TIARNZUS

"Ultraviolence" to premier tomorrow on BBC Radio 1 with Zane Lowe!

The song is also good in that it allows Lana to merge her hardcore fans with her mainstream audience, 'cause she uses iconic elements of her mythology like the whole Jim thing, or NY or even some expressions like sirens or whatever. I'm so ecstatic  :heart:  :rock:  :dance:

I agree with those who said that the lyrics are weak. There's something in her words is still beautiful, but not enough to make it up for the entire song. To be honest, her writing in this era is just not that strong anymore. Hope that the other songs in the album will change my mind.
But maybe that's what she's going for. It is unlistenable, not sonically but lyrically    :judgingu2:

Btw, the spoken part is very good though

The live performance slayed me, but I am not really feeling the studio version (yet!). I'm currently listening to it for the first time and I already like it, but I'm sure it will grow more on me after a couple of listens. I just think she shouldn't have used so much effect on the song.

EotAQlJ.jpg

I love the lyrics but the production could be better. Her live vocals are very strong but the in studio vocals are kind of too mellow and chilled out. Shades of Cool is better vocally imo.

I love the lyrics but the production could be better. Her live vocals are very strong but the in studio vocals are kind of too mellow and chilled out. Shades of Cool is better vocally imo. Wow.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

I have to say something.

It's not because we don't like her new music that we are stupid Rihanna and other guetta fans. I love music, my idole are Björk, Robert Wyatt & Tanya Tagaq so PLEASE don't say I don't have any taste.

We all are differant, but UV era is just pop/rock please calm down. Don't be snob.

[but I like her new songs, I'm just disapointed]

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

I really like this song, but the live version she did had this one note in the beginning when she sang "Jim brought me baaack", the live version she sang "back" in a really melodic way, and the recorded version it's sung differently. That was one of my favorite lines from the live song, it just sounded so good. Hope that made sense