Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

I think Black Beauty could be about Marilyn Manson. :O I could be entirely wrong. He has a song called

"Heart Shaped Glasses"

"Don't break
Don't break my heart
And I won't break your heart-shaped glasses
Little girl, little girl

You should close your eyes
That blue is getting me high and making me low

She reminds me of the one in school
When I was cuttin'
She was dressed in white
And I couldn't take my eyes off her
But that's not what I took off that night"

Lana - Black Beauty

"I paint my nails black,
I dye my hair a darker shade of brown
Cause you like your women Spanish, dark, strong and proud
I paint the sky black
You said if you could have your way
You'd make a night time of today
So it'd suit the mood of your song

Oh, what can I do?
Nothing, my sparrow blue
Oh, what can I do?
Life is beautiful but you don't have a clue
Sun and ocean blue
Their magnificence, it don't make sense to you

I paint the house black
My wedding dress black leather too
You have no room for light
Love is lost on you
I keep my lips red
The same like cherries in the spring
Darling, you can't let everything
Seem so dark blue"

I think Black Beauty could be about Marilyn Manson. :O I could be entirely wrong. He has a song called

"Heart Shaped Glasses"

"Don't break

Don't break my heart

And I won't break your heart-shaped glasses

Little girl, little girl

You should close your eyes

That blue is getting me high and making me low

She reminds me of the one in school

When I was cuttin'

She was dressed in white

And I couldn't take my eyes off her

But that's not what I took off that night"

Lana - Black Beauty

"I paint my nails black,

I dye my hair a darker shade of brown

Cause you like your women Spanish, dark, strong and proud

I paint the sky black

You said if you could have your way

You'd make a night time of today

So it'd suit the mood of your song

Oh, what can I do?

Nothing, my sparrow blue

Oh, what can I do?

Life is beautiful but you don't have a clue

Sun and ocean blue

Their magnificence, it don't make sense to you

I paint the house black

My wedding dress black leather too

You have no room for light

Love is lost on you

I keep my lips red

The same like cherries in the spring

Darling, you can't let everything

Seem so dark blue"

but he's so gross........and they've only been seen together twice

i'm pretty sure black beauty's about barrie, she only died her hair black late last year, she was seen with marilyn early last year

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I know he is gross.. and scary. Someone reblogged a photoset I posted asking if "Heart Shaped Glasses" was inspired by her... which seems likely. I mean they were only spotted together by paparazzi but that doesn't say a whole lot

i'm pretty sure angels forever, forever angels is about k because we know he's from san diego (you are california proud) and that "We are heavy metal lions" and "Rock 'n' roll guardians now" sounds very K to me, we know he liked punk rock. i'm not sure what the "they were angels forever, forever angels" is supposed to mean...does this mean k's dead? is she referencing a lost/aborted child she had with k that's in heaven with him? is she talking about her and k and does "angels forever, forever angels" just mean that their relationship's dead?

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I know he is gross.. and scary. Someone reblogged a photoset I posted asking if "Heart Shaped Glasses" was inspired by her... which seems likely. I mean they were only spotted together by paparazzi but that doesn't say a whole lot

take that back. The song was recorded back in 2007 it seems. But the lyrics do fit Lana very well. :P

She wants K to give heaven a try, maybe its refrencing that theyll be angels forever not matter wether he got into heaven or not he was still her angel? Idk

I feel sorry for barrie, i would feel hell bad hearing thise songs, pretty on par with like reading her diary lol

Black beauty sounds like she's depressed with the relationship, she seems happy with barrie he dosent seem like he would be so dark and unloving towards her

dlnh8i.gif

take that back. The song was recorded back in 2007 it seems. But the lyrics do fit Lana very well. :P

yep it's about Evan Rachel Wood (his gf then).  She's in the video too.

Angels forever, forever angels is a reference to the Hells Angels. More bike/gang/open-road culture.

Yep and with the "easy rider" mention too (actually a lot of Lana songs remind me of that movie - the open road, the love for the "country that america used to be", perceived freedom vs actually being free).  I wonder if she was actually involved with 1%ers or if it's just glamorizing the lifestyle, i know a lot of hell's angels affiliates and they're not people i would want to get messed up with, lol. 

She wants K to give heaven a try, maybe its refrencing that theyll be angels forever not matter wether he got into heaven or not he was still her angel? Idk

I feel sorry for barrie, i would feel hell bad hearing thise songs, pretty on par with like reading her diary lol

Black beauty sounds like she's depressed with the relationship, she seems happy with barrie he dosent seem like he would be so dark and unloving towards her

I was thinking the same thing about Black Beauty. It sounds like the lover is depressed and doesn't know how to appreciate life and I don't get that vibe from Barrie.

tumblr_ma0935r5Ds1rbghbvo1_500.gif

Heart-shaped glasses are no way something of Manson's attribute but it's a very popular Lolita thing ! The promo for the Kubrick movie Lolita shows Dolores wearing heart-shaped glasses and Manson got inspired because he had a relationship with a girl much younger than him (she was 20 something).

SCARFACE2371.png

i'm pretty sure angels forever, forever angels is about k because we know he's from san diego (you are california proud) and that "We are heavy metal lions" and "Rock 'n' roll guardians now" sounds very K to me, we know he liked punk rock. i'm not sure what the "they were angels forever, forever angels" is supposed to mean...does this mean k's dead? is she referencing a lost/aborted child she had with k that's in heaven with him? is she talking about her and k and does "angels forever, forever angels" just mean that their relationship's dead?

I personally thought "they were angels forever forever Angels" was like somebody speaking at K and Lana's funeral, she did say she has fantasizes about her own funeral

B8wHSYZ.jpg

@@HeartshapedChevrolet :  Cool analysis! I really like your theory that Jimmy actually replaced K. Sounds logical to me. :isee:  I read your whole post yesterday but now I can’t remember everything. And I began to develop my own little theory while reading but now I just don’t know it anymore. :toofunny:  I shouldn’t read Lanalysis late at night….

Anyway, I’ve also thought quite a lot about who Black Beauty is about. The line “I dye my hair a darker shade of brown” hints obviously at Barrie. (or did she ever dye her hair dark before? I don’t think so.) So we could say BB is about Barrie and that’s it. (another random thing that caught my eye right now: Black Beauty – Barrie. But that doesn’t mean anything I guess.)

But for me the chorus gives rise to doubts because I think it's more a dark and depressed song. Like some others said before:

I was thinking the same thing about Black Beauty. It sounds like the lover is depressed and doesn't know how to appreciate life and I don't get that vibe from Barrie.

Well, I really don’t know anything about Barrie’s psychological state but to me he doesn’t seem that sad or depressed too.

So I'm not sure if BB is really about him but right now I'd rather say it's not.

Or maybe she’s mixing things up. Or maybe the song is actually about idk … K or whoever and she puts that dark-hair-reference in it to hide it from Barrie and make him think it’s about him. :shh:  

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

has anyone tied Black Beauty to TV in black and white? It's like a prequel/sequel or maybe from someone else's perspective. I'm 90% sure that BB is not autobiographical. No proof, just a gut feeling.

black beauty sounds more like it's about k imo. the only thing that points to it being about barrie is the part about dying her hair but maybe she died her hair darker when she was younger? she also died her hair brown from platinum blonde around...2011? so maybe it's about a guy she dated before barrie since they started dating in august 2011 but i think they may have only started seriously dating sometime mid to late 2012. she was still sleeping on her ex's couch in 2012 and we only started seeing them together regularly late 2012. all of that black leather wedding dress and black house doesn't sound very barrie-esque to me, he's a grungey cowboy. i'm not sure who black beauty is about, maybe k, maybe jimmy, maybe arthur, maybe another guy that was depressed and into heavy metal/rock.

I think when she talks about dying her hair, her wedding dress, etc. in Black Beauty she's talking about present day~ she does it to honor him. And it also sounds as though its her way of mourning him~ making her outer self seem dark to match his inner self

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

I wonder how Barrie feels about her still writing about her exes...I'm a jealous person so I'd be pretty uspet

it's good that he's a musician as well. lana said in an interview that she and barrie both felt, once they'd found each other, that all of their past love songs were resignified and became about each other :)

most of the inspiration behind lana's writing is about video games. she used to be a video game nerd, hence video games.mp3 ~gamer girl~ that song is about a guy she met while playing video games online. if she stopped playing, their luv stopped too! </3

• gimme them gold coins 

mario_coins.jpg

• mafiosi hit type

mafiawars-logo.jpg

she also had a love affair with GAS STATIONS, especially one named K. it's where she got her beloved diet mountain dew after all

Circle-K.jpg

close tha thread! i figured it all out! 

im bored at work sry  :runs: 

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***