear, a boyfriend who cares about her and fame but she can't really see the beauty in it. In some recently interviews she gave me an impression that she is clearly not satisfied with all that happened with her  ( and we also have that video in Dublin when she cried while singing Video Games), in one interview in particular I remember she said something like "All I wanted was to be a poet and all I could get is this ( refering to her staff and the fact that she has to stay in hotels and so on)". We all know that the backlash REALLY affected her so I think that this song it is indeed about her and how she is feeling right now not really about an relationship.

@@HeartshapedChevrolet :  Cool analysis! I really like your theory that Jimmy actually replaced K. Sounds logical to me. :isee:  I read your whole post yesterday but now I can’t remember everything. And I began to develop my own little theory while reading but now I just don’t know it anymore. :toofunny:  I shouldn’t read Lanalysis late at night….

Anyway, I’ve also thought quite a lot about who Black Beauty is about. The line “I dye my hair a darker shade of brown” hints obviously at Barrie. (or did she ever dye her hair dark before? I don’t think so.) So we could say BB is about Barrie and that’s it. (another random thing that caught my eye right now: Black Beauty – Barrie. But that doesn’t mean anything I guess.)

But for me the chorus gives rise to doubts because I think it's more a dark and depressed song. Like some others said before:

Well, I really don’t know anything about Barrie’s psychological state but to me he doesn’t seem that sad or depressed too.

So I'm not sure if BB is really about him but right now I'd rather say it's not.

Or maybe she’s mixing things up. Or maybe the song is actually about idk … K or whoever and she puts that dark-hair-reference in it to hide it from Barrie and make him think it’s about him. :shh:  

I heard from a guy, who is friends with one of Barrie's ex's that Barrie is depressive...

@@HeartshapedChevrolet :  Cool analysis! I really like your theory that Jimmy actually replaced K. Sounds logical to me. :isee:  I read your whole post yesterday but now I can’t remember everything. And I began to develop my own little theory while reading but now I just don’t know it anymore. :toofunny:  I shouldn’t read Lanalysis late at night….

Anyway, I’ve also thought quite a lot about who Black Beauty is about. The line “I dye my hair a darker shade of brown” hints obviously at Barrie. (or did she ever dye her hair dark before? I don’t think so.) So we could say BB is about Barrie and that’s it. (another random thing that caught my eye right now: Black Beauty – Barrie. But that doesn’t mean anything I guess.)

But for me the chorus gives rise to doubts because I think it's more a dark and depressed song. Like some others said before:

Well, I really don’t know anything about Barrie’s psychological state but to me he doesn’t seem that sad or depressed too.

So I'm not sure if BB is really about him but right now I'd rather say it's not.

Or maybe she’s mixing things up. Or maybe the song is actually about idk … K or whoever and she puts that dark-hair-reference in it to hide it from Barrie and make him think it’s about him. :shh:  

I heard from a guy, who is friends with one of Barrie's exes that Barrie is depressive.. 

I personally thought "they were angels forever forever Angels" was like somebody speaking at K and Lana's funeral, she did say she has fantasizes about her own funeral

We could interpret that phrase in so many ways. But we don't know what it means to Lana, only she does. To me this is refering to the people around her who questioned the way she lived her life, people like her and her boyfriend were not conventional people, they were free and wild, people with no home, easy riders, so the other people they were forever angels, they never got the chance to taste the dark part of life, they just lived scared. Just like with Lana in Gods and Monsters were she says she was an angel, but she got corrupted, that made her find herself. "I've seen the world, done it all, ate my cake now".

• gimme them gold coins 

mario_coins.jpg

• mafiosi hit type

mafiawars-logo.jpg

Circle-K.jpg

:omfg2:

makes sense to me...

mistery solved  :oprah:

black beauty sounds more like it's about k imo. the only thing that points to it being about barrie is the part about dying her hair but maybe she died her hair darker when she was younger? she also died her hair brown from platinum blonde around...2011? so maybe it's about a guy she dated before barrie since they started dating in august 2011 but i think they may have only started seriously dating sometime mid to late 2012. she was still sleeping on her ex's couch in 2012 and we only started seeing them together regularly late 2012. all of that black leather wedding dress and black house doesn't sound very barrie-esque to me, he's a grungey cowboy. i'm not sure who black beauty is about, maybe k, maybe jimmy, maybe arthur, maybe another guy that was depressed and into heavy metal/rock.

im pretty sure she mentioned in an old interview, while she was bleach blonde that she dyed her hair brown in high school, 

in these photos (even though there in black and white :eek: ) it looks like she has brown hair

BGaslyf.png

WAkxLta.jpg

especially in the ford teen model shots

sapfc1C.jpg

xvnptb9.jpg

I thought AFFA was about the deceased rock 'n roll artists like Morrison and Joplin considering she references them. Just my analysis though

Paradise is a game of do or die.       ♦         29x6p1i.jpg

black beauty is a type of black rose. according to wikipedia it's "a symbol for love after death. Meaning love can never die".

in without you she sings "tell me life is beautiful" and now she's singing "life is beautiful, but you don't have a clue" and back in nov '11 she wrote "life is beautiful" on her wrist but i don't know how to draw any kind of conclusion from that  :assad:

im pretty sure she mentioned in an old interview, while she was bleach blonde that she dyed her hair brown in high school, 

in these photos (even though there in black and white :eek: ) it looks like she has brown hair

from here: She is also hesitant to call herself a “blonde bombshell,” despite all her Harlow-esque come-ons. “One time I dyed my hair brown,” she said, “but I got in some trouble for that.” 

I wonder how she got into trouble for it?? like that sounds kinda fucked up

from here: She is also hesitant to call herself a “blonde bombshell,” despite all her Harlow-esque come-ons. “One time I dyed my hair brown,” she said, “but I got in some trouble for that.” 

I wonder how she got into trouble for it?? like that sounds kinda fucked up

maybe she did it when she was little or a teenager. i know that some of my friends weren't allowed to die their hair when they were like 12-14 and their parents would've been hella mad if they did. or she did it while she was modeling and the agency originally liked her blonde hair but then she dyed it? idk

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

So who are we thinking behind closed doors is about?

jimmy? mike seems like a good guy on the outside and she keeps going on about a bad boy and ppl thinking he's no good for her and she should leave. i thought the thing w jimmy was secret tho hmmm

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

you know, i always thought that related to her new management (ben et al) and, possibly, interscope, right after signing her with a certain image, they didn't want her to change. (i think we can all agree she was signed in 2010 in lieu of the official version of 2011 after "video games"  :creep: ). there was a brief moment in 2010 or early 2011 where she decided to go darker...you can see her hair dyed brownish in those photos naomi shon took of her and chuck and that botoxed woman, too. i'm at work now, but you guys know the pics i'm referring to? soon after, she lightened her hair again.